Sauber F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marcush.

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2013

hopefully the drain of human recources has been stopped and not too many of the guys have left already.

Clew

With the announcement of Marussia signed up for Ferrari engines in 2014....I wonder how they an upstart team can afford them and well established Sauber can't :wtf:
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

raymondu999

Clew wrote:With the announcement of Marussia signed up for Ferrari engines in 2014....I wonder how they an upstart team can afford them and well established Sauber can't :wtf:
Bianchi?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Kiril Varbanov

WhiteBlue wrote: The guy is 17 years old and lies eighths in the Renault world series. There is absolutely no reason for Sauber to use Sirotkin but the money his father pumps into Sauber.
on July 15, 2013 at 9:49 am | Reply Joe Saward "The Russian guy is 17. He needs more time."
So at least one very prominent observer thinks that Sirotkin is not ready to step into the Sauber.
That's what my colleague thinks as well, commenting on his runs - Tom Gaymor on young drivers.
He also adds, however, that the guy has a potential. I doubt that the money problem could be avoided, ever. Anyway, bottom line I'm glad for Sauber staying.

Racer X

Sauber is so different im so surprised the C32 isnt a better car and that Hulk has not surpassed Perez.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

marcush.

so with Monisha Kaltenborn not wanted by the Russian investors it seems she could really be the option for a Replacement of Bernie -him still pulling the strings in the background???

fritticaldi

motorsport.com is reporting that Hulkenberg will drive for the last time in Hungary and then will be replaced by Dutchman Frijns. This is presently a rumour. Let's see if it gains momentum.

stefan_

My reaction to those rumours is exactly what James Hunt says in this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMfr4MOAMR4[/youtube]
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Racer X

Hulk wont leave till the end of the season and maybe it will be Esteban who leaves.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Kiril Varbanov

According to Bild, the members of the board NIAT said no to the Sauber deal - http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/sau ... .bild.html

timbo

i was expecting something like this. So far the only true partnership/sponsorship deal in F1 with Russian company is Kaspersky. But it differs with what was announced for Sauber's partnership as Kaspesly lab is private company. There was also previous connection of Sauber with MTS, but while apparently it gave Sauber some money the MTS itself failed to use the deal for any promotional purposes. Petrov had substantial backing during his career but that very unstable and his management had to renew negotiations not only with teams but with potential sponsors each year.
F1 is not the most popular sport in Russia and exposure in F1 is not an asset in the view of Russian business.
Still I hope Sauber does well and before there's an official announcement I keep my fingers crossed.

Kiril Varbanov

Sauber releases another tech video - this time it is about 20 years of their history:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZEd_8Im6ss[/youtube]

skoop

according to sauber the deal with the russians is still on:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109261

and don't take bild too serious. they're known for making things up

Kiril Varbanov

Oh, sure, the media state is very well known, hence the prefix "According to".

One image from Sauber - somewhat old, might have been posted. Just to get a grasp of the 60% wind tunnel scaled model: