Sahara Force India 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
czt
czt

Re: Force India VJM05

multisync wrote: I was congratulating him based on what I know 'v' what he posted.Based on that, I personally consider this to be pretty darn close to the current thinking
I wasn't really picking up on your post, or the info in this thread in general. It just happened to be the comment that motivated me to post!

ESPImperium: I think your posting style just winds me up, lots of clear facts and figures but no evidence to back them up - if everything you state is true then you seem to know more about each team than they probably know about themselves! :D

multisync

raymondu999 wrote:Do they really use McLarens? I know they were using Aerolab until 2010.
My understanding is there is no modelling work done at the factory. All the models are made down the wind tunnel

Nor -again from what I know- do they use Mclaren's WT :they rent one in Italy

Polarbear

multisync wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Do they really use McLarens? I know they were using Aerolab until 2010.
My understanding is there is no modelling work done at the factory. All the models are made down the wind tunnel

Are you sure Multi?

I thought they used the second tunnel at MGP, just down the road in Brackley?

multisync

Polarbear wrote:
multisync wrote:

Are you sure Multi?

I thought they used the second tunnel at MGP, just down the road in Brackley?
No I am not sure sure but a recent conversation I had with someone they mentioned the Brackley WT and that they used a WT in Italy to take the excess. Of course we chat about many many things (10% F1 & FI) so I could be mistaken...The MGP one would make sense at it's just the other end of the high street so it could well be true. I do know they are 24/7 WT testing atm

They have just had a CFD computer cabinet put in at the factory which seems strange as it was muted for the WT last year.(as the lasers went over the road as previously mentioned a spare room was available)

One thing you can always rely on with FI. The first plan of action is seldom the final one for any given event!

But it's all good and whilst a certain blogger is eagerly awaiting their demise -or at least VJ's- there is a buzz now and it's all positive.

I can't see 3rd but you gotta try and who know's what 3rd Feb may bring?

czt
czt

multisync wrote:
They have just had a CFD computer cabinet put in at the factory which seems strange as it was muted for the WT last year.
You can't read anything into that - the physical computer can be located anywhere (hence all the cloud based services we have now)

FI have been using CRL in India for the past few years for number crunching so nothing unusual there.

multisync

czt wrote:
multisync wrote:
They have just had a CFD computer cabinet put in at the factory which seems strange as it was muted for the WT last year.
You can't read anything into that - the physical computer can be located anywhere (hence all the cloud based services we have now)

FI have been using CRL in India for the past few years for number crunching so nothing unusual there.

I guess it was more of logistics v logic . They have a nice clean room freely avialable by the WT and it ends up being crammed into the already overloaded server room..

jordangp

Any news on what time they will launch tomorrow?

Crucial_Xtreme

jordangp wrote:Any news on what time they will launch tomorrow?
9am GMT.

Gridlock

Any point in wandering up to Silverstone as a mere punter/bored fan with the day off work? Would they let me stand anywhere I could watch a corner or 2 or will it all be PRESS ONLY and then secrecy for the shakedown?

jordangp

Cheers Jason, couldn't find time on their site

multisync

Gridlock wrote:Any point in wandering up to Silverstone as a mere punter/bored fan with the day off work? Would they let me stand anywhere I could watch a corner or 2 or will it all be PRESS ONLY and then secrecy for the shakedown?

Could be worth a shot but I was told it was very tight security wise..Look out for the air intake section above drivers head. Quite different to any of the others thus far..

medeni73

Live Streaming presentation of new car...

http://www.livestream.com/forceindiaf1? ... ooterlinks

multisync

Does anyone know what Dominic Harlow is up to these days?

Sawtooth-spike

seems their web streaming is over subscribed
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

bhall

(Oops. Thought I was somewhere else.)