2017 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2017 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Team: Haas F1 Team
Base: Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States (Main) & Banbury, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom (Euro)
Team principal: Gene Haas, Günther Steiner
Technical director(s): Rob Taylor, Ben Agathangelou

Race drivers:

8 Image Romain Grosjean
20 Image Kevin Magnussen

Test drivers : Santino Ferruci, Charles LeClerc

Chassis: VF-17
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

2016 position: 8th (29 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2017 Haas F1 TEAM
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

turbof1

Re: 2017 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Stickied
#AeroFrodo

Vasconia

Last edited by Vasconia on 27 Feb 2017, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

Vasconia

Not a fan of the grey colour but the car looks good. I really like the Sharp fin´s design and colours.

roon

Anyone know what caused the engine failures?

Mr.G

Did they confirmed it was engine failure? And if so, it happens only to HAAS (so probably HAAS related only) no other Ferrari engine have issues...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

countersteer

Do the rules require that Ferrari supply engines to Haas that are identical spec to its own? I'm wondering if Ferrari could be supplying development engines to Haas to validate concepts for the factory team.

Mr.G

Last year they supply them the same... May be with some offset later in the season as the teams was on different PU usages...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Mr.G

Is there confirmation that it was PU failure?

skoop

Mr.G wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 13:19
Is there confirmation that it was PU failure?
I think Ted said in his Racenootbook that is was'nt a PU failure, unfortunately I don't remember what the cause was :(

SteveRacer

Grosjean had been one of the standout performers during Saturday's qualifying session and started from sixth on the grid, and although he lost out to Felipe Massa at the start he was still comfortably in seventh when a water leak forced him to retire in the pit lane. Kevin Magnussen also failed to see the checkered flag, meaning Haas left Melbourne without scoring despite showing good pace.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/139120-haa ... pportunity

continuum16

I think they can have a good year, and with solid development they can be a top 5 team. The biggest question over them will be whether they can be a bit batter at finding the setup, because last year they were all over the place, some weeks they were in Q3 fighting for points, and others they were out in Q1 and nowhere in the race.

Last year they were crap in China so that should be a good benchmark.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

SteveRacer

continuum16 wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 19:29
I think they can have a good year, and with solid development they can be a top 5 team. The biggest question over them will be whether they can be a bit batter at finding the setup, because last year they were all over the place, some weeks they were in Q3 fighting for points, and others they were out in Q1 and nowhere in the race.

Last year they were crap in China so that should be a good benchmark.
I am optimistic that last years issues were due to the team being new. Hopefully they will have some data they can rely on from last year to minimize most of those issues. I am also hoping that the new car formula will level the playing field some in terms of setup and what the circuit with require.

Nuvolari

Some speed data on how the Haas compared with Mercedes at Bahrain.

Overall, car is lacking in low speed corners, but pretty decent in medium speed. I found turns 7 & 12 very interesting, probably where Haas is lacking in downforce compared to Mercedes, but I'd guess equal to Renault/Williams et al. in the midfield (more analysis here). :)

F1NAC

New livery for MonacoImage