2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Leaving but for what? Can he find a winning team? İf Honda and McLaren can make big step forward this year and fight for title next year he can be wcc. Otherwise he has no chance with any other team I think. realistically he has no chance with McLaren too. I am fan of him since 2003 but I am afraid he lost all chance to be wcc again if he think to retire in two years. İf he think to go on, he must stay mclaren. This is best choise still very low chance I think

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

That's just one opinion, from Webber, nothing more at the moment. I take hints from Fernando himself more seriously. For example this one:
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/0 ... en-not-me/
In another interview he stated that he won't be fighting to be the best of the rest.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Jef Patat wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 19:18
That's just one opinion, from Webber, nothing more at the moment. I take hints from Fernando himself more seriously. For example this one:
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/0 ... en-not-me/
In another interview he stated that he won't be fighting to be the best of the rest.
well however you put it he's right, but then again, it's his team, so it's his problem too then.
I'm absolutely a fan of Alonso, but i'm not blind to the fact he's not giving the right backing to his team.
He did so at Ferrari, and now at Mclaren. That's not really a good thing to do, even if it's understandable
and even defendable.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

bwahahaha that would be genius.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

etusch

I hope they are talking about 2017 china gp :lol:

diffuser

As much as I hear Alonso and understand his frustration ....where would he go ???

Merc ? Alonso is better that Bottas. But they have Hamilton and there is a Huge risk for Merc of a possible big problem between Ham and Alonso. To me it's easier with a clear #2.

RBR - aren't going to want Alonso
Ferrari - maybe ...I don't know if Ferrari would taken him back and not sure Alonso would go back.
STR - no money
What does that leave you with ??
Williams ?

I don't think a place exists for him to go.
Last edited by diffuser on 28 Mar 2017, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Stormy

diffuser wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 22:39
As much as I hear Alonso and understand his frustration ....where would he go ???

Merc ? Alonso is better that Bottas. But they have Hamilton and there is a Huge risk for Merc of a possible big problem between Ham and Alonso. To me it's easier with a clear #2.

RBR - aren't going want Alonso
Ferrari - maybe ...I don't know if Ferrari would taken him back and not sure Alonso would go back.
STR - no money
Williams ?

Well, unfortunately, you are right. Bottas doesn't have to win the WDC in order to stay in Mercedes, he just needs to be close behind Lewis. If he fails to do this (which i doubt it) then Mercedes will consider replacing him with someone else.

Red Bull are known for using their own drivers from their driver's academy, they are not into buying expensive drivers.

STR is not a WDC contender, they are a midfield team and will stay that way.

Williams will never win another WDC unless they partner up with someone like they had in BMW.

So, gloomy days ahead of FA.

diffuser

Williams is interesting with Paddy Lowe there now. They don't have the Money though and they're starting to look more and more like RBR's STR to Merc.
Last edited by diffuser on 28 Mar 2017, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

This is what I think will happen ...

Still, if given the choice, Brown would sign-up Alonso for five more years.

"He's very motivated and fit -- he has five years ahead of him if he wants it," the American is quoted by the Spanish sports daily Marca.

http://en.f1i.com/news/263403-brown-wan ... lonso.html

etusch

Stormy wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 22:46
diffuser wrote:

STR - no money
Williams ?

Well, unfortunately, you are right. Bottas doesn't have to win the WDC in order to stay in Mercedes, he just needs to be close behind Lewis. If he fails to do this (which i doubt it) then Mercedes will consider replacing him with someone else.

Red Bull are known for using their own drivers from their driver's academy, they are not into buying expensive drivers.

Williams will never win another WDC unless they partner up with someone like they had in BMW.

As you say williams needs to make partnership with an engine producer. There is no new brand. So what can be williams supplier. Honda. There isn't other option.

makecry
makecry

etusch wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 23:34
Stormy wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 22:46
diffuser wrote:

STR - no money
Williams ?

As you say williams needs to make partnership with an engine producer. There is no new brand. So what can be williams supplier. Honda. There isn't other option.
How is Williams Honda going to be any different than McLaren Honda? It's not like Honda is producing a monster PU that is miles ahead of everyone and is held back by a piece of --- chassis that's slower than a Manor. How is Williams going with Honda help Fernando in anyway? It's an absurd discussion. It won't be an absurd discussion if Honda was held back by McLaren. The common denominator will still be Honda and they are the one who suck right now.

Alexitation
Alexitation

Renault seems like the only choice for Alonso if he eventually decides to leave McLaren.
Both teams want to be WCC contenders, and if Alonso doesn't trust McLaren anymore there's no other option for him (others have already explained why).

Changing teams now would be another gamble for him though and he's not really good at this game, is he? He's been saying McLaren was the only team able to defeat Mercedes and it turns out it's the team he left that is just about to do that...

diffuser

Easy now
One race does not make a championship.

etusch

Ferrari looks only team to beat merc but Redbul will beat both Second part of season ( my prediction)