Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
pmneo

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

Nico said, that they did't have any Telemetry data from his car while race of China, and he had to tell them his Fuel info almost any round ...

But how could the FIA display the Fuel Consumption of Nico's car?

jbolenbaugh

pmneo wrote:Nico said, that they did't have any Telemetry data from his car while race of China, and he had to tell them his Fuel info almost any round ...

But how could the FIA display the Fuel Consumption of Nico's car?
Two telemetry systems. The team telemetry was down, FIA's was working. Bo77as had both systems go down and that could be seen by the FIA feed saying 0% fuel consumed for his car during race.

heimana

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

MacX wrote:In Barcelona mercedes will be have update?
rosberg said mercedes will bring updates in barcelona to extend the gap with the others teams (red bull, ferrari etc...)

siskue2005

LOL, I just noticed today that Lewis was actually emulating Vettel from last year :lol: :lol:

NathanOlder

I don't think he was emulating Vettel, he was just doing as most drivers do. Give the badge a pat, and say thanks. There's no way Lewis had Vettel in his mind when doing this.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Anon123

I don't think Lewis takes note of trivial things like this but recently he did say something that implied he wanted to demoralize Vettel the way he demoralized him and the rest of the field, can't find an article on it but it was quite recent.

siskue2005

Dude, please take it light heartily ....i was just making a comparison ;)
i didnt literally mean he was thinking Vettel's finger or Vettel's bull rubbing or Vettel's "Yeah Baby Whooo Hoooo"

NathanOlder

siskue2005 wrote:Dude, please take it light heartily ....i was just making a comparison ;)
i didnt literally mean he was thinking Vettel's finger or Vettel's bull rubbing or Vettel's "Yeah Baby Whooo Hoooo"
Oh ok, my bad. :oops:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Emerson.F

Anon123 wrote:I don't think Lewis takes note of trivial things like this but recently he did say something that implied he wanted to demoralize Vettel the way he demoralized him and the rest of the field, can't find an article on it but it was quite recent.
Proof or source or GTFO. I know for a fact that you just made that up.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Multi21

Anyone got any thought on how the Spanish crowd would react if Lewis won there? They haven't been the most welcoming of crowds to him and I remember people cheering when his tire exploded in 2010.

SweetApex

Multi21 wrote:Anyone got any thought on how the Spanish crowd would react if Lewis won there? They haven't been the most welcoming of crowds to him and I remember people cheering when his tire exploded in 2010.
Old news in my opinion, him and Fernando respect each other a lot more now compared to the years in which there was some conflict. Remember Fernando had more of an issue with Ron Dennis than Lewis anyway (Other than the Hungary qualifying incident).

Don't think the Spanish crowd would be as harsh as they were many years ago. Remember he did get pole here in 2012 (Although got sent to the back of the grid for having no fuel) but even if he won then, you can visibly see the attitude of fans in F1 have changed their opinion in the way they treat him to when he first came into F1.

NathanOlder

Yeah, The Spanish and British fans have a mutual enemy now in Red Bull. So I feel both sets of fans would rather see a Silver or Red car win instead of Red Bull.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Multi21

Very true as far as the respect between those two, sometimes it makes me think that they could be teammates again but that's obviously very far from likely.

kooleracer

Does anyone who the Mercedes test/development/simulator drivers are this year? Last year we had Sam Bird, Brandon Hartley and Davidson (Kubica).
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

MercedesAMGSpy

kooleracer wrote:Does anyone who the Mercedes test/development/simulator drivers are this year? Last year we had Sam Bird, Brandon Hartley and Davidson (Kubica).
Jazeman Jaafar.