Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shakeman

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

Lowe to Merc rumours are circulating.

According to Bild.de Lowe was recruited by Toto for Williams but will follow him to Merc. Also Brawn and Fry to leave.

ringo

Shakeman wrote:Lowe to Merc rumours are circulating.

According to Bild.de Lowe was recruited by Toto for Williams but will follow him to Merc. Also Brawn and Fry to leave.
Whoaaaa....

Yeah i can understand fry, but Brawn?!

Mercedes better be careful, they may have a team full of strangers. A team with no roots. It's gonna be hard to make it gel together if it's just a collection of individuals. A Team is more than just a group of guys.
For Sure!!

Timstr

The article does not say Brawn or Fry will leave.

Morteza

Holy God! What are Mercedes really thinking? Lowe to Mercedes?! :shock:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

dren

I guess if Brawn leaves, Lowe will replace him? I don't see Brawn leaving, though. This team is exploding with people.
Honda!

Richard

WOAH! Hold your horses about Fry, Brawn & Lowe. Let's have reliable sources such as respected journalists or bloggers before we cover the forum in rumour spam please!

ps- that is mod speak for "I'll delete future rumour spam"

MacX

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04 (pre-launch speculation)

k.ko100v wrote:
I think you mean this http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/formel-1 ... cedes.html

I cannot beleve it!!!
Yeah, this

Timstr

dren wrote:I guess if Brawn leaves, Lowe will replace him? I don't see Brawn leaving, though. This team is exploding with people.
Wolff is in line to replace Brawn as Team Principal at some point I believe.
Paddy Lowe more likely to replace Bob Bell as TD.

pocketmoon

Timstr wrote: Wolff is in line to replace Brawn as Team Principal at some point I believe.
Paddy Lowe more likely to replace Bob Bell as TD.
Wouldn't that be a demotion ?! Plenty of speculation going on. I'm sure as long as we're all clear that it is just that, rather than fact, then perhaps we wont get moderated too much ;)

I can see why Ross may step aside. After bringing in his close friend Shumi and seeing him struggle it take a lot of desire to stay in that position when you could be fly-fishing.

P.S I really hope he stays for a couple more years!
Last edited by pocketmoon on 21 Jan 2013, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

Mika1

Lowe to Mercedes, that would be a great move for Mercedes.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Shakeman

richard_leeds wrote:

WOAH! Hold your horses about Fry, Brawn & Lowe. Let's have reliable sources such as respected journalists or bloggers before we cover the forum in rumour spam please!

ps- that is mod speak for "I'll delete future rumour spam"
Well Bild called Glock and Toto moves correctly.

Apologies if I've broken a forum rule. Won't happen again.
Last edited by Shakeman on 21 Jan 2013, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

jav
jav

I've always felt the technical team was disappointing and unaccountable. I've not seen concrete evidence to the contrary as yet. Certainly changes this late, if they occur, may have short term negative effects. Given the historical mixed signals and paltry PR presentation, I'm at a loss to be sure if the (last) shuffle is expected to bear fruit at full blossom this season, next or ever?

This muddled outlook or "plan", the unreliable projection of goals, and spotty historical achievement has left fans with little to chear about now...and only distant hope for the faithful! What little certainlty there is, seem best invested in skeptecism. I hope this team starts laying some strong footings soon!