Sauber F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Richard

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2013

It's that time of year when we need our traditional "Silly Season" thread to avoid multiple team threads talking about the same thing. We usually try to keep the team threads to discussion of this team, this season.

Silly season chat this way :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

Racer X

So this new Russian driver is set to start duties with the team this season this week. Learning and perhaps getting some Friday practices.

I wonder in whos car and does this signal Telmex leaving'? With Esteban or Hulk leaving.

I wouldn't be surprised if both drivers left.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

adrianjordan

Racer X wrote:So this new Russian driver is set to start duties with the team this season this week. Learning and perhaps getting some Friday practices.

I wonder in whos car and does this signal Telmex leaving'? With Esteban or Hulk leaving.

I wouldn't be surprised if both drivers left.
I wouldn't be surprised if Telmex jumped to McLaren to be honest...

Just hope Sauber pull this deal off and survive...I've always had something of a soft spot for them...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Racer X

Dumping Esteban but perhaps esteban will end up in a seat In a lesser team with his sponsors

Kiril Varbanov

Racer X

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Sirotkin visits Hinwill (Video): http://www.blick.ch/sport/formel1/sirot ... 13961.html
Well im thank full for all the entertainment Sauber is going to be giving us.

marcush.

I heard Sirotkin already realised how much more is demanded compared to what he is prepared to deliver..It´s going to be a steep uphill battle?

dren

marcush. wrote:I heard Sirotkin already realised how much more is demanded compared to what he is prepared to deliver..It´s going to be a steep uphill battle?
Where'd you hear that? I believe it though...

I hope Hulk stays, I don't see anyone else picking him up sadly.
Honda!

johnny99

Autosport reports that Frijns won't be at Sauber for 2014, a place for Sirotkin ?

John

xDama

johnny99 wrote:Autosport reports that Frijns won't be at Sauber for 2014, a place for Sirotkin ?

John
Sirotkin has got the seat already. Such a bloody shame not to see Frijns in F1. Probably one of the biggest talents in years.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

johnny99

It is a shame, and a bigger shame that teams of the calibre of Sauber and Williams need paying drivers to survive

John

Richard

It seems Sauber are being rigourous in acclimatising Sirotkin for F1:
Sauber are pressing ahead with plans to run Russian teenager Sergey Sirotkin next year, even though he is only 18 and very inexperienced. Sirotkin, who owes his chance to the Swiss team's new Russian partners, is in Monza getting a taste of F1 and the team revealed they have a big testing programme planned for him in the coming months - probably in their 2011 car, which does not break F1s testing rules. 'We are working on putting together the testing programme for him because you are allowed to test with an older car,' said team principal Monisha Kaltenborn. 'We have more or less finalised the dates, we just have to look at certain availabilities. We are planning [the start of testing] for the end of October.' Sirotkin himself sounded confident that he would be fully prepared by next March. 'I still have half a year,"' he said. 'I still need to finish my World Series season and if everything goes right I will be more than ready for the first race." He can hardly say anything else, can he?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23826793

Kiril Varbanov

Livio Oricchio runs a story that Rubens Barrichello may be driving for Sauber at his home GP, Brazil:
http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/espo ... 9634,0.htm

skoop

god i hope that's not true

matt21

There are rumors, that there will be a merger between Sauber and Marussia.

Maybe the russian investors which Sauber was mentioning have a link to Andrei Tscheglakow.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marus ... er-report/