F1 Downforce Figures - Source of information

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
al_garnett

F1 Downforce Figures - Source of information

I'm completing a CFD project at university on the front wing of a Formula 1 car.

Due to how secretive F1 is obviously its really hard to find information on the downforce values a car generates.

However, some kind of reputable source would really help me, so i anyone knows of any source of this information no matter how old it would really help.

Anything on the 2010 season downforce levels would be even better.

Greg Locock

Re: F1 Downforce Figures - Source of information

Peter Wright's book on the Ferrari from 2000 had some detail on the various downforce options.

MadMatt

I really don't know why teams don't publish aero values of past cars. They cannot use them anymore in F1 (2010 cars for example), they won't reveal secrets useful to anybody by doing so, but it would be great for tech people! :) Same with engine power figures for example.

variante

al_garnett wrote:I'm completing a CFD project at university on the front wing of a Formula 1 car.

Due to how secretive F1 is obviously its really hard to find information on the downforce values a car generates.

However, some kind of reputable source would really help me, so i anyone knows of any source of this information no matter how old it would really help.

Anything on the 2010 season downforce levels would be even better.
Here i've got some gold for you:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 05#p430605
Official informations, released by Ferrari, about recent years front wings.