Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

SectorOne wrote:Say hello to Hugo BOSS,

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09073
So the German brand is coming to Mercedes? :mrgreen:

Edit: By the way I've seen some models dressed in Hugo Boss doing stuff for Mercedes. So that was where it all started somehow...
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

jericho

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

So, Red Bull doesn't have a car that's fast enough so they can catch the Mercedes this year. This the circuit it should happen for them..
In the early stage of the race, when Hamilton was in 2nd place, the Mercedes cars were 2 seconds (!!!) a lap faster than any other car... They can build a gap and cruise. The only thing this year will be breakdowns, who will have them and when..

A mercedes driver will be WC, but i think it will be decided in the last race

beelsebob

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

jericho wrote:So, Red Bull doesn't have a car that's fast enough so they can catch the Mercedes this year. This the circuit it should happen for them..
In the early stage of the race, when Hamilton was in 2nd place, the Mercedes cars were 2 seconds (!!!) a lap faster than any other car... They can build a gap and cruise. The only thing this year will be breakdowns, who will have them and when..

A mercedes driver will be WC, but i think it will be decided in the last race
I'm pretty sure Mercedes' advantage today was exaggerated by the fact that it was the McLarens chasing them. Once the Williams and the Ferrari got into clean air they too were lapping much faster than the McLaren.

jericho

But that was allready further in the race, so the Merc's would have been faster also

beelsebob

jericho wrote:But that was allready further in the race, so the Merc's would have been faster also
Either way, it shows that the Williams and Ferrari had substantially more pace than the McLaren, so the 2.5 second gap could have been substantially less had they not been racing the McLaren.

jericho

beelsebob wrote:
jericho wrote:But that was allready further in the race, so the Merc's would have been faster also
Either way, it shows that the Williams and Ferrari had substantially more pace than the McLaren, so the 2.5 second gap could have been substantially less had they not been racing the McLaren.
2.5 seconds? per lap? I only saw the laptimes being 2 seconds a lap faster in the first stint, and that was when Nico and Hamilton were pushing. The Williams was faster than the Mclaren, but nowhere near as fast as the Mercedes. They still have, in race pace, over 1.5 seconds a lap..

WaikeCU

Pretty mad really... When Rosberg retired Hamilton took the lead and continued to build the gap over the rest of the field. The gap between Hamilton and Bottas was enormous. After Hamilton made his second stop, he still had enough time to do another stop and come out in front of the Williams.

Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

astracrazy

WaikeCU wrote:Pretty mad really... When Rosberg retired Hamilton took the lead and continued to build the gap over the rest of the field. The gap between Hamilton and Bottas was enormous. After Hamilton made his second stop, he still had enough time to do another stop and come out in front of the Williams.
You'd have to imagine as well Hamilton turned everything down and nursed the car, so with that in mind there performance is quite impressive

Usually you get a car which is great over the one lap and off on race pace or the other way round. But currently they seem to have both bases covered.

Kingshark

Spa-Francorchamps will be the ultimate circuit made for the WO5. High speed sweeping corners, long straights, and Pirelli will probably bring the medium and harder compounds for the weekend.

The gap in Belgium could be up to 2.0 seconds in qualifying over the next best car.

As for Hockenheim and Hungary, I expect that Merc will have to fight a little harder. Maybe they'll only be 0.5-0.8 seconds/lap faster than the rest on those circuits.

kooleracer

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?i ... %3Aprimary

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/39831/ ... a-20-litri
Nice read about the development of fuel and lubricants, already started in 2011!

Eric G. Holthusen was called Dr.Fuel when he was at Shell he leads the F1 fuel & lubricants project for Petronas now. Mercedes and Petronas have done everything right it seems to succeed this year. The Newey of fuel technology :D.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Kiril Varbanov

Quality Control:

astracrazy

Kingshark wrote:Spa-Francorchamps will be the ultimate circuit made for the WO5. High speed sweeping corners, long straights, and Pirelli will probably bring the medium and harder compounds for the weekend.

The gap in Belgium could be up to 2.0 seconds in qualifying over the next best car.

As for Hockenheim and Hungary, I expect that Merc will have to fight a little harder. Maybe they'll only be 0.5-0.8 seconds/lap faster than the rest on those circuits.
Merc we way ahead in Monaco and Hungry is much the same style. Suzuka they should be pretty good at too.

atanatizante

Sorry for beeing so late and maybe off topic but I can't figure it out how on earth Rosberg did managed to finish the race in Canada, bearing in mind that he had no MGU-K and also had to save fuel ...
Wouldn't he run out off fuel even without saveing fuel?
Remember that the MGU-K failed at half distance race and he was instructed to save fuel from the lap 20 onwards ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Kiril Varbanov

Rosberg signs multi-year contract extension with Mercedes. Bild reporting Rosberg contract's extension until 2017 for a total of 55 million €.