Who really is in charge of Red Bull Racing

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Richard

Re: Who really is in charge of Red Bull Racing

Lets not end up with another thread filled with Vettel yin-yang.

The topic is about Marko's role in RB.

xpensive

richard_leeds wrote: ...
Its no different to the Mercedes relationship between Brackley and Stuttgart, except a large corporate firm like Merc know how to run these things smoothly with defined governance and authorities. In contrast, self made entrepreneurs tend to be a bit more dictatorial, it's their money and they'll do what they like with it.
For us with xperience of working with Austrians, the Wienese in particular, nothing said about Marko or Matescitz is surprising.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.

look as far as MErcedesGrand Prix and Lauda +Wolff ...
the real surprise here is it seems to work quite well in real world but one wonders how hard times are for those who feature as Principal but fac a constant "his masters voice" scenario of overruled decisions and public statements not aligned with those who officially are in charge ..
Horner more than once got a surprise package -Brawn starts to have enough of this at Merc -i doubt he would go to williams -only to again have wolff in the background pulling the strings....

horner does a brilliant job considering these difficulties-let´s se how ricciardo fares ...he might soon face the axe.

Jonnycraig

marcush. wrote:let´s se how ricciardo fares ...he might soon face the axe.
If there's any truth in Total transferring over to Red Bull, it's safe to say Vergne will take Ricciardos seat in 15.

raymondu999

richard_leeds wrote:self made entrepreneurs tend to be a bit more dictatorial
dictatorial sounds harsh. Let's use "strong-willed" instead :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:I think the main difference is Ferrari just don´t care about the public. Doing obvious team orders when it´s illegal, break a seal of the gearbox to move up Alonso, and for Red Bull it´s tell one guy to turn down the engine and say multi 21 then let the other person get on it.
Or put him on an extra stop for no reason at all like Suzuka.

It´s a good strategy though if you want to win in the safest manner possible.
Agree, the only difference is some teams try to cover their decisions, while other do it publicly. Red Bull has always stated they don´t provide team order, they try to show they let their drivers fight each other, and they usually do it.... until they need to secure the points, like any other team.

But their supremacy has been so obvious they have rarely need it.

Problem is most people don´t like/accept team orders, and when you talk about this, vettel/red bull fans usually take it as an insult or something to scorn their success. It´s normal, some years ago it was the same with Schumy/Ferrari fans, when you win you don´t want people saying you win because your tools are better than the rest...

But TO´s are pretty standard on most motorsports for obvious reasons, you can´t ask a team to let one of his drivers go against his own team interests, it´d be stupid

IMHO both Red Bull and McLaren think it´s better for them to hide these decisions as much as they can, because most people hate TOs so they know if they publicly show they don´t provide TOs that will increase their fan´s number, wich finally means more $$$

Personally I don´t like TO, but I understand they will always exist as they do in MotoGP, WRC, Dakar.... About some teams providing TOs publicly and some others covering them, I understand both positions, don´t like any sort of covering, but since most people hate TOs I understand it could be the best for the team, to increase the fans number and also the incoming

So I can´t seriously criticize Red Bull´s administration, I´d prefer if they´re more straightforward, but I perfectly understand it. Actually I´m not even sure if that´s the best attitude....