Sahara Force India 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
beelsebob

Re: Force India VJM05

ringo wrote:This car looks too 2011 to me on a design detail level. I don't think it will be great.
Only seems better than the caterham. It's late to the party on a lot of features.
They are still playing catch up; nothing forward thinking on the car.
Playing catchup? You did see that they were pretty much the fastest of the mid field last year? Unless you mean that they're now one of the top group and are playing catchup to McLaren, Ferrari and RBR?

raymondu999

Towards the end of the season they were around Mercedes' level of performance, climaxing in Sutil vs Rosberg at Brazil.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RB7ate9

I said it before and I'll say it again, I am enamored with the FI car this year and have high hopes for it!

MIKEY_!

+1!!

Hail22

11:26 Hulkenberg flies to the top of the times with a 1m22.608s

Very impressive this kid has fuel in his veins, hopefully the Force is with him too ;)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

wesley123

Also shows how much time went in the internal aerodynamics.

This could be a increible year for FI, their car just seems like the RB5 was, the team had thought of everything. And they have thought of everything with this car. These guys can really go for a few wins this year
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Owen.C93

wesley123 wrote:Also shows how much time went in the internal aerodynamics.

This could be a increible year for FI, their car just seems like the RB5 was, the team had thought of everything. And they have thought of everything with this car. These guys can really go for a few wins this year
It's no use thinking of everything if you do it wrong anyway.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

wesley123

Owen.C93 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:Also shows how much time went in the internal aerodynamics.

It's no use thinking of everything if you do it wrong anyway.
True, but looking at the car, they just seem to have done everything right this year. Also the performance is really good in wintertesting.

And for those saying 'they just run light and underweight', well why should they run underweight? Teams tend to do that to attract sponsors, well the Sahara investment gives them more than enough money plus there isnt much space left, so no reason for them at all to do so.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

dren

The same could be said for Williams, who certainly isn't a top team. I don't think the FI is a winner. It may be better than last year, but I expect TR to be ahead of them at the start of the season.

Plus, I don't see how this team thought of everything. It looks interesting, but the Sauber looks better aerodynamically.
Honda!

PlatinumZealot

dren wrote:The same could be said for Williams, who certainly isn't a top team. I don't think the FI is a winner. It may be better than last year, but I expect TR to be ahead of them at the start of the season.

Plus, I don't see how this team thought of everything. It looks interesting, but the Sauber looks better aerodynamically.
I bet it is better than Mercedez for at least half the time though..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dren

n smikle wrote:
dren wrote:The same could be said for Williams, who certainly isn't a top team. I don't think the FI is a winner. It may be better than last year, but I expect TR to be ahead of them at the start of the season.

I bet it is better than Mercedez for at least half the time though..
It might be, it was getting close last year. I just don't see the ingeniousness of the FI as you guys do. I do see it with the Sauber and a lesser extent TR.
Honda!

Mr.S

I dont see anything positive about Sauber,its a generic machine like they prepare every year. Maybe Torro Rosso.

I have high hopes that Force India will beat Lotus & fight with Mclaren & Ferrari this year.

Mr Alcatraz

Sauber has a very dedicated Swiss team. To change the subject slightly, I have Grojean, and Vergne for drivers, then the Ferrari lump and Red Bull Chassis in FGP. That makes for interesting bedfellows.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

PlatinumZealot

This car is gonna be quick if the Australia upgrade is on par with top teams.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pierce89

n smikle wrote:This car is gonna be quick if the Australia upgrade is on par with top teams.
I think this car COULD have on honest shot at Merc.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher