Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Won't he be busy developing the RB10? Red bull won't release him as he's too valuable....
Just a fan's point of view

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

CjC wrote:Won't he be busy developing the RB10? Red bull won't release him as he's too valuable....
It was said that he may snub Mclaren and that Red Bull was working hard to keep him, but Jonathan Neale said that there are no problems with Peter and in 2015 he will come with his leutenant Dan Fallows at Mclaren. It was exacerbated the rumour that may have regrets about leaving Red Bull, but Mclaren has the contracts signed by Fallows and Promodrou since the end of October 2013, and you can be sure that Ron will not negotiate with Red Bull any move on Promodrou, he will barely ban him for the rest of his contract. Believe me, now it's Ron Dennis at the helm of Mclaren and NOT Martin Whitmatsh. Ron will not accept any sum of money to release Promodrou. Belive me Ron will go brutal on weaking Red Bull, he will bite them ruthless only to hit them as a team. Whitmarsh may have negotiated a compensatory sum for Mclaren, for the good of the sport (bla bla, he is a big loser and he deserved what he have got, he was more about FOTA and the good health of the sport, than follow ruthless Mclaren's interests), but Ron will bite Red Bull as a opportunistic shark, and in the end Promodrou either won't put his career in danger, to stay out of F1 for 3-4 years.

Juzh

mclaren_mircea wrote:
CjC wrote:Won't he be busy developing the RB10? Red bull won't release him as he's too valuable....
It was said that he may snub Mclaren and that Red Bull was working hard to keep him, but Jonathan Neale said that there are no problems with Peter and in 2015 he will come with his leutenant Dan Fallows at Mclaren. It was exacerbated the rumour that may have regrets about leaving Red Bull, but Mclaren has the contracts signed by Fallows and Promodrou since the end of October 2013, and you can be sure that Ron will not negotiate with Red Bull any move on Promodrou, he will barely ban him for the rest of his contract. Believe me, now it's Ron Dennis at the helm of Mclaren and NOT Martin Whitmatsh. Ron will not accept any sum of money to release Promodrou. Belive me Ron will go brutal on weaking Red Bull, he will bite them ruthless only to hit them as a team. Whitmarsh may have negotiated a compensatory sum for Mclaren, for the good of the sport (bla bla, he is a big loser and he deserved what he have got, he was more about FOTA and the good health of the sport, than follow ruthless Mclaren's interests), but Ron will bite Red Bull as a opportunistic shark, and in the end Promodrou either won't put his career in danger, to stay out of F1 for 3-4 years.
A bunch of uncalled for melodrama. If RB do indeed convince Promodrou to stay with them all they have to do is pay his contract penalty to mclaren and that's it. You can't force someone to work for you if he doesn't want to. Now all that matters is how big that penalty is and if RB is willing to pay for it.
And why would he stay out of F1 for 3-4 years?? What danger to his career are you talking about? There's a standing rule in the UK that you can't put someone on gardening leave for more than 6 months as far as I'm aware. It was talked about in length at the time Promodrou switch was announced.

Jano11
Jano11

mclaren_mircea wrote:
LOL!
Who's Promodrou?
And since when are RedBull weak?

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Juzh wrote:
mclaren_mircea wrote:
A bunch of uncalled for melodrama. If RB do indeed convince Promodrou to stay with them all they have to do is pay his contract penalty to mclaren and that's it. You can't force someone to work for you if he doesn't want to. Now all that matters is how big that penalty is and if RB is willing to pay for it.
And why would he stay out of F1 for 3-4 years?? What danger to his career are you talking about? There's a standing rule in the UK that you can't put someone on gardening leave for more than 6 months as far as I'm aware. It was talked about in length at the time Promodrou switch was announced.
You will see. Promodrou will join Mclaren. Keep this message for 2015. He surely will be at Mclaren.

Juzh

Oh calm down man, i didnt say he wont go to macca, just that it is not at all impossible for rb to still keep him if he changes his mind.

Jano11
Jano11

Guys can we at least spell his name correctly?
His name is Prodromou.
Thank you.

As for joining McLaren, well it depends. If he wanted to work for Martin then he might not appreciate this forceful change of management and he might rather prefer to stay with RedBull, which is easily possible given the laws that govern the rights of a person to chose where they want to work.

CjC
CjC

Just a thought about the so called 'Prodromou snub' the journalists have reported, could it be that he's 'snubbed' going to mclaren early and that red bull have talked him into staying till the end of his contract?

Thinking back to 04/05 when newey decided to leave mclaren, Ron Dennis 'talked' newey into to staying but he still left....

I guess only time will tell.
Just a fan's point of view

321apex
321apex

Eric Boulier would be awesome at Ferrari.
I hope the decision makers at Scuderia come to their senses and show the door to Domenicalli. Nearly a decade of screwing up a winning operation is enough. I feared when Alonso was joining them, that he will fail to gain any success.

Eric Boulier being a francophone is out of place at a "stuffy" outfit like McLaren. Conflict of mentalities. Hope to see him at Ferrari in near future.

Kiril Varbanov

Legal battle going on between Mclaren and Red Bull - http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/04/09/red- ... is-theirs/

Pierce89

Red Bull will pay Macca some money. Surely Mclaren are too smart to employ a person that doesn't want to work there.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

wunderkind
wunderkind

I doubt the addition of Eric Boullier would help Ferrari win. Ferrari's problem, and indeed, McLaren's problem is that they have not been able to produce a car good enough to win races regularly and take points from Red Bull, and now, Mercedes-AMG.

Both McLaren and Ferrari have to beef up their technical teams to turn things around.

If I were LdM, I would only add to my management rank if that person can fill a management gap and help me land a big-name designer or engineer.

wunderkind
wunderkind

Pierce89 wrote:Red Bull will pay Macca some money. Surely Mclaren are too smart to employ a person that doesn't want to work there.
Maybe I'm being evil here. If I were Ron, I'd sue to get Fallows just to weaken Red Bull.

321apex
321apex

wunderkind wrote:I doubt the addition of Eric Boullier would help Ferrari win.
Do you understand what role team managers fulfill?
Do you appreciate the magnitude of accomplishment Eric Boulier has achieved at Lotus?

wunderkind
wunderkind

321apex wrote:
wunderkind wrote:I doubt the addition of Eric Boullier would help Ferrari win.
Do you understand what role team managers fulfill?
Do you appreciate the magnitude of accomplishment Eric Boulier has achieved at Lotus?
Yes, but is Boullier going to help design and build a better car? Management-wise (both at Maranello and trackside), I don't think ferrari is poorly managed at all. Far from it in fact.

My point is, Ferrari needs to hire designers and engineers who can help build a better car than what they have at the moment.