CFD Project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
erikhfp
erikhfp

CFD Project

Hi guys,

I am currently busy with my honors and I have a CFD subject were I have to pick something to model for my final project and I was wondering if you might have any ideas which are F1 or racing related. The project has to be 3D and should preferably contain heat transfer as well. I was thinking in the line of something like a coanda exhaust system but I think it might be a bit to complicated to be able to simulate in the given time as there is a lot of detail on an F1. I might be able to simulate a coanda exhaust on a less complex car like a GP3 car or similar. Do you guys have any other ideas, I will post the results in this forum depending on how applicable they will end up being?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: CFD Project

How about the interaction of the current central exhaust and monkey seat? If that's too simple then how about modelling more than one and then comparing them?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

Brake duct cooling with spinning tire.

erikhfp
erikhfp

flyboy2160 wrote:Brake duct cooling with spinning tire.
Someone approached me about his brakes overheating on his race car and if I could maybe advise him on what he could do to help cool the brakes, only thing is it is a lancer evo. The reason why I would consider this guys request is to maybe see if I can't build some sort of reputation with the guys in our local racing scene but I think the results would still be very interesting as the way the heat and flow is distributed inside the rim and around the wheel should be fairly complex.

asad20
asad20

CFD Project

I am currently busy with my honors and I have a CFD subject were I have to pick something to model for my final project and I was wondering if you might have any ideas which are F1 or racing related.