Williams 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
joseff

Re: Williams 2012

Happy birthday Frank :)

joseff

And I disagree with those saying it's just a tyre lottery. The tyres are the same for everyone. He won in the dry, without SC, managing his tyres well, while holding off Fernando Alonso. It doesn't get more proper than that.

theblackangus

Congratulations Williams and happy birthday Sir Frank!
Thank you all for the hard work this is a wonderful present to all of us supporters!
Fantastic drive from Pastor, truly the drive of a champion. I think pastor has now moved from pay driver to a driver who helps finance the team =)
Now keep it up and WDC/WCC!

Cheers!

FW17

[-o<
awesome PM

zoro_f1

zoro_f1 wrote:here are some interesting fact's about williams - renault partnership. i want to take a close look on one in the bottom :!:

and now do you see my point!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
- 5 races before the return of Williams-Renault victory
raymondu999 wrote:Your point? Just because a team + engine did that in the past - doesn't mean it will happen again. The engines are different. The regs are different. The team is different. The team's standing in the sport is now different (in terms of pecking order.)
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

joseff

I really can't help thinking what Rubens could've done in the other car. I'm sure quite a few here share that feeling.

Echo

He had a good car, thats all. Maldonado is probably going not do anything more sensational
Rich teams should only be allowed to win

Sjamaan

People just don't learn... They keep peeing against the wind even when the are proven wrong no more than half an hour ago.

Maldonado likes Monaco a lot and had won there before, just sayin'...

PlatinumZealot

South American drivers seem to be good for Williams. Very good job by Maldonado. I always said he was the best of the 2011 rookies.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Miguel

Congratulations, Sir Frank!
Sjamaan wrote:People just don't learn... They keep peeing against the wind even when the are proven wrong no more than half an hour ago.

Maldonado likes Monaco a lot and had won there before, just sayin'...
Wasn't Maldonado beating Rubens last year before the collision with Hamilton? He also beat Rubens in Singapore. The Williams didn't look that strong in Bahrain, but it was hot in Melbourne. I'll tell you something: he's on my fantasy league, and I won't be changing him for Monaco (and not because of today).

On the other hand, I can't help but think that the Williams is a really good car, level with Lotus, that's not being done quite justice by the drivers. I'm certainly unconviced by Bruno. He's a nice chap, but I'd rather have Hulkenberg there.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

donskar

Great to see Williams among the front rank once again. I hope they have the resources to remain competitive. Senna isn't adding much.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

SeijaKessen

I'll be quite honest, I was hoping to see Bruno do really well this season, and really wanted to see him do well.

But, he has an awful qualifying pace...even his race pace is average. The only time he looked good was in the rain at Malaysia. Pastor seems to be able to lower his times when needed, Bruno never gives off that impression. At this point, I would really like to see Bottas drive in his place for a few races. He can't do any worse than Bruno.

SeijaKessen

No chance Bruno is even on the grid next year IMO unless it is on one of the backmarkers.

Williams is shaping up to be Maldonado and Bottas for 2013.

N12ck

Williams garage up in flames!! :cry: hope everyone is fine!
Budding F1 Engineer

ESPImperium

This will be good for the team, it will posibly bring some more sponsorship to the team. I wonder how two or three of the sponsors that left them now feel, but then again they wont care i suppose.

I am hoping that this will bring more success to the team, it will just focus the guys minds that little extra 10% and also give the drivers that belif now. Maldanado is a beat at Monaco, Senna isnt that bad there also.

Maldanado is now coming into the sport as last year he had a satisfactory at best season. Now he is starting to show that he has some speed and what it takes. Senna needs to make best use of the car when he has it as he looses it for 15 FP1 sessions this year to Bottas. This could make it more difficult for him, but so far its arguable that loosing the car for 20 laps is costing him. In Malasia and China Senna made the best of it, Bahrain and now Spain is making it look as if loosing the car is working against him.

Senna needs to maximise what he has been givem for every race weekend.

So far they are doing well, however they now need to win at least one other.