F1 2013- a free computer game by me!

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Absolutelee

Re: F1 2013- a free computer game by me!

Nice job! Obviously not a cutting edge race sim, but I had a smile on my face while I was playing it

kosioBG

Absolutelee wrote:Nice job! Obviously not a cutting edge race sim, but I had a smile on my face while I was playing it
thanks for the support :D

gridwalker

kosioBG wrote:Thanks a lot to all! And for the questions- programming lanuage-Scratch, graphics- i painted (almost)everything myself.
Wider tracks is a good idea, but it's also an insane amount of work, since the circuits are made up of 9 pieces, and enlarging them means making them to 16.
You made this in scratch???

I've played around in scratch, and this is pretty impressive given the tool you chose to use ... may I ask why you chose to use Scratch for this?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

kosioBG

gridwalker wrote:
kosioBG wrote:Thanks a lot to all! And for the questions- programming lanuage-Scratch, graphics- i painted (almost)everything myself.
Wider tracks is a good idea, but it's also an insane amount of work, since the circuits are made up of 9 pieces, and enlarging them means making them to 16.
You made this in scratch???

I've played around in scratch, and this is pretty impressive given the tool you chose to use ... may I ask why you chose to use Scratch for this?
first of all, thanks. And i made it in scratch, because it's the only programming language that i know. i once started learning python, but didn't go far.

new scrolling update btw, circuit pieces don't overlap now and the sound is improved.
cheers

Aussie

I t's a bit of a laugh trying to keep the car on the track and the amount of tracks and different tires makes it a fun to mess around with.

Joey Zyla

I give him credit for the effort

cooken

This game is glorious. I just spent a half hour shaving tenths off my time on Catalunya.

=D>

kosioBG

cooken wrote:This game is glorious. I just spent a half hour shaving tenths off my time on Catalunya.

=D>
thanks mate means a lot to me :D

Alonso Fan

kosioBG wrote:
cooken wrote:This game is glorious. I just spent a half hour shaving tenths off my time on Catalunya.

=D>
thanks mate means a lot to me :D
excellent game!

very good attempt, much much better than anything i could do.

in your 3d one, the tip is not to make things look good, but to make the gameplay the best you can
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa