Lotus F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RB7ate9

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2012

I was really impressed with Kimi and Lotus this year. I hope they can build off of the solid car that they have and do really well for 2013. I'll be rooting for them next year.

munudeges

Well, they certainly have some developments in the pipeline that we've seen briefly that should give them a boost next year. Their biggest mistake this year was not getting their exhaust system on the car far sooner.

ParanoiD

Is Robert Kubica possible ?

The testing will be in Feb (about 3 months to go) and first race will be in March, even more time.

He is now winning rallies already, could he recover and be fit enough by the time the winter testing start?
Ay Carumba!

foxmulder_ms

ParanoiD wrote:Is Robert Kubica possible ?

The testing will be in Feb (about 3 months to go) and first race will be in March, even more time.

He is now winning rallies already, could he recover and be fit enough by the time the winter testing start?

He cannot drive open cockpit cars, so, no.

RB7ate9

munudeges wrote:Well, they certainly have some developments in the pipeline that we've seen briefly that should give them a boost next year. Their biggest mistake this year was not getting their exhaust system on the car far sooner.
With the exhaust regs the same, it should be studied closely. The DRD better be allowed (rather than unceremoniously deemed illegal months before the start of the season).

Kiril Varbanov

A bit of off-season fun, typical stuff for Iceman:

korzeniow

munudeges wrote:Well, they certainly have some developments in the pipeline that we've seen briefly that should give them a boost next year. Their biggest mistake this year was not getting their exhaust system on the car far sooner.
What developments do you have in mind?
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

ParanoiD

foxmulder_ms wrote:

What stop him from driving open cockpit cars?

Kov or Senna is good too. Cant wait for the announcement.
Ay Carumba!

stefan_

He can't drive single-seaters because the space is much tighter than in a rally car and I presume that his hand doesn't allow him the moves that he has to do in a cockpit.

I wouldn't get so hyped up about the driver announcement, because it is very possible that Grosjean will retain his seat.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Nando

Yea for now his movement is a bit limited,
I´ve put my own time stamp on him, if he´s not on the grid in Australia 2014 i don´t think he ever will be.
He´s got one more year of trying to get the arm back in shape, possibly a surgery to enable more movement.
It´s gonna be tough, if he makes it, it will be one hell of a cinderella story.

I love Kubica, possibly more then Hamilton. He´s just a machine that guy.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Neno

ParanoiD wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:

What stop him from driving open cockpit cars?

Kov or Senna is good too. Cant wait for the announcement.

the ---, this team already had both of them, did they were good? no, average yes. we dont need some other teams leftovers, if they were no good for caterham and williams they would be good for lotus? :roll: only person who i want is kobayashi, he did lose a job in sauber but he did hell'va job in sauber, for me he needed go in mclaren not perez, and yet he loosed both seats for some shitty mexican money.

MarkedOne8

To be honest, this team does not need anything than pay-to-drive driver.They have Kimi.They need pay-to-driver driver who is not going to crash that much like Grosjean.More money from Grosjean, or the other driver with more money.I don't have anything againts Heiki, but he has almost no sponsors.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

MarkedOne8

They are waiting too much.It looks like they are waiting with annoucement of second driver because they are seeking for someone else.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

korzeniow

MarkedOne8 wrote:To be honest, this team does not need anything than pay-to-drive driver.They have Kimi.They need pay-to-driver driver who is not going to crash that much like Grosjean.More money from Grosjean, or the other driver with more money.I don't have anything againts Heiki, but he has almost no sponsors.
The thing is the team don't know how long they will be able to keep Kimi.

We all could see how Kimi played mind games with the team this season despite the fact he had two years deal with them (it was performance clause but still the team fulfill it). He was even talking that Ferrari could be a good option.

Whereas Grosjean is long term project. He undeniably has the speed. They can shool him and try to shape him into top driver.

Kovalainen is dead end. He brings nothing: no speed, no money, no sponsors. And it doesn't look it would change in the future.
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Neno

MarkedOne8 wrote:They are waiting too much.It looks like they are waiting with annoucement of second driver because they are seeking for someone else.
They waiting too much because Lotus F1 Team is on selling. Genii Capital want to sell team for about 100 millions euros (including financial debts).
Probably after new owner of team is decided, they will bring annoucment for second driver. Contract with Coca-Cola, and
4th place in constructiors will bring about 60 million euros and this mean good financial background for pay employess. This means someone can buy this team for only 40 millions euros.
Also for second seat, person who will drive next season will probably pay his seat. Grosjean paying his seat 30 millions from Total, Lopez want more money from Total (because of his consistantly poor performances, losing crucial point) or find driver who will bring every race about 6 points (on market are Kovalinen and Kobayashi). I dont see any other driver free on market.