Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lizardfolk

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

I see Karthikeyan is reported to be in discussions with FI...

http://en.espnf1.com/forceindia/motorsp ... 00610.html

GrizzleBoy

That would be very interesting..........if he ever got a drive in a Force India he'd probably fight for that place like his life depended on it.

ESPImperium

All we need is for Force India to confirm both as race drivers for a €8m sum with both drivers doing two races about, Sharing a seat, making the team look a bit messy, but ultimately maximising the best of both drivers.

Sutil is a decent driver to me, a solid mid pack #1 in a mid pack team with him being a #2 driver in one of the top 5 teams. Bianchi to me is worth giving a race or two to, lets see what he can drag out of a F1 car in a race, He may not have won a race in GP2, however was a consistent driver never out the top 6 when i was watching it, and was shabbily shunted out of the WSR title last year.

Sutil is a driver who is brilliant but inconsistent, he can deliver a shock result on his day however in a weeks time will be no where, basically a driver who can deliver a 4th place from a storming drive then be 17th next race. Bianchi is a uninteresting but consistent driver, he can deliver consistently similar results however does it in a un-note worthy way, he can deliver a 6th via a race where he started 8th and do similar in the next race. I know what id rather have Id have a consistent driver giving me points in regular fashion.

However Bianchi and Di Resta may just be a bit dull for some, Sutil and Bianchi would be ideal for me. And im a Di Resta fan! I even admit that Di Resta must perform this year, he must get at least 75 to 80 points and not be outscored by his team mate for it to be a successful year for him.

Hail22

With Sutil going in for Barcelona it seems to all but seal Bianchi will be slated to join Sauber in the next few years before sitting in the seat of a Ferrari.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

ringo

ESPImperium wrote:All we need is for Force India to confirm both as race drivers for a €8m sum with both drivers doing two races about, Sharing a seat, making the team look a bit messy, but ultimately maximising the best of both drivers.

Sutil is a decent driver to me, a solid mid pack #1 in a mid pack team with him being a #2 driver in one of the top 5 teams. Bianchi to me is worth giving a race or two to, lets see what he can drag out of a F1 car in a race, He may not have won a race in GP2, however was a consistent driver never out the top 6 when i was watching it, and was shabbily shunted out of the WSR title last year.

Sutil is a driver who is brilliant but inconsistent, he can deliver a shock result on his day however in a weeks time will be no where, basically a driver who can deliver a 4th place from a storming drive then be 17th next race. Bianchi is a uninteresting but consistent driver, he can deliver consistently similar results however does it in a un-note worthy way, he can deliver a 6th via a race where he started 8th and do similar in the next race. I know what id rather have Id have a consistent driver giving me points in regular fashion.

However Bianchi and Di Resta may just be a bit dull for some, Sutil and Bianchi would be ideal for me. And im a Di Resta fan! I even admit that Di Resta must perform this year, he must get at least 75 to 80 points and not be outscored by his team mate for it to be a successful year for him.

Yes, Di Resta never really had any shine to begin with. I feel time is running out for him. He's not as flashy on track as Sutil and Hulk beat him soundly over speed and race craft. He feels he has some kind of entitlement to be in F1 or to be in a top team, but i don't see him in the sport in 2 years time. He's not really showing us anything new.
Sutil on the other hand is an exciting driver to watch, and on the day you don't know what he'll do. I'd dump diresta and go for Bianchi Sutil, or a Sutil Karthikeyan Bianchi for kicks.
For Sure!!

Shakeman

Sutil confirmed.

Via the twitterscape.

Good news at least there's a team mate battle worth watching.

SchumiSutil

Very good news fo me.
I'm still puzzled when I read Gary Anderson saying :
"Sutil will do OK, but he was no better than Di Resta when they were team-mates in 2011"

What kind of season have you seen ? Better quali/ratio, better results ? And this is no better ?

stefan_

Adrian Sutil completes Sahara Force India’s 2013 line-up

28 Feb 2013

Sahara Force India is pleased to announce that Adrian Sutil will complete its driver line-up for the 2013 season.

The 30-year-old German will race alongside Paul Di Resta, recreating the successful partnership that raced together during the 2011 season.

The 2013 campaign will be Adrian’s fifth racing season in the colours of Sahara Force India and his sixth year of Formula One competition.

Adrian will test for the team this week in Barcelona, driving on Friday and Saturday. Paul Di Resta will be back in the car on Sunday.

Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director: “The decision over our driver line-up has not been an easy one and we have given it great consideration over the last few months. It was a close call, but ultimately we felt that Adrian’s experience and historic links to the team gave him the edge, and will provide us with the best possible chance of realising our ambitions for the coming season. If he can rediscover the exceptional form he showed in the second half of 2011, I’m confident that we can pick up where we left off at the end of 2012. As for Jules Bianchi, he has impressed us enormously with his speed and work ethic, and I’m hopeful we can continue working with him this year to help him develop into a future Grand Prix driver.”

Adrian Sutil: “I’m delighted to be back in Formula One, especially with a team I know so well. I’m very happy and I want to thank Sahara Force India for giving me a second chance. Having been away from the sport, I’m even more determined to achieve my goals in Formula One. Things went really well at the Barcelona test last week and it almost feels as though I’ve never been away. Driving the car felt so natural and I was able to get back in the groove quickly and find the limit. Now my focus is on making the most of the final test session this week, working with the team in the simulator and getting myself in the best possible shape for Melbourne.”
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

King Six

He's a good driver, still though would have been nice to see Fisi driving back in 2010 instead of Liuzzi when Force India had their real breakthrough year. Wonder how he would have faired.

Joie de vivre

I think they already regret the decision choosing Sutil over Bianchi :lol:

SchumiSutil

Really ? For sure Bianchi would have done well, he will proving that with Marussia this year, but Sutil has his place in the team.
Well, the pace and the consistency on the medium tyre exceeded my expectations by far ! Shame Sutil struggled so much at the end with the supersofts, but what a first part of the race !

Godius

Did they use a new type of wheel nuts in Sepang or did they use the same type in Melbourne as well?

stefan_

Force India signs new deal with Mercedes

Force India has signed a new, long-term deal with Mercedes-Benz to use the German manufacturer's powertrain setup from the 2014 season onwards. Having initiated their technical partnership in 2009, the extended agreement ensures the supply of primary engine units, gearboxes, hydraulic systems and KERS.

As the sport prepares to enter the new turbocharged V6 era next year, the renewed tie-up will serve as a key area of consistency for Force India, which is currently competing in its fifth Formula 1 campaign with Mercedes-Benz powertrains.

"Our new agreement with Mercedes-Benz for the coming years is the most significant in the history of Sahara Force India," said team boss Vijay Mallya. "With new powertrain regulations being introduced next year, I can't think of a better partner to work with as Formula 1 enters a new and exciting era.

"The agreement gives us the long-term stability we require and will enable us to continue our journey towards the front of the grid."

Force India entered the sport back in 2008, taking over from the Spyker F1 squad. The Team used Ferrari power in its debut season before switching to Mercedes-Benz.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

stefan_

Richard

It's that time of year when we need our traditional "Silly Season" thread to avoid multiple team threads talking about the same thing. We usually try to keep the team threads to discussion of this team, this season.

Silly season chat this way :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread