Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
prince
prince

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

iotar__ wrote:
prince wrote:It was a very strong statement here from Aldo in regards to having Alonso at Merc, "...I don’t think we will see him at Mercedes. ...". In a way, it is like, "I would leave if he comes". :roll:
1. Strong as hell, there's nothing strong about it except for strongly selective quoting. Can you explain how can you translate, in a way or not, not expecting Alonso at Merc in 2015 into "I would leave if he comes" with rolling eyes, how?! Omitted part was Hamilton is staying.
2. Second and final bit about Merc in Turrini's blog Costa interview you remarkably managed to omit: he's more worried about RB than Ferrari for 2015.
3. Where the hell are bulk downvoting mental cases, ran out of votes on 2+2=4 in silly season or what?
Have you gone nuts? I have given the link to the whole story for anyone interested to know the whole stuff. I am putting across things that I felt more interesting to me. You like it, take it or leave it.

SectorOne

"Ross has been out since December, and time passes," he said. "Formula 1 is a fast business; I can't even remember last December. So, no disrespect to Ross, but that's old history.
shots fired :)

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... ard__Lowe/
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

xpensive
xpensive

There's to my mind a monumental misconception of Ross Brawn's input at Ferrari, that team was Jean Todt and Rory Byrne,
his job was limited to be MrM's ambassador to his preferred winners, just behold Mercedes' change of fortunes since he left?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

FW17

Paddy Lowe singing his praises once more

No sooner has he been telling the world that he has moved Mercedes on to the next level and that Brawn’s input finished in December so it’s all history now, then Paddy Lowe once again decides he is all that’s relevant to the Mercedes team effort.

With the shocking admission that it was he that transformed the Silver Arrows into the dominant force after taking the helm in December and the cars rolling out in Jerez barely two months later, he has now taken it upon himself to preach to the assembled journalists and preach from the Gospel according to Paddy.

If seasoned followers of Formula One could suspend belief for a moment, Mr Lowe claims that it is not the Mercedes power unit that is allowing the team to dominate – “These cars are about system performance, not individual elements. It’s about how you put it all together. It”s the power unit, the unit’s efficiency, the aerodynamics and how they are all put together. Our car is very quick but others using the same unti aren’t as quick.”

Believing in the power of sanctimonious speeches, he continued that he believed Ferrari and Renault’s difficulties would have been solved by now and it was the Mercedes team’s advancements which masked the progress made by the others: “A lot of the deficit has been on the power unit side, and you wonder how much of that is fundamental and how much is short-term issues they need to learn to manage. It’s difficult to know because we’re pushing in so many different areas and you don’t know which areas they’re pushing in. We’ve been concentrating on our own programme and we keep pushing hard to improve the car race by race – what turns out, turns out, but I’m happy we’re managing to maintain a good gap.”

Following the Malaysian Grand Prix earlier this year, Lowe proclaimed that the Mercedes success was directly attributable to the work Ross Brawn set down last year as he hadn’t been there to have made any impact on the car.

Four months later, the Paddy Lowe effect is beginning to be felt. The once hewn-from-granite Mercedes have become susceptible to small ailments that are impacting both qualifying and the races for their drivers and the predicted progress made by Renault and Ferrari still finds the four Mercedes powered teams occupying four of the top six places with only Mercedes powered cars having claimed pole position.

As winners of nine of the eleven races so far, only lapses in team race management has prevented a clean sweep allowing a fortuitous Ricciardo to steal victory from the team in Canada and Hungary.

Humility is obviously not a pre-requisite for employment as senior management within the Mercedes organisation but Brawn has conclusively proven the old adage “birds of a feather stick together.”

-TJ13

prince
prince

WilliamsF1 wrote:

Code: Select all

Paddy Lowe singing his praises once more

No sooner has he been telling the world that he has moved Mercedes on to the next level and that Brawn’s input finished in December so it’s all history now, then Paddy Lowe once again decides he is all that’s relevant to the Mercedes team effort.

With the shocking admission that it was he that transformed the Silver Arrows into the dominant force after taking the helm in December and the cars rolling out in Jerez barely two months later, he has now taken it upon himself to preach to the assembled journalists and preach from the Gospel according to Paddy.

If seasoned followers of Formula One could suspend belief for a moment, Mr Lowe claims that it is not the Mercedes power unit that is allowing the team to dominate – “These cars are about system performance, not individual elements. It’s about how you put it all together. It”s the power unit, the unit’s efficiency, the aerodynamics and how they are all put together. Our car is very quick but others using the same unti aren’t as quick.”

