Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KATO

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

Perez..... Tucked in shirt after.. :lol:
But anyways I'ts nice to know he started to work on the simulator before this week and this was simply a nice show for the Media..

He says they are are doing 5 hour work-out sessions to get him fit.
I hope that the time spent on the simulator is the same as the time spent on his physical training..
I wonder how much time will specifically be spent (in the simulator) on the Melbourne track so that Perez "stuns" and "wows" everyone..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

PlatinumZealot

Perez interview:
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14183.html
Q: In the past, one of your strengths has been managing tyre degradation. Do you feel the 2013 tyres are going to play to your strengths?
SP: I think the approach this year is different. At Sauber it helped me because the approach was always to maximise the race potential and not so much qualifying. Here the target is to get pole position and then win the race. Usually the fastest strategy is to do more stops and push all the time. In that respect I will try to help with my style and my understanding of the tyre, but I think the approach needs to be different. We need to attack more in qualifying and extract the maximum from the race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

KATO

n smikle wrote:Perez interview:
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14183.html
Q: In the past, one of your strengths has been managing tyre degradation. Do you feel the 2013 tyres are going to play to your strengths?
SP: I think the approach this year is different. At Sauber it helped me because the approach was always to maximise the race potential and not so much qualifying. Here the target is to get pole position and then win the race. Usually the fastest strategy is to do more stops and push all the time. In that respect I will try to help with my style and my understanding of the tyre, but I think the approach needs to be different. We need to attack more in qualifying and extract the maximum from the race.

So he's gona go for speed..... I just hope he has enough of it..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

KATO

Perez hits back at di Resta's pay driver jibe - Mexican Formula One driver Sergio Perez has hit back at Paul di Resta.

http://f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_co ... Itemid=157
__Ayrton Senna

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: McLaren MP4-28 (pre-launch speculation)

What do you know about Mclaren simulator and new wind tunnel? When was it built? It is the best in F1? When they developed it last time?.... And the most important... CAN DE LA ROSA help Ferrari to have the best simulator in F1 using his previous Mclaren experience?

Abou the new wind tunnel... I read that they build a new structure -> Mclaren Applied Technology Center wich will have a new wind tunnel. My question is that if this wind tunnel can be use by Mclaren Racing ( the F1) team, or it will be nuilt for Mclaren Automotive? (I'm talking about the scale 60% vs 100%). In july 2012 the work on the new center has not started, because some tight conditions imposed by the authorities, but in march 2012 it was revelead that they received all the green light to start the construction. Thanks.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

I forgot to ask you what do you know about the construction of the new Mclaren Applied Technology Center? Ron Dennis told that the tight restrictions imposed by the authorities delayed the start of the work, albeit they have all the green light. Thanks

NathanOlder

Yet another cock up by Mclaren.... Happy birthday message on the teams official Facebook page wishing Jenson a happy birthdsy, features a photo of Lewis and not Button. Keep it up Mclaren.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

wesley123
wesley123

NathanOlder wrote:Yet another cock up by Mclaren.... Happy birthday message on the teams official Facebook page wishing Jenson a happy birthdsy, features a photo of Lewis and not Button. Keep it up Mclaren.
:lol: :lol:

I already thought, why two posts to celebrate his birthday? guess it's clear now :lol:
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Avocado
Avocado

mclaren_mircea wrote:CAN DE LA ROSA help Ferrari to have the best simulator in F1 using his previous Mclaren experience?
Nah.

You can read about the new facilities here. Also the ilustration of what the new factories will look like, impressive stuff:

It's also approved for a new (underground) wind tunnel, which will be superior to the Toyota Motorsport GmbH tunnel in Cologne. For McLaren Racing and Automotive.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

@ avocado
Can the new wind tunnel be used by Mclaren Racing (F1 team), or it will be only for Mclaren Automotive?

Avocado
Avocado

Read the text under the picture again. :P

beelsebob
beelsebob

I love the idea that the new building is in the shape of a chunk of race track. It's almost the first and final turns at china, the final one's a bit tight though.

Richard
Richard

beelsebob wrote:I love the idea that the new building is in the shape of a chunk of race track. It's almost the first and final turns at china, the final one's a bit tight though.
I suspect it is intended to reference the ying/yang layout of the first building.

beelsebob
beelsebob

richard_leeds wrote:
beelsebob wrote:I love the idea that the new building is in the shape of a chunk of race track. It's almost the first and final turns at china, the final one's a bit tight though.
I suspect it is intended to reference the ying/yang layout of the first building.
Almost certainly, still cool... Almost makes me want them to build more buildings and complete the circuit. Then we'd *know* their underground lair contained a race track around it :D

No winter track testing my arse!

Richard
Richard