[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
rjsa

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

I was able to gain back most of what I'd lost with the new software. Some important changes in philosophy due to the notable increase in detachment.

Now the COP shifted to the front. I had it at 1.8, at best, since the release. Now I figured out the front end, better than with the previous version of the software, actually, and It's around 1.5.

But the fixes that did in the front work against it in the back.

If I can figure this I'll have a contender.

And let's just hope I'll pass scrutiny.

rjsa

Two questions:

-I don't have to pack suspension and wheels, right?

-The TXT stating suspension and footwell offsets has no special syntax, it's a simple file stating the amount by which element was shifted, right? Placed directly in the input_files folder?

CAEdevice

rjsa wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 02:59
Two questions:

-The TXT stating suspension and footwell offsets has no special syntax, it's a simple file stating the amount by which element was shifted, right? Placed directly in the input_files folder?
- Correct
- Correct

RicME85

Noticed a problem with the CAESES online geometry generator which will hopefully be fixed when new car is uploaded with the suspension cover. At present the front wing that you can create with a lot of the settings collides with the suspension cover when you import the stl into the body stl.

rjsa

CAEdevice wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 06:54
rjsa wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 02:59
Two questions:

- Correct
- Correct
Tks :wink:

CAEdevice

RicME85 wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 11:59
Noticed a problem with the CAESES online geometry generator which will hopefully be fixed when new car is uploaded with the suspension cover. At present the front wing that you can create with a lot of the settings collides with the suspension cover when you import the stl into the body stl.
CAESES should add a parameter to change the front wing length, this would allow different strategies...

LVDH

RicME85 wrote:
They will update the car in the app soon. Then you will see if you collide.

CAEdevice wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 13:27
RicME85 wrote:
CAESES should add a parameter to change the front wing length, this would allow different strategies...
It has that. Do you mean the width?

CAEdevice

Sorry, I didn't notice it. You are right!

RicME: You can reduce the wing length to avoid the contact with the suspension cover: it is what I do with my car (70% similar to the intro car).

RicME85

I know I can do it, just it's a pain when you design something and then load it up to find it's clipping.
Was just trying to get some different setups done before the submission but will probably go with something basic and a few cosmetic changes.

cdsavage

RicME85 wrote:
19 Jul 2017, 15:54
For the intro class, are we limited to modifying front wing, rear wing, floor and diffuser? Are we allowed to add vanes and winglets to the supplied chassis?
I assume that if I were to create a bit of bodywork that 'bolted' on to the intro class chassis that would change the appearance that would move the submission from into to full?
Just mulling things over for later rounds as to what to do.
You can add parts to the car and remain in the intro class as long as it complies with everything in the rulebook. Remember not to submit the supplied parts, only the parts you want to add. When you want to modify/replace something in the supplied parts, then you need to move up to a full entry.

Just a reminder, as mentioned earlier, make sure the filename of the submissions follow a format like "<team>_<round>_<version>". This is going to be added to the rulebook.

etsmc

Well, I think that is my round one car is complete. In its current form, it would have given me a couple of podium finishes last year so happy with what I have achieved so far, hopefully, i can make some improvements and have a good season this year.

An update to the blog also.
https://mercurymotorsport.wordpress.com ... 1-cooling/

rjsa

Any one care to share the wheels you guys use for rendering?

I'm running what must be the last simulation now, to submit it tomorrow. Looking forward do do proper renderings.

AratzH

Almost ready for race 1. HIgh downforce has never been my strong suit, but things look quite promising. I can tell that for the first time I've broken the 6/1 L/D ratio... Will it be enough... who knows.
The new solver adds a new realm of possibilities I can't wait to explore. For now just some final tweaks and make sure the vehicle complies with the rules.
Finally the required picture TF030:

Unfortunatelly there's no way to run Monaco without wings!! :lol:
MVRC -> TF

CAEdevice

L/D > 6 with Monaco setup? Shocking!

Are you running in Monaco with that rear wing?

AratzH

That will most likely be Monaco's wing. I might have to do some minor adjustment for balance thoug.
MVRC -> TF