2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jef Patat

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

turbof1 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
the EDGE wrote:I'm a little confused, is this impeccable Mercedes team you are talking about the same Mercedes team who's front wing fell-off during testing several years ago?
Ask yourself, was that such a basic thing that they were testing?
His point was you don't necessarily need to have an issue-free winter to get a better performing car.

Btw: am I only one noticing this mass hysteria goes a bit too far? An oil leak does not necessarily mean it is a structural issue that is unsurmountable. If the next days show more breakdowns, than I think this public outlash is warranted. But not on day 1.
I agree, this is not a disaster, but still a pity. As Fernando said at the launch, as much mileage as possible because the more data the better. Now they aren't getting any data. That's also an important aspect.

TAG

Thunders wrote:I for myself remain confident that this Year Honda will deliver.
It's an entirely new PU from what they've stated, so all new growing pains.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

OviJohn

Thunders wrote:@turbof1: I think it's only because the last 2 Years were bad enough in Terms of reliability. And now on the First Day of Year 3 it happens again. Of course it's only Testing and better now than in Melbourne but that Phrase gets a little old after3 Years in a row.

I for myself remain confident that this Year Honda will deliver.

Ditto!

a1b2i3r45

Where are the Honda memes? F1 should have a stronger meme community.
Let's take a moment and laugh at Honda :lol: :lol:
and also what's up with Honda and oil? Last year it was fuel pump the year before that it was oil leak also some other leaks.....

FW17

Honda probably would have been better off running there underdeveloped engine from 2014 rather than 2015. That additional years development meant nothing for them.

On the other hand Alonso would have stayed with Ferrari.

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

godlameroso

Engine should be in the car in another 40 minutes. They have good mechanics.
Saishū kōnā

OviJohn

godlameroso wrote:Engine should be in the car in another 40 minutes. They have good mechanics.

I still cant get thru my head why the team didnt go straight for a new PU switch right after realising that the leakeage could take "several hours" to solve.

They could´ve take that PU out after the first hours, get it ready for shipment back to Sakura and start mounting the spare PU in order to complete the test schedule and not lose almost a whole day #-o

Goran2812

On the test thread someone wrote that Eric said they will not be running the second engine until Honda investigation is over... :( so sad...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

godlameroso

So does that mean we have to wait until Wednesday for them to turn a timed lap?
Saishū kōnā

GoranF1

godlameroso wrote:So does that mean we have to wait until Wednesday for them to turn a timed lap?

autosport live said Alonso is preparing to jump in the car soon...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

diffuser

OviJohn wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Engine should be in the car in another 40 minutes. They have good mechanics.

I still cant get thru my head why the team didnt go straight for a new PU switch right after realising that the leakeage could take "several hours" to solve.

They could´ve take that PU out after the first hours, get it ready for shipment back to Sakura and start mounting the spare PU in order to complete the test schedule and not lose almost a whole day #-o
Pretty sure it wasn't that black and white ....

mclaren111

Albert Fabrega ES
@ AlbertFabrega
McLaren is scheduled to return to track at 16:00. The engine has already started.

GPR-A duplicate2

Latest Via Autosport:
20:36 Alonso returns to the pits at a crawling pace, with the Honda engine already switched off. He pulls out of the fast lane as mechanics run up the pitlane in case the McLaren can't coast all the way to the garage.

diffuser

They can still get in 80+ laps.