Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 am

Cocles wrote:
Nando wrote:Agree. I´m actually surprised they have been reported yet are still there.


Seconded. Leeds is probably on vacation or something. The title of this thread also hasn't been changed back, even though MercedesAMGF1Fans was able to confirm that the team name is still Mercedes AMG. (Next time, let's wait for confirmation from the actual team, instead of jumping the gun based on a dodgy document (confirmed drivers weren't even listed) from the FIA.)

It'll probably all be fixed within the next few days.


I don't see how this really matters. It's not as if anyone will mistake it for some other Mercedes team on the grid as there is only one.
TheBaverianBasterd
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2012

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am

Keyword: consistency,
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."
Nando
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2012

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 am

AMG is the main driver to the existence of the team. Otherwise, they would probably be consigned to the history books along with Schumacher and the 3 year plan.
Therefore AMG should be recognised as such.

I would guess Zetsche palmed it off on AMG due to them A) being able to justify the existence of the team(marketing) and B) have the cash flow to support the team on it's own.
The fashion of the world is to avoid cost, and they encounter it. -WS
FoxHound
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2012

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 am

FoxHound wrote:AMG is the main driver to the existence of the team. Otherwise, they would probably be consigned to the history books along with Schumacher and the 3 year plan.
Therefore AMG should be recognised as such.

I would guess Zetsche palmed it off on AMG due to them A) being able to justify the existence of the team(marketing) and B) have the cash flow to support the team on it's own.


I would love to see numbers on how much of an impact the AMG name in the team name has on prospective car buyers. I can't imagine anyone is really buying a AMG branded car based on the F1 team. Although I could see one not buying a car based on the performance of the team in 2012, as it wasn't really what you would expect from AMG.
TheBaverianBasterd
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2012

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:13 am

TheBaverianBasterd wrote:I don't see how this really matters. It's not as if anyone will mistake it for some other Mercedes team on the grid as there is only one.


So as fans of the Mercedes F1 works team, it's unreasonable of us to ask that the team's name be listed correctly at the top of its own thread?
Cocles
 
Joined: 2 Sep 2011

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 am

MGP is a marketing tool ,end of story .
the first three years it was Schumacher keeping the tool alive ,as on the sporting side -nothing to write home about ...now they got Hamilton ...and his management has already taken over everything media/pr -in fact those were instrumental in announcing the new deal and starting the awkward situation with Dai looking bad with handling Schumachers end of career...
so very questionbable the marketing budget responsible people will be very happy pumping moneys into this for the good of Hamilton only...does not really make sense to me long term.
marcush.
 
Joined: 9 Mar 2004

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 am

marcush. wrote:...his management has already taken over everything media/pr -in fact those were instrumental in announcing the new deal and starting the awkward situation with Dai looking bad with handling Schumachers end of career..


Is this speculation or fact? If it is fact, could you please post your source?
Cocles
 
Joined: 2 Sep 2011

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 am

Cocles wrote:
marcush. wrote:...his management has already taken over everything media/pr -in fact those were instrumental in announcing the new deal and starting the awkward situation with Dai looking bad with handling Schumachers end of career..


Is this speculation or fact? If it is fact, could you please post your source?


No I can´t but don´t you think a press release by DAI announcing Hamiltons signing of contract with MGP ending with a mention of XIX entertainment is not a serious hint?


http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921- ... 0-0-0.html
marcush.
 
Joined: 9 Mar 2004

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I don't think that document gives us enough information to go on. Here's why: I've worked in Hollywood for the past 12 years and I can say with first hand knowledge that agencies and management firms often put unusual, specific stipulations within their contracts. The statement at the end of that press release could be due to any number of reasons. It could have been literally stated in Hamilton's contract that XIX must be mentioned in the press release announcing his signing.

For all we know, a PR guy at Daimler put together that release and stuck that line in at the bottom to accomodate what was in Hamilton's contract. Your speculation could also be true, although I think it's a bit extreme. My point is, we don't know.
Cocles
 
Joined: 2 Sep 2011

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:04 pm

look ...
Hamilton announces his contract with MGP in the morning it´s in fact flooding the media already and then a good 3 hours later Daimler does publish this press release on their own site...
It does not really matter who has written the release..Daimler has a LOT of people working on the media side with Haug ,Scahhttling and at least two others mentioned here and then with no other obligations .

