Williams 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Raptor22

Re: Williams 2012

ArchAngel wrote:
mx_tifoso wrote:Senna is using the same chassis. I read it somewhere, but I'll try to remember where and post it on here so check back in a few minutes.

edit: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Senn ... 42228.html
Gracias. :mrgreen:

I suppose that flash fire couldn't have gotten anywhere near hot enough like an autoclave. Would've been somewhat cool in an old-school kinda way had the car been allowed to keep its burnt/charred look, with only the liveries cleaned up... Sorta like battle scars kept like a badge of courage. :mrgreen:

if it was a lithium Iron Phosphate battery fire then it would have been way hotter than an autoclave. If the chassis was exposed to the heat it would be ruined

McMrocks

why do they take two paydrivers which are too motivated?

marcush.

williams testing in IDIADA todays...I have heard... :roll: :roll:

SeijaKessen

Toto Wolff Becomes an Executive Director of Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC

Today it has been announced that Toto Wolff will become an Executive Director of Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC with immediate effect, stepping up his role within the company from that of Non-Executive Director. In his new role Toto will assist and support Sir Frank Williams in his continuing position as Team Principal.

As a shareholder in and Executive Director of Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC, Toto will work closely with Sir Frank Williams, each being a long term and committed shareholder of the business.

Sir Frank Williams, said: “Toto’s new role, working closely alongside myself, is about Williams looking forward and managing the successful running of the company. I am looking forward to our new working relationship and I have every belief that this partnership will help take Williams F1 from strength to strength.”

Toto Wolff, said: “It’s a great honour for me to be assisting and supporting Sir Frank in his role as Team Principal at Williams. I have been a shareholder in the business since 2009 and I am really looking forward to being able to take my responsibilities to a new level. I know that together we will work tirelessly to make the Group and team as successful as it can be.”

http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/2207
I wonder if Sir Frank is considering him as a potential replacement for himself.

I guess Susie Wolff will benefit some more. :roll:

SchumiSutil

Maldonado reach the first line once again, it's such an injustice that Bruno Senna is able to drive such a good car...

marcush.

Barrichello will kick himself every day ..that was a golden opportunity to be top three in the overall standings.

scuderiafan

SchumiSutil wrote:Maldonado reach the first line once again, it's such an injustice that Bruno Senna is able to drive such a good car...
:?: Senna consistently finishes ahead of Maldonado in the race, where it counts. In fact, I'm willing to say the only reason Maldonado won the race in Spain was because there was nobody in front of him to run into.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

stefan_

Chavez apparently won the elections in Venezuela, so I think we are going to see Maldonado staying at Williams in the next year minimum.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

SeijaKessen

Probably a good thing for Williams, as seeing if they lost Maldonado's PDVSA money, I'm not sure how long the team would survive in F1 without a marquee sponsor. Those days seem to be gone for Williams.

SeijaKessen

marcush. wrote:Barrichello will kick himself every day ..that was a golden opportunity to be top three in the overall standings.
Well, it wasn't like Rubens had much of a choice in the whole matter.

He couldn't match the money Senna had from his backers. If he had, I'm sure he still would be on the grid in F1 as opposed to taking part in that joke known as IRL.

FW17

iWITNESS: Race day for a team’s third driver isn’t thrilling. The rules stipulate that you can’t replace a race driver after qualifying, so even if Bruno or Pastor slipped over in the shower on Saturday night, Valtteri Bottas, our third driver, would have to remain on the pitwall. All that’s left for him on race day is a bunch of meetings, PR work and media interviews. Perhaps Valtteri was venting some frustration after the race today when he went and ran the track in an incredible 19m53s, which was only 12 times slower than Pastor’s fastest lap in qualifying!
:?: :?: :?:

SeijaKessen

Senna confident he can still save his seat at Williams for 2013

Bruno Senna believes it is still not too late to save his Williams seat to drive alongside Pastor Maldonado in 2013.