Believing in the power of sanctimonious speeches, he continued that he believed Ferrari and Renault’s difficulties would have been solved by now and it was the Mercedes team’s advancements which masked the progress made by the others: “A lot of the deficit has been on the power unit side, and you wonder how much of that is fundamental and how much is short-term issues they need to learn to manage. It’s difficult to know because we’re pushing in so many different areas and you don’t know which areas they’re pushing in. We’ve been concentrating on our own programme and we keep pushing hard to improve the car race by race – what turns out, turns out, but I’m happy we’re managing to maintain a good gap.”

Following the Malaysian Grand Prix earlier this year, Lowe proclaimed that the Mercedes success was directly attributable to the work Ross Brawn set down last year as he hadn’t been there to have made any impact on the car.

Four months later, the Paddy Lowe effect is beginning to be felt. The once hewn-from-granite Mercedes have become susceptible to small ailments that are impacting both qualifying and the races for their drivers and the predicted progress made by Renault and Ferrari still finds the four Mercedes powered teams occupying four of the top six places with only Mercedes powered cars having claimed pole position.

As winners of nine of the eleven races so far, only lapses in team race management has prevented a clean sweep allowing a fortuitous Ricciardo to steal victory from the team in Canada and Hungary.

Humility is obviously not a pre-requisite for employment as senior management within the Mercedes organisation but Brawn has conclusively proven the old adage “birds of a feather stick together.”

-TJ13
prince wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115181
http://en.espnf1.com/hungary/motorsport ... 69777.html

This is what Lauda and Toto have said after the race. They both agree that Nico didn't had the pace. The pit wall got "PANICKED" and that is what happens when you have inexperienced and immature leaders making decisions in a highly competitive environment.

When Mercedes eventually lose their dominant pace and becomes JUST COMPETITIVE, there will be more situations like these for PIT WALL to handle. Day by day, Paddy Lowe is fast becoming invisible from the leadership role and I guess he is just an YES BOSS MAN for Toto. It is pity that he aspired to take over the role from Ross Brawn. It is so common in the leadership world that, idiots not just long for taking over from more successful bosses, thinking that they can do better, but also screws up all the ingredients of success and bring it back to ground.
I was given a down vote for the statement that I made (above) a couple of pages back by some gentleman. I agree that my tone and use of language could be argued, but the underlying point continues to be proven right from the man himself, Mr. Lowe.

FoxHound

So TJ13 is trying to say that Canada and Hungary where lost due to the management ie Lowe?

If The Judge judges so, I reckon his judgement to be murky beyond belief. Maybe he just cut out the reality of the situation so as to make his verdict credible? Or he is gunning for the sensational story to whet our dry summer break?

Did he not realise that both cars in Canada had ERS-K failure?
Did he not factor in the safety car that killed Rosberg's race or the reliability issues Hamilton had in Hungary?

I'm guessing these did not crop up on his radar so as to spoil a nice little tale of Lowe.
JET set

Richard
Richard

IMHO TJ13 seems to revel in stirring up trouble rather than objective observations.

Similarly some of the posts in this thread leap to conclusions of incompetence combined with in-depth psychoanalysis based on a few comments in an interview.

FoxHound

richard_leeds wrote:IMHO TJ13 seems to revel in stirring up trouble rather than objective observations.
That's no lie!

This Judge is a law unto himself.
JET set

dans79

prince wrote: I was given a down vote for the statement that I made (above) a couple of pages back by some gentleman. I agree that my tone and use of language could be argued, but the underlying point continues to be proven right from the man himself, Mr. Lowe.
That's because the voting system encourages cowardice. Down voting would drop to nothing, if it started showing who down voted what. IMO, down voting is just a passive aggressive way of saying I don't like you.
197 104 103 7

FoxHound

Amongst the news we've had it seems Bob Bell is working with the Mercedes DTM team.
JET set

Kingshark
Kingshark

What a gap today over one lap in the wet, 2.126 seconds. Unbelievable. When was the last time one team was so much faster than anyone else in a qualifying session? Williams at Silverstone 1992?

I don't remember a qualifying gap this large since; although Williams at Australia '97 came close with a gap of 2.103 seconds.

The W05 is truly the Kraken.

adrianjordan

First off, please can we all avoid turning this into an argument over who was to blame etc, but in view of Toto Wolf's comments, what sanctions can Mercedes impose on Rosberg?

Could they impose severe team orders on him or even take him out of the car for a race?

I really can't see what they can realistically do that would have any meaning...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

FoxHound

Give Hamilton total freedom on strategy during the race.
Until the 18 point advantage Rosberg gained today is nullified.
JET set

SilverArrow10

I don't think they can or will do anything. Right now Rosberg is there best chance for a drivers championship. Their not going to stop him from scoring big points for the team. The only thing they can hope for is that Hamilton can even it out a bit. They have said they may consider team orders, but I doubt either driver would listen.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

FoxHound

The car advantage is such that they can impose instruction on the driver. I think todays events can also put into perspective how far Rosberg is prepared to go, and makes me think Monaco was engineered rather than a mistake.
JET set