Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
raymondu999

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

elf341
elf341

Well, the post Magny-Cours FW clearly had a Lotus-style flare to it - with the upper-cascade connecting into the end-plate - and at least was the start of a clear moving away from the BGP001-lineage of front wing.

user001
user001

elf341 wrote:Well, the post Magny-Cours FW clearly had a Lotus-style flare to it - with the upper-cascade connecting into the end-plate - and at least was the start of a clear moving away from the BGP001-lineage of front wing.
but without a nosecone?

FW17

Haug's head rolls

First Lauda effect

FoxHound

Yup beat me to it Williams,

Here's the link.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104815
JET set

FoxHound

Interesting stats on the official Mercedes AMG page.

http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/en/#/s/n ... otorsport?
Norbert Haug has led the Motorsport division of Mercedes-Benz since 1 October 1990. In that time, Mercedes-Benz and its partners won six Formula One world championship titles and took 87 Formula One victories. In the DTM, Mercedes teams won a total of 32 titles under Haug’s leadership. Since the first title win in 1992, Mercedes-Benz has won 54% of all DTM races and about 60% of all DTM titles (drivers/manufacturers/teams). During that period of time Mercedes-Benz has competed in 986 races in total (Formula One, Champ Car, GT, Group C, Formula 3) under Haug’s leadership and won 439 of them (45.4%).
JET set

Nando
Nando

Talk about soaking up the glory. He´s like a Lauda imo, As if it´s a holiday in Saint Tropez.
Unless of course he designed the engines himself or built the DTM cars in his garage.

-
Button keeps praising Hamilton and expects Rosberg to be a little bit surprised.
"I think he'll probably get a bit of a surprise at his speed," he said. "I know he's been his team-mate in the past but I think he'll be surprised at how Lewis can get performance out of a bad car. I think that will be the biggest thing."
In terms of his personal relationship with Hamilton, Button admitted that Rosberg, who was Hamilton's team-mate in go-karts, knows him better.
"I think he knows him pretty well," he added. "I think Nico knows Lewis better than I do. They've worked together before and I'm sure he knows what to expect [from their working relationship]."
http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4384 ... g__Button/
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Mika1
Mika1

I will miss Haug.
The boss follows me on twitter.

gato azul
gato azul

FoxHound wrote: There was a time when their sister team Torro Rosso had more victories than Red bull, despite their vastly superior technical team. Did you want Red Bull to sack Newey in 2008?
Interesting logic here FoxHound, back in 2008 wasn't that Toro Rosso designed by Adrian Newey and his gang at RBT?
So why would you fire the guy or call for his resignation when the car he pend just won a race?

Anyway, interesting development with N.Haug out of the job now, looks like that some people start to lose a bit of patience.
No farewell party, just dismissed at the end of the season - "nice".

diego1960

One down, one to go.

Brawn the next maybe? I consider it possible that he is relieved of his duties around February/March if the pre-season tests indicate that the W04 is yet another failure with BAR DNA.

All in all a nice change, something that was needed.

f1enigma posted on facebook a rumor about Michael Schumacher becoming the Head of Mercedes Motorsports. Let's see.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

dren

I don't see Brawn going, he'll go when he wants to go.

As for Hamilton joining, this points to something: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104814

It reads like Mercedes restructured the team specifically to work well with the 2014 regulations. It's split engine/chassis. I don't know if other teams are split in such a way or not. A lot of resources look to be tied into the 2014 engine.
Honda!

Mika1
Mika1

I think they won't use all their sources for 2013. They will try to improve the car a bit, some tests. Hamilton said 2014 is the most important year.

diego1960

Then perhaps brace ourselves for another disappointment from this team? But seriously, I remember a Brawn interview saying that Aldo Costa is in charge of the 2013 car and Goff Willis of the the 2014 one. If that is the case it is logical that Aldo would continue to develop the W04 up until the end, leaving the 2014 version to Geoff without interfering. Isn't that the case?
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

marcush.
marcush.

diego1960 wrote:Then perhaps brace ourselves for another disappointment from this team? But seriously, I remember a Brawn interview saying that Aldo Costa is in charge of the 2013 car and Goff Willis of the the 2014 one. If that is the case it is logical that Aldo would continue to develop the W04 up until the end, leaving the 2014 version to Geoff without interfering. Isn't that the case?
This is not what he said .The division of Engine and chassis is MGP and AMGHPPT who work closely together ,not an MGP internal engine department...
Brawn in my view wanted to point out that costa as the leader of Design ,Transmission and Systems is working on 2013s car simply because now is the time to draw and build the next contender...when willis as head of technology is working on architecture ,concepts,technologies layout etc for the 2014 car -no need to detail design or specific layouts yet no parts production for testing no planning for updates yet.

Mika1
Mika1

diego1960 wrote:Then perhaps brace ourselves for another disappointment from this team? But seriously, I remember a Brawn interview saying that Aldo Costa is in charge of the 2013 car and Goff Willis of the the 2014 one. If that is the case it is logical that Aldo would continue to develop the W04 up until the end, leaving the 2014 version to Geoff without interfering. Isn't that the case?
You gave the answer. Aldo designs the 2013 car, Willis is working on the 2014 project. Conclusion: they split resources.