[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

CAEdevice wrote: I can not wait, I really can not wait. :evil:

I thought for a second to help the staff instead of competing, but now I definitely changed my mind ...
This is bad news. So who will help with designing a new Intro class car?

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote: I can not wait, I really can not wait. :evil:

I thought for a second to help the staff instead of competing, but now I definitely changed my mind ...
This is bad news. So who will help with designing a new Intro class car?
Don't worry. I will do everything that is possible without seeing other partecipants CAD models.
The open source car will be released, of course!

rjsa

LVDH wrote:
rjsa wrote:
LVDH wrote: The safest way to ensure that they appear is to split the special_bc into a left and right part.
Ok, I'll give it a try. BTW, have you looked at the last case I submitted? I'm getting a lot of images missing, Kind of randomly.
No, I have not had a chance to look at it yet. I am somewhat afraid that it will be an obscure issue deep in OF that I possibly cannot solve anyways. After Christmas I will look at this and making MVRC more robust. This is not five minute work. It will require a lot of time.
I can imagine. Good luck!

Alonso Fan

Not trying to be pushy but when is the challenge page going to be updated with all those nice renders we did?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

Haha, good question. I would also like to see them up there. I hope to find some time between the holidays for that. If you like you can send me some more nice pictures of your car.

CAEdevice

Hi everybody.

The flu and the celebrations (I even drank a beer) for the victory made me forgot that I am a sponsor.
As I wrote some pages above, I will not consider my own team placement when assigning the prize.

The best placed team in this special chart is JJR: please contact me by MP or email ( caedevice@caedevice.net ) to exchange the data for the Racecar Engineering subscription.

PS: If someone who reads this forum had contacts with RE, wouldn't be good idea to spend some words about us instead of, as usual, about FSAE ;) ?

JJR
JJR

Hi Matteo,
I already have Racecar Engineering subscription so you can ask AratzH.
Thank you anyway.

CAEdevice

Very kind of you.

The next on the list is AartzH :)

AratzH

Ooh! Thank you guys! This is really awesome!
MVRC -> TF

Alonso Fan

i was gonna say, at this rate i'd be winning the prize :D
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

Alonso Fan wrote:i was gonna say, at this rate i'd be winning the prize :D
That would have been funny

CAEdevice

I was looking at the numbers of the 2016 season. My impression is that the only one who designed a car with top performances in both extreme df and efficiency races was JJR. In most cases two radically different designs would have been needed.

I hope that the new rules but also the number of extreme df and efficency races will be released soon (also for the "intro class" car that will be a compromise between the two setups).

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote: I hope that the new rules but also the number of extreme df and efficency races will be released soon (also for the "intro class" car that will be a compromise between the two setups).
You just won the championship, now sit back and relax. Defending it will become very tough.
Also it will take a while to release the new rules as this time there is no big hurry and I want them well thought out to make sure you can enjoy a better challenge next year.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote: I hope that the new rules but also the number of extreme df and efficency races will be released soon (also for the "intro class" car that will be a compromise between the two setups).
You just won the championship, now sit back and relax. Defending it will become very tough.
Also it will take a while to release the new rules as this time there is no big hurry and I want them well thought out to make sure you can enjoy a better challenge next year.
I am completely focused on the "open source" project that will be a brand new design... I have a total reject for my car, I can't even load it with SolidWorks :D

machin

Congratulations to everyone that competed in the MVRC in 2016. From what I have seen of the cars they really were a step up in quality this year: every one looked really good. I'd have liked to continue my own car as a bit of an experiment, but my old CAD computer gave up the ghost earlier in the year and I have not replaced it yet.

Obviously Andre and Chris deserve huge credit for continuing from where the KVRC left off; I am truly amazed at how much time they dedicate to the operational side of the challenge.
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH