Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

deterherligt wrote: Actually, i havn't seen any racedriver or commentator blame this on Hamilton at all. Everyone is saying it was Rosbergs fault. Have anyone blamed Hamilton then please enlighten me :wink:

I really don't know what Mercedes is gonna do now. However i don't think Paddy or Toto have done a bad job. In fact i think if Brawn was still around the exact same thing would have happened at some point, and would have been handled the exact same way.
That's what I was saying wasn't it? :wtf:

deterherligt
deterherligt

Diesel wrote:
deterherligt wrote: Actually, i havn't seen any racedriver or commentator blame this on Hamilton at all. Everyone is saying it was Rosbergs fault. Have anyone blamed Hamilton then please enlighten me :wink:

I really don't know what Mercedes is gonna do now. However i don't think Paddy or Toto have done a bad job. In fact i think if Brawn was still around the exact same thing would have happened at some point, and would have been handled the exact same way.
That's what I was saying wasn't it? :wtf:
Yeah i think my comment was more for NTS. Sorry about that :wink:

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

The issue Mercedes have is that any meaningful punishment such as taking Rosberg out of the car for a race would hurt them as a constructor as well. They may be willing to accept that to make their own point to the drivers.

Any punishment with regards to anything off track wouldn't really make an impact, which is what LH was alluding to.

The suggestion based on recent Mercedes comments is that they will impose team orders not allow on track fighting. They cold enforce this by saying that failure to comply with the team orders will then result in the driver sitting out a race. Given his qualifying record, this can only be bad for LH.

SilverArrow10

Like I said before I don't think either of them would listen to team orders and they wont let their two top guns out of the car because it would make the championship hollow if the guy who didn't step out won it. The team is in a sticky situation, but I cant see them doing anything about it.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

SectorOne

SilverArrow10 wrote:Like I said before I don't think either of them would listen to team orders
It´s easy to enforce,

Qualifying - put another 20kg´s in the car.
Race - wait 5 seconds before you start taking the tires of the car.

I can´t see Mercedes giving any penalty but those are two options that Rosberg has no control over.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

or could the team start breaking the FIA seals on gearboxes etc after quali? Like what Ferrari did in Texas to Massa to bump Alonso up and onto the better side of the grid?

CriXus
CriXus

SectorOne wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:Like I said before I don't think either of them would listen to team orders
It´s easy to enforce,

Qualifying - put another 20kg´s in the car.
Race - wait 5 seconds before you start taking the tires of the car.

I can´t see Mercedes giving any penalty but those are two options that Rosberg has no control over.
:D :D :D See what would be in the German press, after that. In what world do you live actualy? Oh, wait a second, are you Briton?
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

CHT
CHT

SilverArrow10 wrote:Like I said before I don't think either of them would listen to team orders and they wont let their two top guns out of the car because it would make the championship hollow if the guy who didn't step out won it. The team is in a sticky situation, but I cant see them doing anything about it.
There is no reason for them to do so actually. For LH, he is now 29 points behind, every race every point will be crucial for from now on even if there is double point at the last race. For Nico, this is perhaps the one and only chance to win the WDC, so he too will make sure he get the best out of every race.

I honestly think that Merc should stop trying too hard to impress the world with their driver management skills because both Toto and Niki are pretty much rookie when come to managing F1 team and drivers. They should just let nature take its course as long as one of them win the WDC.

majki2111

I just want to mention that Mercedes never really used 8th gear this season, not even in Spa... Monza maybe? Has someone else noticed that?

SectorOne

CriXus wrote::D :D :D See what would be in the German press, after that. In what world do you live actualy? Oh, wait a second, are you Briton?
Before you make posts make sure you read and fully understand it.
No i´m not British. But i bet you are German.
KeiKo403 wrote:or could the team start breaking the FIA seals on gearboxes etc after quali? Like what Ferrari did in Texas to Massa to bump Alonso up and onto the better side of the grid?
Can they break a seal without actually proving there´s something wrong with it?
If they can then yes that would be another option the drivers have no control over.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Hamilton said he would "have to make sure we're not racing wheel-to-wheel" to try and avoid any potential further conflict with championship leader Rosberg.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28934044

That's worrying. I don't see how he's going to avoid wheel-to-wheel racing with his championship rival, unless he agrees not to race his team mate... which would essentially be him saying he's thrown in the towel "for the good of the team". Unfortunately I think the only hope Hamilton has now is a string of DNFs for his team mate, which although possible, I think it's unlikely.

FW17

Diesel wrote:
Hamilton said he would "have to make sure we're not racing wheel-to-wheel" to try and avoid any potential further conflict with championship leader Rosberg.

That's worrying. I don't see how he's going to avoid wheel-to-wheel racing with his championship rival, unless he agrees not to race his team mate... which would essentially be him saying he's thrown in the towel "for the good of the team". Unfortunately I think the only hope Hamilton has now is a string of DNFs for his team mate, which although possible, I think it's unlikely.

Why assume LH will not start and finish in front of NR. NR is no SV when it comes to qualifying

dans79

deterherligt wrote:I was thinking, would Mercedes now stop the datasharing between Nico and Lewis? Would that meen that the fight would become more fair or even benefit Lewis as a punishment for Nico?

Just a thought, would this be feasible as a solution?
I think it would be a very feasible solution, though I think Nico would go off the deep end, as this would for sure hand the tittle to Lewis as far as I'm concerned.
197 104 103 7

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

WilliamsF1 wrote: Why assume LH will not start and finish in front of NR. NR is no SV when it comes to qualifying
But he has had the upper hand in qualifying for several races now. For whatever reason LH has not been able to produce the lap when it counts in qualifying.

dans79

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Diesel wrote:

Why assume LH will not start and finish in front of NR. NR is no SV when it comes to qualifying
His starts have also been very poor this year!
197 104 103 7