Ringo F1 design

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
MIKEY_!

Re: Ringo F1 design

You know how the diffuser, viewed from the side, has a shape using multiple curves? Have you considered using that shape for the diffuser walls as well? It would give more expansion but would it interfere with the tire badly?

ringo

I guess you have to draw an example. but what i have so far is curved, maybe not on the vertical wall so much. But from the side view it has multiple curves.
I will do the CFD with the basic car before i do any adjustments.

I am pushing to finish, but i need to be in the mood to draw. It can get sickening if you do it too much. :mrgreen:

turning vane, barge board, wing elements, front suspension, under nose bardge board left to do.
For Sure!!

ringo

Sorry for the downtime. I've been busy at work, but also i'm changing up the wire frame to something simpler. Makes it easier on the cfd. I'll chnage the none and exhuasts for 2012 while i'm at it.

Radiator will be aluminum with carbon foam instead of fins.
For Sure!!

humble sabot

ringo wrote:I was thinking of using pull rod on this baby, but since the car is not real i guess i can push the envelope.

I came up with this concept called cable suspension. Instead of rods, the car is suspended by cable.

There is a cable for compression and one for rebound. This is needed as a cable cannot compress; it can only carry tension. The cables are very thin and are drawn through pulleys inside the gearbox to the torsion springs.

I'm not sure if it is advantageous or not, but it's interesting.
If it's a thin enough cable then there will be an aero benefit and also a mechanical benefit. 2 cables means that there is the option to have 2 suspension systems.
Each cable can have its own springs dampers etc. So this makes suspension tuning more independent on compression and rebound.

Cables also make it possible to keep the dampers in the most unusual places. Cable and pulley system means there can be all kinds of direction changes in the car to transfer the force to the springs and dampers.
Suspension may well be in the sidepods under the exhaust or by the crank case.
This may be the smartest idea you've come up with on this forum.. I think your best bet would be a beltlike cable.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

ringo

Hmmm

the more i look at the 2013 sauber, the more i feel page 12 of this thread had an influence.
I wonder if they're running sodium fluoride coolant too? :wink:

The general design was based on slim sidepods. If you notice this car, the pods do not extetend beyond the floor width.

Unfortunately i'm not continuing this car. I'll use the thread to do a 2014 car.
For Sure!!