My F1 car according 2017 regs

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Daliracing

Re: My F1 car according 2017 regs

Damn great work! and i thought my wing looked good :-p
I'm curious to see the end result!

godlameroso

Nice work! I can't wait to see your take on the barge boards. There's so much freedom to shape them and stack multiple elements to your heart's content.
Saishū kōnā

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

Looks pretty good mate - commenting to keep easy access to this thread for more updates. :D
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

"No Bubble, no BoP, no Avenging Crusader.... HERE COMES THE INCARNATION"!!"

k.ko100v

Daliracing wrote:Damn great work! and i thought my wing looked good :-p
I'm curious to see the end result!
godlameroso wrote:Nice work! I can't wait to see your take on the barge boards. There's so much freedom to shape them and stack multiple elements to your heart's content.
Vyssion wrote:Looks pretty good mate - commenting to keep easy access to this thread for more updates. :D
Thanks a lot guys.
The past few mounts were really busy for me and I had no time for modeling.
Soon I will continue with the car for sure and I will post some results.

Regards,
Krasen

k.ko100v

Well,

The modeling had started again, from the scratch. The inspiration was the MVRC - 2019 and the target is to participate to the last 2 races. Really regret to not started it earlier, but it is what it is.

It is not finished yet, but hopefully it will be ready until the end of this week.

I am sharing the progress until now. The floor is from @machin, hope he doesn't mind to use it as a starting point. :)

Still need to finish the cooling and the rear wing design.

Regards,
Krasen

k.ko100v

And there she is, my first ever compleed f1 model:

It is pretty basic, and a lot of the surfaces are not with the required quality but lets say that there is a big room for improvement.

Really looking forward for your thoughts :)

Regards,
Krasen

k.ko100v

Hi All,

Today I've manage to run a cfd only for the front wing. What can I say... this is realy stunning application. I can say that I am totally addicted :)

The model:

The numbers:

For a first ever run I am really happy with the results, but for sure there is a room for improvement.

You can see the speed drop on a certain spaces underneath the wing, which can lead to a flow separation:

And in a cross section We can see that there is na issue with the aerofoil shape on the first and maybe on the second flaps:

The transition between the second and third flap doesn't look good as well

It seems that all this creates unpleasant vortexes behind the wing and possible increase of drag

Anyway I think that there are positive things
For instance the Y250 and endplate vortexes are looking strong, just have to manage to direct them where I want:

Regards,
Krasen