2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Alonso:

"It's not the perfect start, we have to concentrate and try to recover the time, we are sad not to run"
"We did 29 laps, but not quality, we were checking things out, we were not going to peak"

"Difficult to comment on the day, many problems. I hope next week we have something (motor) more similar to what we will have in Aus"

dren

That doesn't sound overly promising.
Honda!

HPD

"It has not been a perfect start. We are disappointed and sad when arriving the first day and not being able to try. We know the time we have lost. Every driver has four days and I lost one. Not a pleasant situation, but that's the way things are. We need to get a lot of information in a short time and we have to learn what happens to the car, "said Alonso.

"We've had a lot of problems and tried conservative configurations to make sure the systems worked well. I can not say anything about the engine because we have not mounted the specification that corresponded. I hope Honda has a solution this week. So, next week we should have something better, "added the Spaniard.

The bicampeón of the world could take some positive aspects with respect to the new monoplazas in spite of the lack of mileage. "Yesterday we tried with demonstration tires. Today, with the standard tires completed 29 laps but many were installation. We could not squeeze the potential. The only conclusion is that the new cars look good and are faster in the corners. You can reach the limit a little more. "
http://www.caranddriverthef1.com/formul ... os-perdido
"Today we had 29 laps, but they were not quality laps, they were testing laps." We were not racing at full power, it's difficult to have a 'feeling' right now, we had a lot of problems and in the end we used very conservative set- "There is nothing dramatically wrong, but the point is that you have to be faster than others, that the goal is to make up for the time and that the First day has not gone as well as we'd want. There's no reason to hide it. "
"We can not comment on the power unit because we did not use the 'spec' that should be in the car. Hopefully, Honda can quickly find solutions for this week and have more normal days with Stoffel and me on Wednesday, and then That next week we have something better and more similar to what I hope we use in Australia, because it is difficult to comment on the first day."

"When you have to lift your foot for three seconds before braking, turn the steering wheel around in the right turns and do not turn it on the left to check the oil levels and those things, you get low and you have a good feeling for To re-drive a Formula 1, but as to what the car can give I have no idea. "
"The only conclusion is that the cars are nice, faster in the corners. It's good to get back down to that feeling of downforce and to be able to take the car a bit more to the limit." I've seen other cars spor the track and paint very well. Happy with that, happy that the sport goes in the right direction. I feel bad for the fans, they have seen horrible cars in recent years. "
Link: http://soymotor.com/noticias/alonso-no- ... ion-930309

i70q7m7ghw

Another year at the back. I wonder how long it takes the board to force Zak Brown out.

How many more years does this continue before the sell the F1 team off? They've lost all their sponsors, I can't imagine this kind of performance is doing their automotive business any good...

namao

Diesel wrote:Another year at the back. I wonder how long it takes the board to force Zak Brown out.

How many more years does this continue before the sell the F1 team off? They've lost all their sponsors, I can't imagine this kind of performance is doing their automotive business any good...
Common sense, please. Today only has been the first day of testing.

CmdrVOODOO

The livery is nice but just lacking sponsors and some finishing touches.
https://twitter.com/CmdrVOODOO/status/8 ... 3620917248

ALO_Power

The crew seem to have fun retrieving the car after a failure LOL. They got used to it from the last 2 years. :lol: :lol:

Apart from the joke, hope the P.U issue not to be fundamental...

adrianjordan

CmdrVOODOO wrote:The livery is nice but just lacking sponsors and some finishing touches.

https://twitter.com/CmdrVOODOO/status/8 ... 3620917248
That gets my vote!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mclaren111

Alonso Fan wrote:See what I said about emotion earlier? Fans flipping at the slightest of problem. Next thing we know we'll get 100+ laps tomorrow ( I hope!!) and fans will be crowning Alonso 2017 drivers champion.
Human nature - strange beast it is :lol: :o :lol:

I have seen PP in quite a few posts. Heavily involved this year !! Wants to see his baby perform !!

dr_cooke

Oh my... Stoff down already.

Mansell89

Vandoorne crawls back in from the installation lap.

This could get very messy for Honda if things aren't sorted out very quickly.

BosF1

This is getting embarrassing..

Mansell89

I thought Honda had taken on a coupe of ex-Merc guys too, so I expected at least reliability!

Thunder

Mansell89 wrote:I thought Honda had taken on a coupe of ex-Merc guys too, so I expected at least reliability!

Where did you read that?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum