Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stefan_

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

McLaren ‏@TheFifthDriver
FIRST PIC! Sergio Pérez at the MTC in official Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team kit
McLaren ‏@TheFifthDriver
Checo arrives at the MTC in a stunning MP4-12C with the world’s media waiting.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob

Oh dear, shirt untucked, Ron's gonna give him a bollocking.

FW17

beelsebob wrote:Oh dear, shirt untucked, Ron's gonna give him a bollocking.
It did happen
James Allen
Perez had an early lesson on life at McLaren when he was told to tuck his shirt in, but he says that he has already appreciated how special the feeling within the team is,

“From the outside it looks as if it might be a very cold team – very strict and very cold – but when I came here I was surprised at what a great family it is, ” he said. “I have to respond to the trust they put in me.’

FW17

beelsebob wrote:Oh dear, shirt untucked, Ron's gonna give him a bollocking.
It did happen
James Allen
Perez had an early lesson on life at McLaren when he was told to tuck his shirt in, but he says that he has already appreciated how special the feeling within the team is,

“From the outside it looks as if it might be a very cold team – very strict and very cold – but when I came here I was surprised at what a great family it is, ” he said. “I have to respond to the trust they put in me.’

Neno

No wonder Kimi left this team,this also applies to Hamilton :roll:

astracrazy

makes you laugh

one minute theirs pictures of Whitmarsh with Sergio's shirt un-tucked (against the Mclaren way) then someone else has to tell him to tuck his shirt in (most likely Ron)

its only small but clearly Ron and Martin don't quiet read off the same page otherwise Whitmarsh would of had him tuck in before his pictures.

I've always had this feeling though Martin wants to move slightly away from this strict Mclaren way

Mika1

Oh McLaren :lol:. Attention to details is positive, but this is overreacting.
The boss follows me on twitter.

FW17

astracrazy wrote:makes you laugh

one minute theirs pictures of Whitmarsh with Sergio's shirt un-tucked (against the Mclaren way) then someone else has to tell him to tuck his shirt in (most likely Ron)

its only small but clearly Ron and Martin don't quiet read off the same page otherwise Whitmarsh would of had him tuck in before his pictures.

I've always had this feeling though Martin wants to move slightly away from this strict Mclaren way
Did Ron even welcome Sergio on that day? Certainly have not seen anything from Ron about Sergio since his signing (May be mistaken), but still Sergio can already feel the cold air at Woking.

Holm86

Well thats whats make McLaren what it is. It gives this team their personality. Perhaps they are a bit cold and to much attention to detail. Its the same with Ferrari and their arrogance etc.

astracrazy

WilliamsF1 wrote: Did Ron even welcome Sergio on that day? Certainly have not seen anything from Ron about Sergio since his signing (May be mistaken), but still Sergio can already feel the cold air at Woking.
I'm not sure, im just assuming it was him as his the only person above Martin (i assume). Martin obviously didn't tell him to do it.

He'll be having a haircut next.....i'm not joking
Holm86 wrote:Well thats whats make McLaren what it is. It gives this team their personality. Perhaps they are a bit cold and to much attention to detail. Its the same with Ferrari and their arrogance etc.
Of course it does. But its obvious that down the years Ron's way caused a few world champions to move on

Holm86

Ron is not that involved in the F1 business anymore. And i dont believe many champions have left just because of him.

Kimi left because he never had a reliable car at McLaren.

Alonso left because of he was a prima donna.

Hamilton left to seek new challenges.

Touristas

astracrazy wrote:
He'll be having a haircut next.....i'm not joking
He could shave/wax his hands also :)

That alone could be worth 0.001 seconds

FW17

Holm86 wrote:Ron is not that involved in the F1 business anymore. And i dont believe many champions have left just because of him.

Kimi left because he never had a reliable car at McLaren.

Alonso left because of he was a prima donna.

Hamilton left to seek new challenges.
It does not matter if Ron is doing the every day management, it is the way he has set Mclaren to run and as chief of the group how he wants everything done. I have nothing against it and I think they are awesome, probably the way I would like to run something.

But the issue with Mclaren is that they expect you to live that life outside the company too, giving there drivers (probably all there employees) too little (or no space).

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

PlatinumZealot

Whitmarsh's impulse purchase....

Lets see how he turns out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