Williams 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
joseff

Re: Williams 2012

Actually I'm more interested in this part
RicME85 wrote:
"So you think don't crash, don't make mistakes, brake a little bit earlier, and look after it. That's what you've got to do and that's what he did."
He drove a very mature race. If they were to tell Montoya to "slow down, save tires" I think he'd simply turn the radio off.

FW17

joseff wrote:Actually I'm more interested in this part
RicME85 wrote:
"So you think don't crash, don't make mistakes, brake a little bit earlier, and look after it. That's what you've got to do and that's what he did."
He drove a very mature race. If they were to tell Montoya to "slow down, save tires" I think he'd simply turn the radio off.

Pastor Maldonado thankfully did not get run over by a back marker like Montoya.

zoro_f1

it is something like to racing with hispania or marussia...

well,... williams is a top team in F1 with a huge history behind them. also frank is a big big man. everyone was so happy because of them. it is not only the victory for williams, it was a victory for everyone in F1. in sunday F1 was a big big winner but alonso in australia falls down with that comment.

no one in history of F1 had made such a step forward like williams this year. they are true winners and the deserve's to be a world champions. =D>
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:I don't see any problem with Alonso comments. He didn't criticized Williams, he just said the goal of Ferrari is to fight with the best car, so Mclaren, Lotus, and perhaps Red Bull. He didn't said Williams not deserve to be in F1, i think you have to re-read his comment.

Williams is not the best car because they won Sunday. Like Sauber was not the car to beat after Malaysia.
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

SeijaKessen

So...any chance Bruno Senna can come even close to matching Pastor for the remainder of the season?

xpensive

Depends on his luck in the tyre-tombola perhaps?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

PlatinumZealot

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

mrk189 wrote:
wunderkind wrote:I have high hopes for this Mike Coughlan machine. Together with Renault, Senna, and Maldonado, I think Williams F1 is the dark horse of the midfielders to challenge the Big-5 when the pendulum swings to their favour.
Every year, people keeping saying these things in hope of a revival. Williams lag too much behind the big teams in terms of funding to even be remotely competitive. They have wasted many years moving down the grid with a clearly disfunctional design team and are now suddenly realising that they needed new blood. It is probably too late now. I hope I'm wrong.
It is always fun to go back and read the early season comments.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

SeijaKessen wrote:So...any chance Bruno Senna can come even close to matching Pastor for the remainder of the season?
Even with the tyre gamble i dont think so. Maldonado is a different animal.
Maldonado is very very fast. judging by his Q3 break throughs last season in the crap williams, i would say he is definitely in top 3 or 4 for raw speed.

What would surprise me is if Petrov wins in the caterham.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

I don't think Maldo is top 3 or 4 - but he's no slouch. I called him a pay driver and to be fair to myself - this is the first time he's really shown indication otherwise IMO (and maybe the first 57 laps of Melbourne).

I think Maldonado vs Senna is like a mini Hamilton vs Button, as is Di Resta vs Hulkenberg. Maldonado, judging from onboards, seems to be somewhat similar in terms of style to Hamilton. Whether or not the speed is the same is another matter - I don't believe for a second he is as fast as Hamilton. At least at the moment. But in terms of lines, steering application, throttle/brake application, he seems to be taking very similar to Lewis.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Reventon

good to know Frank doesn't think Pastor is a wanker:

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... 78776.html
"Yeah, he was to some extent (initially at the team because of money); I'm not denying that," Williams is quoted by Autosport. "But if we thought he'd been a wanker, he wouldn't have got in the team no matter how much money he had. He did a very sensible job in GP2 and he fully deserves to be in the team with or without the dosh. The truth is that if you haven't got the dosh, you can't go Formula 1 racing."
I've screen printed it in case they correct the 'typo' in the above link :mrgreen:

mx_tifoso

^^Welcome to a few pages ago... :)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

SeijaKessen

So what's the likelihood of Bruno actually turning in a good qualifying session?

He looks lethargic out there relative to Pastor.

SeijaKessen

ringo wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:So...any chance Bruno Senna can come even close to matching Pastor for the remainder of the season?
Even with the tyre gamble i dont think so. Maldonado is a different animal.
Maldonado is very very fast. judging by his Q3 break throughs last season in the crap williams, i would say he is definitely in top 3 or 4 for raw speed.

What would surprise me is if Petrov wins in the caterham.
If Petrov ever won in the Caterham, I probably would contemplate jumping off of a bridge. :lol:

marcush.

beware!
I had made a fool out of me predicting senna would not score any points in the renault last year ..but jesus he did score ..
so judging by this years rollercoaster ..no bets that could be life threatening...

SeijaKessen

marcush. wrote:beware!
I had made a fool out of me predicting senna would not score any points in the renault last year ..but jesus he did score ..
so judging by this years rollercoaster ..no bets that could be life threatening...
Good point!

I really would love to see something big happen (in a good way) with Bruno Senna this weekend.

One thing I am going to be interested to see is how he looks come qualifying since he doesn't have to give up his car to Bottas at all for Monaco. I've been wondering if having less time than everyone else on the non-street circuits has any factor in his qualifying sessions. Even had he not spun off in Q1 in Spain, I don't know if he would have even made it into Q2. He made too many gaffes during his completed flying laps.

FW17

Williams wins a flower show