CaterhamF1 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Intego

Re: CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

Was announced today. The second seat is likely to be given to Giedo van der Garde. Kovalainen is out of the race for sure.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

wesley123

Intego wrote:Was announced today. The second seat is likely to be given to Giedo van der Garde. Kovalainen is out of the race for sure.
As from someone with the same nationality as Giedo I definitely hope that is not the case, he's a crappy driver, better keep Petrov
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

CHT
CHT

Re: CaterhamF1 2012

raymondu999 wrote:By the sound of it, it looks like they're transplanting the chassis - rather than carrying the design forward :shock:
Caterham will be struggling next year if they are unable to get a well funded driver to drive for them next year. Losing 10th place to Marussia is a double whammy to Tony. While Caterha have a budget cut for next year, Marussia will get at $40m boost in development and they will also be running Kers next year. Also with HRT exit, Caterham would risk becoming the back marker for 2013.

Actually the first sign of problem is when they shift Mike G out of their F1 operation to concentrate of ROAD CAR? what new car has Caterham launch or developed since? And now with the Renault "partnership" Caterham is hinting they are getting into supercar or hypercar business to compete with the big boys... :lol:

Tony is successful businessmen, but he simply doesnt have the kind of resources to run a successful F1 team or to make a dent in the road car market.

I think it was really a blessing in disguise that Lotus and Tony decided to go separate ways, or else the name Lotus might really be tarnished by Tony's empty promises.

Huntresa

Petrov is making a deal with Williams.

CHT
CHT

Forza wrote:
MyCaterhamF1 wrote:Charles Pic confirmed as Caterham F1 Team race driver on a multi-year deal: http://is.gd/Tg9rtZ
pic make it sound like he has a stake in the team now..

"I'm looking forward to many seasons of successful racing co-operation".

Joie de vivre

I really see no point in doing new chasis for next year. Obviously it seems they don't won't to spend money on 2013 and focus on 2014. Even if they developed entirely new chasis they won't be faster than toro rosso etc.

TzeiTzei

Huntresa wrote:Petrov is making a deal with Williams.
Maldonado + Bottas + Petrov = 2? Or is it a reserve role?

CHT
CHT

Venezuela + Russia

Frank is going to be drown in oil money

Huntresa

TzeiTzei wrote:
If you didnt know but no one is safe in F1, there are no contracts that cant be broken or sold or traded etc etc etc etc

Absolutelee

CHT wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:By the sound of it, it looks like they're transplanting the chassis - rather than carrying the design forward :shock:
Caterham will be struggling next year if they are unable to get a well funded driver to drive for them next year. Losing 10th place to Marussia is a double whammy to Tony. While Caterha have a budget cut for next year, Marussia will get at $40m boost in development and they will also be running Kers next year. Also with HRT exit, Caterham would risk becoming the back marker for 2013.
Doesn't Marussia need to finish 10th twice to get the prize money?

banibhusan

Absolutelee wrote: Doesn't Marussia need to finish 10th twice to get the prize money?
Sorry I dint get your post earlier. Now that I have, I'll correct my reply.

Well that's applicable only for the column 1 of category B fund. The column 1 fund is divided between the top 10 teams equally, which means everyone gets 10% of the total column 1 fund, which is 50% of the total category B fund. But for this the team must have finished in the top 10 twice in the past 3 years. Since Marussia hasn't it won't be eligible for this prize money.

But they'll be eligible for the column 2 of category B prize money fund, which amounts to 4% of the total column 2 prize money fund. As per 2011 figures this came around approx. $12.4m. So with an estimate growth of 5% every year (based on autosport reports), we can assume that this figure in 2012 will be approx $13.02m.

On the other hand Caterham, who got the column 1 prize money of an estimated $31m (again from autosport reports), will lose that money this year along with the column 2 prize money of approx $13m, totaling to approx $46m.
Last edited by banibhusan on 23 Nov 2012, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

Huntresa

Absolutelee wrote:
CHT wrote:
Doesn't Marussia need to finish 10th twice to get the prize money?

They will get more money if they finish 10th again next year, but they will still get a nice 4% share of the prize money for finishing 10th this year compared to 11th or 12th which is at 0% of the prize money. I think its the Category 1 payment in this article that reqs you to finish top ten for 2 years or more to recieve it. http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/05144

TzeiTzei

Huntresa wrote:
TzeiTzei wrote:
If you didnt know but no one is safe in F1, there are no contracts that cant be broken or sold or traded etc etc etc etc
Oh you dont have to teach me. But i just wonder why would they take Petrov? He doesnt have sponsors anymore. IMO they dont need him.

KATO

Maldonado is safe we know that he's their strongest driver. But here's the deal they want to take a bet on Bottas soon probably this season as he is a talented driver.... Do they really need 2 pay drivers?? They have Senna if they want 2 pay drivers personally I think of all the PAY drivers Maldonado and Senna are the best.. But do you want two?? Nope which is why I see them taking Bottas or keeping Senna.. But Petrov a PAY driver who can't even keep his seat at Caterham.... He's like Kobayashi only Kamui has talent both have no sponsors that's their only similarity.. Caterham should get Bruno Senna he has sponsors and talent-!!
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Absolutelee

Ahhhhhh yes. Forgot about column 2