Sahara Force India 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
multisync
multisync

Re: Force India VJM05

Sawtooth-spike wrote:seems their web streaming is over subscribed
Poor form for not ensuring they had sufficient bandwidth available..

Shakeman

pic.twitter.com/dH3hiGYk

A13EX_f
A13EX_f

sky sports news also streaming it on sky go.
it's even worse looking than the caterahm.

Tyler
Tyler

wesley123 wrote:Your eyes are playing tricks, due to that it doesnt downslope and the huge undercut it seems to be fat, but it actually is pretty tight.
Definitely - that angle is very deceptive.
I also thought the same when I saw some of the launch pics but if you look at it from different angles you begin to see that it's actually pretty darn tight.
The sidepod intakes are also very small

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

I think SFI has a good chance at 4th or 5th place in the WCC this year. They're looking good.

MIKEY_!

Agree.

Raptor22
Raptor22

based on what?

raymondu999

Far too early to say. In isolation nothing can be deemed "good." We will need to see the relative merits of the other cars.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MIKEY_!

Yes. Based on what the car looks like (which is of course all we have to go on) I think they can get 4th or 5th. And really that's not much change over last year.

Raptor22
Raptor22

Its a good looking car no doubt, I like it.
Tell you what, why not compare interesting features of this car vs the cars you think would be its major competition. By tomorrow afternoon we will have seen all bar the Mercedes W03 and HRT.

I am thnking STR, Caterham, Lotus and FI are going to be fighting in the same league.
I have a suspicion that Ferrari may be joining them (there are significant risk in the design) since last year Ferar sowed some pretty ordinary pace under certain conditons.

Mercedes
Ferrari
FI
Lotus
STR
Caterham.

These 6 or of most interest since they could all potentially take a step up and compete for race wins.
Ferrari is most likely to but they also run the risk of having a complete dog of a car if looks are an indicator.

MIKEY_!

Maybe we start a comparison of 2012 cars thread.

beelsebob
beelsebob

MIKEY_! wrote:Yes. Based on what the car looks like (which is of course all we have to go on) I think they can get 4th or 5th. And really that's not much change over last year.
Just a quick reminder though – most people were saying the same about Williams last year.

MIKEY_!

beelsebob wrote:
MIKEY_! wrote:Yes. Based on what the car looks like (which is of course all we have to go on) I think they can get 4th or 5th. And really that's not much change over last year.
Just a quick reminder though – most people were saying the same about Williams last year.
True, but not me. OK now I'm just being arrogant :lol:

ringo

This car looks too 2011 to me on a design detail level. I don't think it will be great.
Only seems better than the caterham. It's late to the party on a lot of features.
They are still playing catch up; nothing forward thinking on the car.
For Sure!!

Tamburello
Tamburello

ringo wrote:This car looks too 2011 to me on a design detail level. I don't think it will be great.
Only seems better than the caterham. It's late to the party on a lot of features.
They are still playing catch up; nothing forward thinking on the car.
That's a bit harsh. They at times had the fourth quickest car towards the end of last season so I don't think they were catching up with last years paradigm.