Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
seinfeld
seinfeld

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

CriXus wrote:
So, you are OK with Hamilton blocking Nico in Bahrain (Nico avoid the contact) and Hamilton literally pushed out of the track in Hungary on the last lap (Nico avoid the contact again)?

lewis was leading both of those occasions and is entitled to take the racing line unless nico is pretty much in line with Lewis front wheels (side by side) Then Lewis is entitled to squeeze him out. that is racing. The new always leave a space rule is bonkers mad. thats like saying hey. instead of taking my line and making sure I stay infront, I now have to compromise my corner and turn/exit just so he can have a chance. It's the stupidest rule in F1 (its in no other forms of Motorsport) except the rule if they have 3/4 of their car or the front wheels are in line with theirs then of course you cant run them off the road.

dans79

seinfeld wrote: lewis was leading both of those occasions and is entitled to take the racing line unless nico is pretty much in line with Lewis front wheels (side by side) Then Lewis is entitled to squeeze him out. that is racing.
Nico was just as aggressive, if not more so in Canada, so it's not like he can complain that much about being squeezed.
197 104 103 7

NoDivergence
NoDivergence

It's called closing the door. It's a racing defensive technique used since the beginning of motor racing. Perfectly legal for a car that is leading and defending from the inside line.

vin1658
vin1658

Peterwindsor's take on SPA incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EQBry3Fuy8

rscsr

I thought that someone posted a part of the reglement where it says that a significant part of the car is, when the front wing is at the rear wheel? And that would mean that Hamilton would need to leave the room.
Or as Alonso would say: You have to leave room all the time.

SectorOne

rscsr wrote:I thought that someone posted a part of the reglement where it says that a significant part of the car is, when the front wing is at the rear wheel? And that would mean that Hamilton would need to leave the room.
It does not apply in the corner. It is for the straight and braking zone.
Both of which Hamilton complied, (Magnussen for example did not, hence the penalty).
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton have agreed to postpone contract talks - and not approach other parties - until the intensity of the title battle calms down.

Hamilton is contracted at Mercedes until the end of 2015 but team-mate and title rival Nico Rosberg recently renewed on a multi-year deal. With the battle for the title set to become even more intense, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff said he had agreed to wait for a quieter time to continue negotiations with Hamilton.

"At this stage it is very intense and you have to stay concentrated on the season," Wolff said. "But one thing is for sure, we are not going to talk to anybody else before having a very clear situation about how we can continue to work with Lewis. This is what we said to each other."

With over a year left on the current contract, Wolff said both sides trust each other not to look elsewhere.

"We have no interest of having any other conversation with any other driver, and we are not having any, and Lewis is not having any discussion with any other team. That is why we trust each other. At the moment we need to be concentrated on the championship and not get involved in contractual discussions or intense discussions, because it is something that is one and a half years away from us."
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79

SectorOne wrote:
Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton have agreed to postpone contract talks - and not approach other parties - until the intensity of the title battle calms down.

Hamilton is contracted at Mercedes until the end of 2015 but team-mate and title rival Nico Rosberg recently renewed on a multi-year deal. With the battle for the title set to become even more intense, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff said he had agreed to wait for a quieter time to continue negotiations with Hamilton.

"At this stage it is very intense and you have to stay concentrated on the season," Wolff said. "But one thing is for sure, we are not going to talk to anybody else before having a very clear situation about how we can continue to work with Lewis. This is what we said to each other."

With over a year left on the current contract, Wolff said both sides trust each other not to look elsewhere.

"We have no interest of having any other conversation with any other driver, and we are not having any, and Lewis is not having any discussion with any other team. That is why we trust each other. At the moment we need to be concentrated on the championship and not get involved in contractual discussions or intense discussions, because it is something that is one and a half years away from us."
That's interesting, I bet Lewis is asking for contractual #1 status at this point in time, I know I would!
197 104 103 7

SilverArrow10

That also says that McLaren are not talking to Hamilton, if its true anyway.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

NTS
NTS

seinfeld wrote:The new always leave a space rule is bonkers mad. thats like saying hey. instead of taking my line and making sure I stay infront, I now have to compromise my corner and turn/exit just so he can have a chance.
If somebody is alongside of you on the exit you have already done something wrong while defending on entry. Closing the door as a defence is done earlier, not by pushing somebody off the track on the exit. If they are far enough alongside to cause a collision (not just a wing next to your wheel) you cannot let your car run wide and force them off the track.

Well... you can try, and if the other driver is a bit soft (like Rosberg was being careful with his teammate in Hungary) you will succceed. But if it comes to a full on collision with no space for the other driver left on the track you will get quite a big part of the blame.

adrianjordan

SilverArrow10 wrote:That also says that McLaren are not talking to Hamilton, if its true anyway.
Could be talking to his manager though... :wink:
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mikeerfol

adrianjordan wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:That also says that McLaren are not talking to Hamilton, if its true anyway.
Could be talking to his manager though... :wink:
To me it looks like the only top drivers they're looking are Vettel and Alonso.

mikeerfol

statuses->status

;)

turbof1

mikeerfol wrote:statuses->status

;)
And https:// in front. Apperently copying the url doesn't work anymore. I will have a chat with Steven later on.
#AeroFrodo