Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NewtonMeter

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

De Jokke wrote:How many more races to seal the deal (wcc)? 5-7 ?
My first reaction was, depends on how smooth the races go. Anther Canada or so, could hamper their conquest. But I think as little as another three 1-2s on the trot could fatally demoralize the most stoic of competitors.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

WaikeCU

For me the Constructor's title is already up for grabs. They have more than double the amount of points of seconds place Red Bull. I doubt we suddenly see a swap of teams who will reign the field for the remaining races. I can't see constant Red Bull's 1-2's happening with Mercedes only scraping by some points for the remainders of the season. But Mercedes are German and Germans always think team first. That's their vision. Just look at their national football team and you know enough.

mclaren_mircea

WaikeCU wrote:For me the Constructor's title is already up for grabs. They have more than double the amount of points of seconds place Red Bull. I doubt we suddenly see a swap of teams who will reign the field for the remaining races. I can't see constant Red Bull's 1-2's happening with Mercedes only scraping by some points for the remainders of the season. But Mercedes are German and Germans always think team first. That's their vision. Just look at their national football team and you know enough.
Mclaren has a more german view on the things than Mercedes. Mclaren's culture under Ron Dennis guidance was always obssesed with the details and meticulosity and organisation like a pure teutonic team. Mercedes has the german appeareance with the german flag on the car, but Mclaren's essence and soul has pure german DNA. Remember the corporatist and strictly athmosphere Ron Dennis inculated at Mclaren for decades. They didn't let Hamilton to retain his throphies, because at Mclaren only the team counts. This is why he went to a more liberal team with private jet, Roscoe, rapper cap style, keeping his trophies. At Mclaren he was like in an army with a standard sport cap with Mclaren's sponsors on it. Regarding the team, Mclaren always put in front the team's interests and equality between the drivers, long before Mercedes returned in F1. The apetite for excesive engineering, cold and clinical brand are Mclaren's atributes for ages. Mclaren Technology Center and all their futuristic vision about the facilities and looking at every detail is making Mclaren as the most germanic team. I see Mclaren more like a Bayern Munich and Mercedes more like a Real Madrid or Manchester United.

WaikeCU

mclaren_mircea wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:For me the Constructor's title is already up for grabs. They have more than double the amount of points of seconds place Red Bull. I doubt we suddenly see a swap of teams who will reign the field for the remaining races. I can't see constant Red Bull's 1-2's happening with Mercedes only scraping by some points for the remainders of the season. But Mercedes are German and Germans always think team first. That's their vision. Just look at their national football team and you know enough.
Mclaren has a more german view on the things than Mercedes. Mclaren's culture under Ron Dennis guidance was always obssesed with the details and meticulosity and organisation like a pure teutonic team. Mercedes has the german appeareance with the german flag on the car, but Mclaren's essence and soul has pure german DNA. Remember the corporatist and strictly athmosphere Ron Dennis inculated at Mclaren for decades. They didn't let Hamilton to retain his throphies, because at Mclaren only the team counts. This is why he went to a more liberal team with private jet, Roscoe, rapper cap style, keeping his trophies. At Mclaren he was like in an army with a standard sport cap with Mclaren's sponsors on it. Regarding the team, Mclaren always put in front the team's interests and equality between the drivers, long before Mercedes returned in F1. The apetite for excesive engineering, cold and clinical brand are Mclaren's atributes for ages. Mclaren Technology Center and all their futuristic vision about the facilities and looking at every detail is making Mclaren as the most germanic team. I see Mclaren more like a Bayern Munich and Mercedes more like a Real Madrid or Manchester United.
Are Mercedes managed by Germans, but based in England? If so, still, their vision short/long term and plans for the future are made by Germans I think.

Tbh, I think Real Madrid or Manchester United are more like Red Bull. They are way more extravagant and commercial looking. See it as: Mercedes are like Stuttgart *badum tish* Used to be successful, had been dreadful for years and are now back successful again after good investments and great transfers. Sort of...

Maybe the partnership with Mercedes has fueled the cold, scientific, attention to detail that the very Mclaren nowadays are. But still, they seem very British in the sense that they strive in winning championships, drivers' championships especially. Not like Mercedes nowadays stating that they need to seal the constructors title first and then focus on the drivers' championship.

Thunder

The biggest difference between Macca and Merc in this regard is the Philosophy of RD versus Toto Wolff/Nikki Lauda. RD is a control Freak whereas the Merc guys give their Drivers more Freedom (In Lewis' case i'm sure that Freedom is even writtten down in his Contract) but keep them absolutely aware not to Cross a certain Line.
Wolff himself said that at the Moment everything is good, but as the fight for the WDC will continue over the Season it may be possible for them to Step up and clearly put Hamilton and Rosberg in their Place for the Team's sake.

To me it's just the difference between a Team that with RD has soo much experience with Top Drivers fighting each others keeping things on the safe Side (McLaren) and a newer Team that is still on it's way to find the Way to handle things on their own Way (Merc). While the Team thinking at McLaren may be a bit stronger i'm sure both Mercedes and McLaren are equally highly professional behind the scenes. It really boils down to RD vs. Wolff/Lauda.

Also as a German a don't really like the "that's German'ish because it's seemingly unemotional and purely to the Point". We are not like that. We have feelings and a Heart. :D Granted we like Perfection but we put a lot of Soul in it to achieve that. :twisted:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Kiril Varbanov

Access All Areas - Non Destructive Testing (NDT):

Pierce89

mclaren_mircea wrote:
The amount of money Mclaren spends on "image" doesn't seem very German to me. My last name is Wiederecht, and much of my family is still in Germany, so I feel I know "German" pretty well.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

mclaren_mircea

Congratulations Mercedes Amg F1
Last edited by mclaren_mircea on 25 Jun 2014, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

thomin

Could we please ditch these national stereotypes?
Seriously, to be successful in F1, being methodical is a prerequisite. From there, it's a matter of getting the best talent and being able to spend the money these people need in order to do the best job they can.

FoxHound

:twisted:
JET set

mclaren_mircea

Are there any news about Ellis and Wood? We found in December 2013 that they will leave Red Bull and will start the work at Mercedes in June 2014. But I didn't found a single word about starting the work at Mercedes. Did Red Bull tried to stop them as they did with Dan Fallows? On linkedin they appear still at Red Bull.

wunderkind

mclaren_mircea wrote:Are there any news about Ellis and Wood? We found in December 2013 that they will leave Red Bull and will start the work at Mercedes in June 2014. But I didn't found a single word about starting the work at Mercedes. Did Red Bull tried to stop them as they did with Dan Fallows? On linkedin they appear still at Red Bull.
Mark Ellis was filmed with Toto Wolff a lot in the pit garage during the Austrian race weekend.

mclaren_mircea

wunderkind wrote:
mclaren_mircea wrote:Are there any news about Ellis and Wood? We found in December 2013 that they will leave Red Bull and will start the work at Mercedes in June 2014. But I didn't found a single word about starting the work at Mercedes. Did Red Bull tried to stop them as they did with Dan Fallows? On linkedin they appear still at Red Bull.
Mark Ellis was filmed with Toto Wolff a lot in the pit garage during the Austrian race weekend.
Thanks.

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

wunderkind

uniqlo to mclaren?