So how would you interpret the happenings -Hamilton signs ,the info leaks and Dai has to hastily make an announcement?
In my book this is allready getting a bit too much for DAIs media corps....

As they are effectively paying all this from their (marketing )budgets it seems quite logical that already with the start things do not really go in Daimlers direction.add to this the statements of Hamilton to consider a return to Mclaren -even bedfore he started his work at MGP!- is also not very wise and marketingwise not helpful.
Just consider next season when Hamilton starts to do his own thing and MGP has to bear all blame for underachievings....maybe they already hope Rosberg will be the equal of Hamilton so the hits will not be as severe...
marcush.
 
Joined: 9 Mar 2004

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm expecting Hamilton fans to be more knowledgeable about F1 than their MSC counterparts.

Already we see that expectations are being managed when they could never be with MSC. Hamilton is talking of a "journey" and not "championships".
And I cannot understand why criticism is being levelled at Daimler over when a press release is being issued.
There are bigger things to worry about than the chronological events of some mundane PR statement.

If this is somehow being attached to MSC's departure, then that is plain wrong.

The man is gone, time to move on now.
The fashion of the world is to avoid cost, and they encounter it. -WS
FoxHound
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2012

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:15 pm

marcush. wrote:add to this the statements of Hamilton to consider a return to Mclaren -even bedfore he started his work at MGP!- is also not very wise and marketingwise not helpful.


Source?

marcush. wrote: and MGP has to bear all blame for underachievings....maybe they already hope Rosberg will be the equal of Hamilton so the hits will not be as severe...


And MGP never took the blame with MSC did they, Marcush?
The fashion of the world is to avoid cost, and they encounter it. -WS
FoxHound
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2012

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 pm

FoxHound wrote:
marcush. wrote:add to this the statements of Hamilton to consider a return to Mclaren -even bedfore he started his work at MGP!- is also not very wise and marketingwise not helpful.


Source?

He's said quite a lot on the matter IMO. In a Sky interview he even said something along the lines of "if it doesn't work out, then you know... It's only 3 years that I've wasted," and "I view McLaren as my home - I think I always will - and I'm flying out to see the world." Use of the analogy doesn't help.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法
raymondu999
 
Joined: 4 Feb 2010

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:03 pm

If Hamilton signed in 2010 (if I say) we would have heard the same story about "championships" and not a "journey". You are being unfair here and I believe you know it. MSC said the same thing about "journey" and "mission" from the first year, and how Mercedes was a running project.

Criticism is being leveled at Daimler because everyone expects more from this huge automobile manufacturer, and their failure to produce a winning F1 team is stunning to be honest. Having in mind that they consider the BAR team to actually be Mercedes that is.
Instead of focusing on helping the team improve they write silly excuses Grand-Prix in and Gran-Prix out to cover up their inability and utter failure to produce a winning machine. We have seen this team fighting with the Torro Rosso's, and yet they continue to lie through PR statements and interviews about the team "moving forward".

In addition, the team signed a guy that posted telemetry on twitter. And on top of that the signed Lauda to spy on the team, being in a "management/James Bond" fusion role to make it better. They weren't even able to properly announce Hamilton's arrival, such is their level of incompetence.

Sorry Fox, I am not going to find excuses for them no more.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
diego1960
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Location: Athens, Greece

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:17 pm

sums it up pretty much really.
They could not even handle the media ...
I don´t think the MGP bashing is unfair or unjustified at all.
And i would never expect of any Driver taking any blame for underachievements of a team,yet Schumacher was not even hesitating to shoulder responsibily for not delivering the goods.
Wait for Lewis and prepare yourself for powerbashing.
marcush.
 
Joined: 9 Mar 2004

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One teams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], Gettingonabit, Richard, SectorOne, SkinnyMinnie, slow elephant, Twitter [Bot] and 18 guests