My Design

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
kulcu

My Design

Hello folks!
That's my first post here but I've been following the forums closely as I keep learning a lot, this is a great enviroment for any motor sports fan.
I am a mechanical engineering student and currently working on my thesis of 'Analysis of Aerodynamic Development in Formula One' that includes a design of my own.
I have created my own model using CATIA and will analyse it using Fluent, currently I am trying to figure out how to use Fluent so take it easy on me :)
I just wanted to get your opinion on the car as I really respect the ideas of all of you. What do you think I can do to improve the design. I am planning to add bargeboards and some vortex generators in rear wing after my initial CFD run.
I would like to get your opinion as well. Thanks!

CAEdevice

Re: My Design

Realistic design and very good rendering! Are you planning to partecipate to the Khasmin Virtual Racecar Challange?

astracrazy

your front wing flaps look horizontal?

kulcu

@CAEdevice Thank you! I rendered using Keyshot, pretty cool software. I actually just heard about Khasmin, I think I will register for it.

@astracrazy They are curved. But not very far from flat, though. Here is a closer look to front wing. But of course I'm planning to make big changes there after CFD runs.