Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pup
Pup

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

And Button says the upgrades worked as planned...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97826

8)

Pup
Pup

We're just joking. There's no mirror on the nose.

Or is there? :wink:

the EDGE
the EDGE

Pup wrote:That mirror on the nose is for Hamilton. :P
funny that...I thought it was there for the theory that if Massa saw a Ferrari in the reflection he'd assume it was Alonso and move over, still I guess the only time a Mclaren will come up behind a Ferrari this year is when it is lapping it, so it won't have a choice in moving or not

Pup
Pup

Oh, he'll have the choice. :wink:

the frog
the frog

beelsebob wrote:
Pup wrote:She's a beauty.
Yep, McLaren absolutely 100% take the most beautiful car prize for the year.
yes.... and i think this classic and clear outline will be able to make a part of the diference with others top teams
(i'm sorry if you don't understand me easely cause i'm french !)

astracrazy
astracrazy

regarding that, but slightly off topic so sorry. How does that agreement work? Because Vodafone were on it? Were Vodafone on it to fill a gap but weren't paying or what?
Last edited by Richard on 14 Apr 2012, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: From Mp4-27 thread

Princey

astracrazy wrote:regarding that, but slightly off topic so sorry. How does that agreement work? Because Vodafone were on it? Were Vodafone on it to fill a gap but weren't paying or what?

I think that Lucozade on the side of the wing took the Johnnie Walker spot maybe?
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Princey wrote:
astracrazy wrote:regarding that, but slightly off topic so sorry. How does that agreement work? Because Vodafone were on it? Were Vodafone on it to fill a gap but weren't paying or what?

I think that Lucozade on the side of the wing took the Johnnie Walker spot maybe?
I'm on about the rear wind main planes. On launch was Vodafone and always before was Vodafone. But since the season started its Lucazade. So how does that work in terms of the sponsorship agreement Vodafone has?

chepoi
chepoi

astracrazy wrote:
Princey wrote:

I'm on about the rear wind main planes. On launch was Vodafone and always before was Vodafone. But since the season started its Lucazade. So how does that work in terms of the sponsorship agreement Vodafone has?
you get the place when you pay more... simple as that. if vodafone want that place they have to put more and that is how f1 racing team make money...

Princey

astracrazy wrote:
Princey wrote:

Sorry I thought you meant the side, I guess as Vodafone is overall sponsor they just filled the gap with their brand until Lucozade stepped in and specifically paid for that place.
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

astracrazy
astracrazy

chepoi wrote: you get the place when you pay more... simple as that. if vodafone want that place they have to put more and that is how f1 racing team make money...
That was what i was asking. If in Vodafones sponsorhip deal had they paid for that or were they just branded there until they got somebody to pay for the spot.

elFranZ

I'm reading on twitter that Hamilton and Button won't take part to Mugello tests in May, can anyone confirm?

raymondu999

Re: Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

Aye. It will be Oliver Turvey and Gary Paffett
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

sunny1304
sunny1304

what the crew did ?? problem was with the wheelnut...

foxivan
foxivan

silly mistakes and misfortunes ruined both drivers' race. if it was down to the wheel nut on Lewis's car, why didn't they replace after the 1st stop? really curious.