Scuderia Ferrari 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
radosav

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2013

it must be reward for pit stop crew that Ferrari crew won in 2013.

mkable1370

Recent article related to todays quasi-engine reveal in Maranello details the staffing of the V6 Turbo engine working group who led development of the engine's various sub-systems. Sorry for the slightly awkward translation via Bing. I personally don't recongnize any of the names, but maybe they are of interest to some of you.

"Luca Marmorini, head of Ferrari engines during the tutorial for journalists, which took place in Racing to acquaint yourself with the V6 Turbo engine has formalized the working group which helped him to develop new power-unit called 059/3 for Formula 1.

Mattia Binotto, the younger but appreciated engineer who has always cared for the engines on the track, was promoted as Deputy Director of engines and is the new manager of electronics. The Group of OEMs is decomposed into six subsystems: Guido De Paola is the designer in the new V6 Turbo, while Daniele Zecchetti deals with the turbo and petrol facility and Thierry Baritaud develops hybrid systems (ERS and KERS). Henry Walter is the technician who care about reliability, David Salters of experimentation and Stefano Rovera electronics."

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... dei-motori

diemaster

power unit.

pics are from the video

http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/presen ... power-unit

Maikel0230

Yeah, releasing one picture of the new 'powertrain' was too to expensive I guess #-o
"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Crucial_Xtreme

Maikel0230 wrote:Yeah, releasing one picture of the new 'powertrain' was too to expensive I guess #-o
I think it's about discretion and secrecy and not a lack of funds. No team is going to want to show off the new power units for other teams to see.

Jonnycraig

Räikkönen is the number two. The Finn is here to take points away from Alonso's opponents! Obviously, Ferrari boss does not see a World Championship candidate in new recruit Kimi Räikkönen. "We hired Kimi," said Montezemolo, "because we wanted a quick driver with a lot of experience. He knows that he is in the second half of his career. He's particularly good in race trim and can take points away from Alonso's opponents there." Montezemolo clarifies: "Kimi's presence will be important so that Fernando is not left alone in his fight for top spots and important points."
http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/formel-1 ... ettel.html

Gerhard Berger

Jonnycraig wrote:
Räikkönen is the number two. The Finn is here to take points away from Alonso's opponents! Obviously, Ferrari boss does not see a World Championship candidate in new recruit Kimi Räikkönen. "We hired Kimi," said Montezemolo, "because we wanted a quick driver with a lot of experience. He knows that he is in the second half of his career. He's particularly good in race trim and can take points away from Alonso's opponents there." Montezemolo clarifies: "Kimi's presence will be important so that Fernando is not left alone in his fight for top spots and important points."
a mistranslation.

LdM never said Kimi is the number 2.

Jonnycraig

Gerhard Berger wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
a mistranslation.

LdM never said Kimi is the number 2.
It's a perfect translation, whether the journalist has added some spin is another matter.

Tim.Wright

The critical sentance <<Räikkönen ist die Nummer zwei>> isn't in "quotes". Therefore its an opinion of the magazine, not something that di Monetzemolo actually said.
Not the engineer at Force India

radosav

SatchelCharge wrote:You're right that he doesn't say it; do you disagree that it's implied?

"He... can take points away from Alonso's opponents"
well, he said ''Kimi's presence will be important so that Fernando is not left alone in his fight for top spots and important points'' too.
it is implied that he will fight for top three positions too, also against Alonso .
that sentence about taking points from Alonso's rivals could mean that Kimi will do what Massa couldn't.

radosav

Speaking at a Santander function in Madrid, the Spaniard said, “I have faith in Ferrari and I am happy to be able to work with Raikkonen, a driver who has a rare talent and from whom I can learn a lot.”

“The experience he and I have will be vital to develop the car: the most important thing is that we work together for Ferrari and that a red car is first across the line, no matter which one '' ---- Alonso's words show that they will have same status at the beginning , later will be team's decision!

munudeges

There have been an awful lot of things said by Monty that outright contradict the idea they will continue to put their eggs in Alonso's basket. The relationship between Ferrari and Alonso has broken down. That much became clear last year.
"If some driver wants to drive for himself there are many possibilities, they can do their own team..."

Crucial_Xtreme

munudeges wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:The decision to drop the front pull-rod, if it is true, happened long before Allison came to the team. Allison won't have much input on the initial actual design of the 2014 car....
Not necessarily at all. If Allison sees something he doesn't like then it's going out. The pressure is on in that team and he cannot afford to wait to make changes. Ferrari don't have time on their side. Whatever though, the pull-rod adventure has been a failure.

As I said a couple weeks back, any decision on front pull or push rod has already been made and Allison doesn't have any input on the initial design of the 2014 car. You disagreed, but here Allison himself confirms what I said.

I definitely haven’t spent time going into the details of the design of the new car, as it wouldn’t make any sense at this stage,” James told http://www.ferrari.com. “Rather, I concentrated on trying to direct adequate resources and on putting the best people in the right places to optimise attention to detail."

James Allison Interview

Pierce89

radosav wrote:Speaking at a Santander function in Madrid, the Spaniard said, “I have faith in Ferrari and I am happy to be able to work with Raikkonen, a driver who has a rare talent and from whom I can learn a lot.”

“The experience he and I have will be vital to develop the car: the most important thing is that we work together for Ferrari and that a red car is first across the line, no matter which one '' ---- Alonso's words show that they will have same status at the beginning , later will be team's decision!
Alonso's words show no such thing. Alonso claimed Massa had even billing. We know the truth. No driver in modern day Politically Correct F1 would say "I'm number one and Kimi is my hoe".
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

BTW can we get Islamatron back? I need a good argument with a Ferrari hater.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher