Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

I hope this doesn't result in a DNF in china!
Right now he just needs to be focusing on beating Rosberg. I can see that Rosberg is slowly going over to the dark side.. the rage is building inside.
It's going to be another monstrous battle in China for both drivers.
For Sure!!

Juzh

ringo wrote:I can see that Rosberg is slowly going over to the dark side.. the rage is building inside.
Temptation is strong

:lol: :lol:

wunderkind

I think Rosberg knows he needs to drive sensibly and play the long game. Hamilton tends to drive his car harder and I think he will have more DNF's due to mechanical failures than Rosberg.

lewishamilton90

rosberg 3 dnf
hamilton 1 dnf(per indidente)

De Jokke

lewishamilton90 wrote:2013
rosberg 3 dnf

3? Melbourne, Hungary and ?

Hami: Japan
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

Burgess

China.

xDama

ringo wrote:I hope this doesn't result in a DNF in china!
Right now he just needs to be focusing on beating Rosberg. I can see that Rosberg is slowly going over to the dark side.. the rage is building inside.
It's going to be another monstrous battle in China for both drivers.
To be fair, I'm having the same feeling about Rosberg. The guy has always been so extremely positive and easy-going and I had the feeling this sunday that Rosberg was slowly exploding inside.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtCJwhThOQQ[/youtube]

The video doesn't really show his facial expression, but I really had the feeling Rosberg was raging inside starting at 0:25 until 0:40. His body language was so weird at that time.

Modern Senna/Prost story in the making!
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Shrieker

This can only come close. Both Senna and Prost were better drivers compared to their colleagues at the time. Today we have more world class drivers though. I would put Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Kimi, Rosberg and Hulkenberg in the same basket and have no qualms about it whatsoever. If i had a midfield or a backmarker team i would've loved to have at least one of the aforementioned behind the wheel.

Given Merc's advantage though, the fight between Hamilton and Rosberg will look very good, of that there is no doubt.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Emerson.F

rosberg 3 dnf
Hamilton- tyre blowout Silverstone and Bahrain wich damaged the floor. Cracked Chassis from Japan on..
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

dans79

Emerson.F wrote:
rosberg 3 dnf
Hamilton- tyre blowout Silverstone and Bahrain wich damaged the floor. Cracked Chassis from Japan on..
Silverstone 4th 12pts
Bahrain 5th 10pts
Also, other than Japan he still finished and got points, not to mention the chasis wasn't cracked from Japan on. The team assumed it was cracked in japan and replaced it befor Austin.
197 104 103 7

wunderkind

Bought the May 2014 issue of Motor Sport and it was a fantastic read.

Mark Hughes' article on the clever packaging of the Mercedes engine (specifically the layout of the compressor and the turbine), the cooling system, and the transmission was very detailed.

Ross Brawn's own account of his time in F1 is even better. There is a lot of new information and previously untold stories about his time in Ferrari, his relationship with Schumacher, the Honda/Brawn years, and the Mercedes years. Brawn himself said the following;

1) The Brawn GP championship-winning car was not designed with the double diffusor from the outset. The Willliams and Toyota also had it and they were beaten fair and square. Newey is adamant it was illegal until now.

2) The Mercedes engine proved to be better than the Honda engine.

3) The Mercedes GP team was slimmed down due to budgetry constraints and the imminent RRA (Resource Reduction Agreement) and the W02 and W03 was designed by a team of only 400.

4) Brawn began diverting resources to the 2014 W05 project early and that had some affects the 2011 and 2012 seasons. He brought in Aldo Costa, Geoff Willis, and many others.

5) Somewhere along the annus horribilis that was 2012. The Mercedes Board lost a bit of confidence in him as the results weren't coming through. Mercedes brought Niki Lauda and then Toto Wolff in to replace Norbert Haug. Toto told Brawn that Williams was operating on a large budget than Mercedes GP and that gave them the reason to go to the Mercedes Board for more money.

6) Toto hired Paddy Lowe to become the Technical Director with the promise of the Team Principal role later on. Brawn found this out from McLaren!!!! Brawn was obviously not impressed.

The name "McLaren" was mentioned a lot in the last couple of paragraphs. I think there is a good chance that Brawn may be going to McLaren after his sabbatical.

Multi21

Anyone get to watch the sky f1 show this week? Forgot the name of the guy but the one formerly from Cosworth when asked about who would win this year said Nico because he has a more cerebral approach and more mechanical sympathy. And Lewis would obviously lose out by being moody and his lack of mechanical sympathy would result in more DNFs for him. I think a drive like Malaysia tends to point towards some mechanical sympathy from Lewis' part and while it's true that in earlier years he was a hard charger that went just flat out fast, he has pulled back a bit. I would say starting in 2012. His edge of the seat driving still gives an edge in qualy speed but he knows when not to run his car ragged. I know some here will blast this as fanboyism but it's really weird the number of people who keep claiming that he is not a thinking driver.

NathanOlder

astracrazy wrote:
De Jokke wrote:
dans79 wrote:I like the new white Helmet. I'm a huge Senna fan, but if you want to be a great in your own right, you can't copy the signature of a previous great.
His helmet has nothing to do with senna :roll:
ye your right. The only helmet he has worn which has anything to do with Senna was his Brazil helmet one or two years ago

I like the new white though. Should of changed last year though imo (new start and all). But maybe he sees this year as the start
I think your find pretty much every helmet he wears has Senna in it. As he said to sky sports he has the padding inside made green just like Senna's was (Lewis' words) He had to find a special supplier to be able to copy Ayrton.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

De Jokke

I think your find pretty much every helmet he wears has Senna in it. As he said to sky sports he has the padding inside made green just like Senna's was (Lewis' words) He had to find a special supplier to be able to copy Ayrton.
True about the padding, but not about the helmet, it was that his dad wanted to spot him on track in his karting days (lewis' words). He admired Senna, true that, hence the padding, but the helmet is his own identity, not some copycat.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag