Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

Holm86 wrote:So Paddy Lowe is also off to Mercedes. This is a big loss for McLaren.

Wasnt Lowe responsible for the MP4-28??
Ham has taken an engineer with him! Not as many as Schumi did back at Benneton.. but its a good similarity.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Holm86

raymondu999 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Keep it a little serious please?
To be honest - mine completely was. I suspect Tim Goss is somewhere near 2nd in command of the design operation at McLaren. I suspect Goss or Oatley to take over the TD spot. Or perhaps Michael, as an outside 3rd bet.
I know yours was. And i agree with you. Goss is also a good bet.

But if Lowe was responsible for the MP4-28 design. Then Mercedes will know everything about it. And McLaren will have a hard time develop it right?

Lurk

McLaren is built on a "Everybody is replaceable" philosophy so it should or hurt them too much (but he would be a great asset for Mercedes). Goss or Oatley should be fine with the job.

Jonathan Neale would be my 3rd guess.

CjC
CjC

Dont get me wrong, I would be disappointed if Lowe left, but there are other top engineers out there dying to work with a budget that Mclaren could muster. (Then again they have lost 3 top engineers in 6 years [aswell as 3 top drivers in the same length of time lol] so it must not be 100% A-OK at mclaren for one reason or another but THATS another discussion.)

I wouldnt be too annoyed if the bloke who oversaw the 2012 Lotus (James Allison?) came to Mclaren, that was a good car on a ropey(ish) budget
Just a fan's point of view

Neno

CjC wrote:Dont get me wrong, I would be disappointed if Lowe left, but there are other top engineers out there dying to work with a budget that Mclaren could muster. (Then again they have lost 3 top engineers in 6 years [aswell as 3 top drivers in the same length of time lol] so it must not be 100% A-OK at mclaren for one reason or another but THATS another discussion.)

I wouldnt be too annoyed if the bloke who oversaw the 2012 Lotus (James Allison?) came to Mclaren, that was a good car on a ropey(ish) budget
allison already say he decided stay with Lotus, he declined some better offers (probably from Mclaren or Ferrari), but for good reason, Mclaren and Ferrari will not give him same options like in Lotus, with experimenting something new, Lotus put trust in him even after fiasco with FEE. Newey left this team for similar reason, Allison in past left Ferrari because he was not trusted there. Sory, i can 100% guarantee Allison will never go in team like Mclaren, specialy when Lotus already have top notch tehnology, maybe even better then Mclaren's-

chepoi

Holm86 wrote:So Paddy Lowe is also off to Mercedes. This is a big loss for McLaren.

if Mclaren can offer Williams technical director, Mike Coughlan for the post of Paddy Lowe then i would say... YOU ARE FREE TO GO IF YOU WANT TO! And i think Mike Coughlan will be happy to be back to Mclaren. my opinion...

Holm86

chepoi wrote:

if Mclaren can offer Williams technical director, Mike Coughlan for the post of Paddy Lowe then i would say... YOU ARE FREE TO GO IF YOU WANT TO! And i think Mike Coughlan will be happy to be back to Mclaren. my opinion...
Coughlan would be great. But do McLaren dare??

Lorenzo_Bandini

There is a rumor that said that James Allison will leave Lotus for Mclaren.

CjC
CjC

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:There is a rumor that said that James Allison will leave Lotus for Mclaren.
As I have stated I wouldn't be too disheartened of he did join the team.
The rumour has probably be started by the same person who said Lowe is going to Mercedes, turns out paddy isn't..... For now lol

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105254

wunderkind

If I were Martin Whitmarsh, the only person I would consider to replace Paddy Lowe would be Tim Goss or Peter Prodromou. Neil Oatley is great, but he's more of a hands-on engineering director sort of guy.

Richard

TD silly season is in several team threads. For simplicity lets carry on in one place

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=14572

flmkane

Lurk wrote:McLaren is built on a "Everybody is replaceable" philosophy so it should or hurt them too much (but he would be a great asset for Mercedes). Goss or Oatley should be fine with the job.

Are you so sure they will make the same mistake as they made with Adrian Newey again?

Mclaren seem to have a problem keeping their best people. Prost, Senna, Murray, Newey, Raikkonnen, Alonso, Pat Fry, Hamilton... that's a pretty grim list!

KATO

flmkane wrote:
Lurk wrote:McLaren is built on a "Everybody is replaceable" philosophy so it should or hurt them too much (but he would be a great asset for Mercedes). Goss or Oatley should be fine with the job.

Are you so sure they will make the same mistake as they made with Adrian Newey again?

Mclaren seem to have a problem keeping their best people. Prost, Senna, Murray, Newey, Raikkonnen, Alonso, Pat Fry, Hamilton... that's a pretty grim list!
At any point in time during the carrers at McLaren of anyone of those people... If they would have stayed longer....... McLaren would have more trophys.. Maybe Schumi with Senna In McLaren longer would have one less Drivers Champ.. Or RedBull with Less constructors...... So it's fair to say that McLaren loosing a great member of their team is very likely..... They don't exactly try to keep anyone.. But who knows.. Well I mean they do but they really could try harder....
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

CjC
CjC

Seems to me that mclarens philosophy is 'no one is bigger than the team.' I agree with this statement but it has cost them glory

Holm86

They are still one of the most succesfull teams in F1 history. Every team is shuffeling personel. Not just McLaren.