Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Helios

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

SectorOne wrote:How much do you really know about Hamilton´s private life? Media has created this false image that he´s so open with everything.

You know he likes music
You know he has a dog
And a celebrity girlfriend.

But what do you really know about him? I don´t know anything frankly.
I know about the ongoing on-off relationship with his girlfriend for example. :D

FoxHound

Helios wrote:I know about the ongoing on-off relationship with his girlfriend for example. :D

I don't see Hamilton as an attention seeker, he likes a girl that is a pop star, that's why you know about his on-off relationship with his lady.
People lap it up, and that is why there will still be a steady torrent of news based around this.
But if you like or love someone, I don't see why you should pander to the perceptions of F1 fans to "fit" into a pidgeon hole.
Other than Raikkonen, I don't see any other driver being his own man like Hamilton is. Even then I think we will see a stifled Raikkonen this year relative to the last 2 years.

I reckon if the driver is in the news for being on holiday or snapped with his bird in some club or that they have had a tiff...turn the page and forget about it. Life is too short and it actually detracts from what he really does, to drive quick as hell!
JET set

Gridlock

Fame is a curse. Fame is a blessing.

Back to Merc...

mantikos

Where was Geoff Willis during the launch this morning?

dominaze

I recall Merc looking for a race strategist. Dos anyone know if they've found one? Assuming that strategy will be a key factor this year and Ross being gone, this would be the area where they need to work on

Shrieker

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

Not very inspiring to see a front wing failure on the first day. Supposedly, Merc have spent more time/resources on the 2014 car than any other. One expects them to have done their homework on the test rig/shaker /wind tunnel properly...

Still, better on test day rather than race day.
Last edited by Shrieker on 28 Jan 2014, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SilverArrow10

Rosberg is back in his old yellow style helmet today.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Dyanxx

SilverArrow10 wrote:Rosberg is back in his old yellow style helmet today.
You sure? this picture was taken today.

SilverArrow10

It did look like it. But I've just seen another image of him wearing the black one along with yours. swear it was that light yellow he had last year. Maybe Im wrong.

Edit: He did have his old helmet on earlier. Something to do with wet weather running according to there twitter.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Dyanxx

SilverArrow10 wrote:It did look like it. But I've just seen another image of him wearing the black one along with yours. swear it was that light yellow he had last year. Maybe Im wrong.

Edit: He did have his old helmet on earlier. Something to do with wet weather running according to there twitter.
Oh I see, fair enough.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

diego.liv

I think Rosberg himself (last year maybe?) was speaking about not changing helmet design, because it's something personal that stays with you your whole career..and here we go

Cocles

diego.liv wrote:I think Rosberg himself (last year maybe?) was speaking about not changing helmet design, because it's something personal that stays with you your whole career..and here we go
Never underestimate the power of a spouse suggesting you wear something different.

diego1960

At least he got rid of that awful bright yellow helmet. The wife has good taste :mrgreen:
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

danielk

Is it me or are Merc doing a hell of allot more publicity this year? they seem to be trying to make a mark, more active in the public eye, lots of videos being done. I believe they think they are on to something good.