The 29-year old Brazilian is under pressure to keep his drive, with speculation mounting that he will be replaced by the team's reserve driver Valtteri Bottas next year.

But Senna reckons he still has a chance if he manages to make himself "indispensable" in the last four races of the season.

"If you start dwelling over not being sorted for the following year then you start putting too much pressure on your driving and then things don't flow so well," said Senna when asked what he needed to achieve by AUTOSPORT.

"For me the focus is to make sure I make myself indispensable and race as well as I can.

"It's not about [improving] one thing or a [one-off] result," he added. "It's always lots of things.

"If you take any doubts that the team has about you away, so instead of having one good result here and another there, but instead put these performances together then these guys think; 'Okay, it just takes a few factors together for it to happen'."

Senna has been vocal about his loss of running time on Fridays, with Bottas having driven his car in 12 Friday practice sessions this year, and admitted that it had hurt him in race weekends more than he'd expected.

"I never expected it to be so tough without the first session because until it happens to you, you don't really understand how much it causes trouble," he said.

"But for sure it's not like I had much choice. I had to take that, driving for Williams was a good bet for me and I took that risk.

"For sure nowadays I have a different perspective on giving away basically all my Fridays for the year to someone else because if you have one little problem after that, that's it pretty much, it's the weekend over."

Senna added that this year, with car performance being so close, even subtle track evolution understanding can be critical.

"It is difficult to jump into a session where the track has moved already and try to understand what direction the track is moving in, in terms of car balance, speed in each corner, where the track is rubbering in and therefore how you develop the car set-up," he explained.

"Sometimes we found ourselves in FP3 with a very good performance, but then the track changed a little bit for qualifying and the people with more mileage just knew that was going to happen on the track in qualifying, so they did a little tweak in the set-up to compensate."

Senna indicated that he had spoken to Williams about this and has made it clear that he would not want a similar situation in 2013.

"For sure this has been an ongoing subject throughout the year between myself and the team regarding missing so many Fridays," he said. "They really understand that it has put a big dent on my performance for some of the weekends. The teams knows how well I have been doing in the races."

Senna is only seven points behind Spanish Grand Prix winner Maldonado in the championship, and said that a key objective is to finish ahead of the Venezuelan in the standings.

"For sure if you score more points than the other guy then it becomes very difficult for the team to start thinking about someone else, but Formula 1 is Formula 1 and lots of things can happen.

"But there are still four races to go, lot's more points on the table and hopefully we can get very near him, or in front."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103513

SeijaKessen

Everyone expects Bottas to have the 2nd seat for 2013, but I still would find it hard to believe that Bottas would be allowed to just skip GP2. He hasn't raced at all this season, and I don't think that is a good thing since he is an inexperienced driver.

That said, I don't know what Williams financial situation is, so perhaps they may double down on money to try and put themselves in the best possible situation for 2014 when the new regulations are supposed to kick in.

But at the same time, would Senna really be the best choice for Williams in 2013? I'm not high on him because of his inability to do much in qualifying. But when you look at the overall race results, outside of Barcelona, it's not as if Maldonado has done that much better than Senna in races. Plenty of races saw Bruno doing better, so who really knows.

He is claiming he will have a better understanding of the tires in 2013 since Pirelli is changing the operating windows to avoid what happened at the beginning of the season. I fail to see how anyone can make that claim without having experienced the 2013 tires. It strikes me as more posturing to try to save his seat.

Also while it is a given he needs to perform at India, Abu Dhabi, USA, and Brazil, he was P12, P16, and P17 at those races in 2011 (minus USA). He's going to need to score points at 3 out of 4 races if you ask me. That's also going to be contingent on how the FW34 is running. Korea was a disaster for them.

PlatinumZealot

Did Michael Johnson improve Williams' Pit stops?

From a technical standpoint, did Michael Johnson performance help Williams improve their pit-stops this year?
I saw the other Michael, good ole' knobbly elbowed Sam Micahel, noticeable improve Mclaren's though!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