[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
etsmc
etsmc

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Looks like my midfield battle with PurePowerRacing is going to suffer.
Whats the deciding factor when times are identical or is this just for suspense??

machin

There is time difference between the top 3... that's just for suspense...

So here we go, a return to the previous format showing simultaneous speed traces for the top three:-

COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

The two cars on P1 and P2 were so close I could not distinguish the lines :)

Congratulations to the MVRC team!

RicME85

cdsavage wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 12:18
RicME85 wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 00:27
Why should it matter that you redesigned the front wing? You had to.
The point I was making was if it was the same geometry that was submitted for two races in a row with the same issues then IMO that is a case of the minor issue not being fixed and therefore a penalty should be issued. If the minor issue was raised then the next race different geometry was submitted then IMO that should be a new minor issue and not a repeat.
I have compared the front wing parts from round 2 and round 3, and the areas pointed out in both rounds are 100% identical. The thickness of each of those elements never goes above about 6mm. You should look at the first point in appendix 1 for these elements.

The fact it is identical shouldn't matter anyway: if a tiny change was always considered a completely new part and it 'reset' the warning, then it would be possible to just keep making insignificant changes each round and you could keep violating the rules without ever getting a penalty. This is not how the warning system works, if someone gets a warning then they have already broken the rules in some minor way, instead of getting a penalty they have now been made aware of what is and isn't acceptable, and no leeway is given if a similar problem happens in the next round.
Thats why I asked about if we had the penalty system written into regulations anywhere, like everything things come down to interpretation, look how that rumbles on in F1!
Anyway, line drawn under it.
Looking at the times its good to see I have kept up the point scoring, I really need to spend some time trying to work out where the performance of the intro car can go, the results show a big gap between intro and full, I wonder if that can ever actually be brought down so intro is competitive.

With regards the intro car, could I make a request? Would it be possible to look at the front fenders with a view to changing the front of them, either soon or for the next season? Compared to say Matteo's car which it is based on, there isnt a lot of space in front of the front fender for wings as they are quite bulky in front of the wheel.

variante

Cool race indeed! ...and weird as well: I cannot explain TF's position (and laptime, especially)...it must have been a setup issue with his new car, because he could have easily reached the podium with the car he used for the high DF rounds :wtf:

Congratulations to CAEdevice, who managed to conquer a clear victory in this hard fought race.

Good performance by anyone, really...we've made big steps forward compared to last year!

CAEdevice

It looks like I will have to fight against JJR for the challenge and with Variante for the single race, congratulations to both.

Let's wait for the numbers, I will have to seriously study them.

AratzH

First congrats to the winner, amazing performance!
Regarding my own performance, it's a little weird because my own simulations showed 1.43 44. It wouldn't have put me in the podium, but I have to check why such a difference. Specially with how tight thing are now!
Anyway, now the focus is on next race. With the level there's no other way than breaking the 7/1 efficiency!
MVRC -> TF

LVDH

Congratulations to CAEdevice and Brook Motorsport and a welcome back to the podium for Variante.
Here are the full results:
Big Thanks Richard and especially Chris. I think he has the largest workload and once more we managed to get the results out within a week.
For me it is time to finally implement the rotated heat exchangers. If I cannot get it done very soon, I might delay the next race. Maybe it will only come for Le Mans. It will come though.

Ft5fTL

Tight race. With the current setup i dont think i can achieve more than that but i will keep trying. Congratz to CAEdevice.

I rendered some images of the car as requested.

I could animate the rims and tires for getting some movement effects but i didnt had the time unfortunately.
Last edited by Ft5fTL on 24 Sep 2017, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

Your renderings are very very good... are you still using SolidWorks?

Ft5fTL

CAEdevice wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 16:41
Your renderings are very very good... are you still using SolidWorks?
No i'm using 3ds max. I didn't feel comfortable enough on SolidWorks for using this season.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 15:35
For me it is time to finally implement the rotated heat exchangers. If I cannot get it done very soon, I might delay the next race. Maybe it will only come for Le Mans. It will come though.
It would be great to have the rotated hx for the next race, but no matter if they will be ready for LeMans. It will be another big step forward for the MVRC.

Just don't delay to 2018 because they have a big impact on the design of my layout: I will release a C version of the car for LeMans.

machin

Nice! I love these renders (and Variante's on the page before); they make the cars look really professional.
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

LVDH

Yeah, the renders are always super cool. I would like to learn how to do it so well myself. I like playing with Blender and I know a lot but there is still tons to learn...

etsmc wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 14:19
Looks like my midfield battle with PurePowerRacing is going to suffer.
Whats the deciding factor when times are identical or is this just for suspense??
I think I made a simple copy-paste mistake. If I do not forget, I will fix it tomorrow morning. But Sorry SHM was a bit faster this time. His redesign actually payed off. Another winner we had this race.

LVDH

Here is the update to the lap time image:
On the challenge page you can find the full results and championship standing.