Marussia F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2013

Leendert82 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Of course, had Hulkenberg and Hamilton not come to blows in Brazil, Marussia would be ahead of Caterham in the 2012 WCC. With rules stability comes a closing of the field, as those with slower cars have more to gain. So with the gap between Caterham and Marussia set to decrease (especially after the transition year of 2012 as Marussia abandons its CFD-only program) then that can only be better for Marussia. Don't forget we are into the off-season, giving Marussia plenty of time to make up gaps. And more importantly - a lot of teams are, IMO beginning to plateau in terms of the possibilities of the current set of regs.
But still Marrusia was allot slower throughout the season than Caterham on every single race except for Singapore where they were lucky.
Woah, I wouldnt say alot slower! Caterham were alot slower than Toro Rosso, Marussia were not far behind Caterham IMO.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Leendert82

NathanOlder wrote:
Leendert82 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Of course, had Hulkenberg and Hamilton not come to blows in Brazil, Marussia would be ahead of Caterham in the 2012 WCC. With rules stability comes a closing of the field, as those with slower cars have more to gain. So with the gap between Caterham and Marussia set to decrease (especially after the transition year of 2012 as Marussia abandons its CFD-only program) then that can only be better for Marussia. Don't forget we are into the off-season, giving Marussia plenty of time to make up gaps. And more importantly - a lot of teams are, IMO beginning to plateau in terms of the possibilities of the current set of regs.
But still Marrusia was allot slower throughout the season than Caterham on every single race except for Singapore where they were lucky.
Woah, I wouldnt say alot slower! Caterham were alot slower than Toro Rosso, Marussia were not far behind Caterham IMO.
On average just a second a lap.

Pierce89

raymondu999 wrote:. And more importantly - a lot of teams are, IMO beginning to plateau in terms of the possibilities of the current set of regs.
I believe there's a bit more meat on the bone before any team starts to truly plateau under these rules.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

stefan_

At the moment there are some rumours on Twitter about Glock leaving Marussia.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

That would be very strange. Marussia always loved Glock, never had a single bad word about him. Glock himself doesn't seem to have any other option then to stay with Marussia. Caterham will ask a bag of money if he wants to go to there. Force India might be an option, but he never ever was mentioned as a possible kandidate. Unlikely either.
#AeroFrodo

pocketmoon

Total speculation;

With Marussia's aim of a podium finish in Russia 2014 would Petrov not be a shoe-in ?

Tim.Wright

You only need to look at HRT to see what happens when you put national pride ahead of sound business practices.
Not the engineer at Force India

Polarbear

From what I have read Timo will be racing for BMW in DTM next year.

Will be sad to see him go, a popular figure in F1 and he seemed to get the best out of the MR01 last year.

Who do we think will fill the seat?

CMSMJ1

Timo was always one of the better drives in F1. It is sad how the churn works sometimes but that is the nature of the beast.

I do hope that a better driver takes his place...but I fear it will be Vitaly Petrov or perhaps.....Narain with a bucket of that ever so abundant Rupee!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NathanOlder

Im going to say Petrov as I have just read, Russian in a Russian team, 2014 Russian GP. makes sense.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

turbof1

Tim.Wright wrote:You only need to look at HRT to see what happens when you put national pride ahead of sound business practices.
Except that Russia harbors alot of rich people who are willing to spend huge sums (pocket change for them) on wasteful projects like these, purely for esteem. Unlike a pure spanish team, belonging to a country under a heavy burden of debt, a pure russian team is much more valieble.
#AeroFrodo

KATO

I can see that but you still need skill to go with it... After all the recent Pure British and German teams didn't brig in anything near what people expected of each..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

stefan_

Joint statement from the Marussia F1 Team and Timo Glock, 21 January 2013, 09.30hrs GMT

Banbury, UK
Monday 21 January 2013, 09.30hrs GMT

The Marussia F1 Team and its race driver Timo Glock have, by mutual consent, agreed to part company with immediate effect.

The 30 year old German has been with the Team since its inception in 2009, completing three full seasons of competition and playing a significant role in its development.

John Booth, Team Principal of the Marussia F1 Team, commented: “Timo has made a very significant contribution to our Team over the past three seasons, helping us to develop our package to the point where, for a large proportion of the 2012 season, we were holding 10th place in the Constructors’ Championship. Timo is a fantastic driver and he has been a very popular member of the Team.

“Our Team was founded on the principle of benefiting from proven experience whilst also providing opportunities for young emerging talent to progress to the pinnacle of motorsport. Thus far, this philosophy has also been reflected in our commercial model. The ongoing challenges facing the industry mean that we have had to take steps to secure our long-term future. Tough economic conditions prevail and the commercial landscape is difficult for everyone, Formula 1 teams included. We would like to thank Timo for working with us to reach this decision, especially as he had a valid contract, and also for the contribution he has made to our Team. We wish him all the best for his future and I would like to congratulate the next team acquiring the services of such a competitive, professional and experienced racer.

“We will provide an update regarding the completion of our driver line-up in due course.”

Timo Glock added: “I have had three excellent years with the Marussia F1 Team, during which I had the chance to actively participate in building and developing the Team in its endeavours to succeed within the Formula 1 World Championship. I would like to wish the Team good luck in navigating this next period and thank everyone for the great times we shared and the support I have received. Although it is not the path I expected to be taking, I am in fact very excited about what the future holds in terms of my own career and I hope to comment on that very soon."
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

dren

Glock to FI maybe?
Honda!

turbof1

Well apperently I was wrong: Marussia liked Glock alot, but not enough to rate him above a (yet) illusive bag of money.

Glock still was under contract I suppose? I also think Glock went to Force India; that way they could release him without having to undergo the consequences of the clausules.
#AeroFrodo