Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

jonaliew wrote:
Ganxxta wrote:Well, this year is officially over for Ferrari.

As sad as it is, but losing 32 seconds (!) in 10 laps to the Mercedes after the SC is 3.2s a lap slower (!), there is no way they can find anything to close that gap this year with the frozen engine.

Also they were both a sitting duck on the straights for all Mercedes powered teams, the FIs and Wiliams' could just breeze past them with ease :(

And they are also slower than the RedBulls :(
Your concluding that after 3 races? Maybe if this was the Europe part of F1 races, I give it to you. Let's see what Shanghai shows where the rumored China upgrades are coming.

I admit you can see that the F14T car lacks power. We were sitting ducks compared to mercedes party teams in defending.
Yes I do, as the championship is the only thing Ferrari should aim for every year I think its already over.
Besides the two Mercedes guys I don't see anyone coming even close, especially not the Ferraris.

Unless they find some "reliability" fixes on the powerunit or they ban something on the Mercs during this season, I can't see a magic upgrade from Ferrari to find more than 3.2 seconds.

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

If F14T is not on par with Merc by Silverstone, then Domenicalli should get the sack. I mean if they have to sacrifice 2014 to come up strong in 2015, the new Team Principal should come on board soon before the end of 2014...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Frafer
Frafer

mika vs michael wrote:If F14T is not on par with Merc by Silverstone, then Domenicalli should get the sack. I mean if they have to sacrifice 2014 to come up strong in 2015, the new Team Principal should come on board soon before the end of 2014...
Whitmarsh got the sack, and MC are still slower than every MB-powered team. A team principal isn't a engineer, neither a chief of them, there are 800 people working in Ferrari-f1 department and the problem is among them
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

Re: AW: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Frafer wrote:
mika vs michael wrote:If F14T is not on par with Merc by Silverstone, then Domenicalli should get the sack. I mean if they have to sacrifice 2014 to come up strong in 2015, the new Team Principal should come on board soon before the end of 2014...
Whitmarsh got the sack, and MC are still slower than every MB-powered team. A team principal isn't a engineer, neither a chief of them, there are 800 people working in Ferrari-f1 department and the problem is among them
I have the same opinion, Pat Fry for me is more responsible than Stefan Dominically, he is the technical leader.

Italiano
Italiano

A quote from Alonso after the GP:
"We have a test here, I will drive the two days and I won't rest until the situation changes."
Are Ferrari testing in Bahrain in the coming days?
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

mikeerfol

SchumacherM wrote:A quote from Alonso after the GP:
"We have a test here, I will drive the two days and I won't rest until the situation changes."
Everyone is testing I think. Ricciardo will drive for Red Bull.

Frafer
Frafer

Yep, like everyone else
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

shelly
shelly

Frafer wrote:
That's partly true, but a general manager / team principal should make sure that all the processes within the company are effective. Talent management is one of them - getting good people from outside, managing to keep good employees, making skilled enginners grow inside the company.
Costa was on the podium today
twitter: @armchair_aero

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

It's the team leaders the ones who put people at certain places. I know that when a ship goes down it is the captain who's responsible. That's why there is hierarchy in the teams. Those who are above have the power to control the ones that are below. Sorry but the Domenicalli administration has failed to offer a championship winning car for long time (6 years). The worst thing is that Ferrari can't keep a momentum they way they did in the 1996-1999 years or the way Mercedes did the last 3 years. They can't carry the momentum from one year to another. I think that 2014 is a pivotal year. If Ferrari after the re-structure can not at least improve or develop to close the gap then it's not certain people that are at fault. Pat Fry is being kept there by choice of Domenicalli. Anyway the team has the best driver line up and can't capitalise on that.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Italiano
Italiano

Frafer wrote:
Yep, like everyone else
Ah. Thanks.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Frafer
Frafer

Re: AW: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

I believe there have been some harsh-meetings inside SF, with people pointing finger against each other with a typical "italian style". Believe me or not, we are master about complaints here in Italy, and that's could be a problem: it is just pointless but honestly very common.
Secondly, we can all see that Domenicali have done a good work as regards PR and sponsors recruiting, and that's the real duty of a TP in my opinion. The crew member at the circuit is damn good (some performance at pit stop and at rapid-repairing are known to everyone in the circus), but we miss something inside the R&D department, and in my opinion is not domenicali's fault. Some say that Maranello is too much linked with university of modena and with people that are sons of former employed (just to avoid some secret inside SF being leaked), some say that engineers coming from England are way better that ours, i honestly dunno if we miss a genius director or a huge mass of good working baseline.
heidenreich27 wrote: I have the same opinion, Pat Fry for me is more responsible than Stefan Dominically, he is the technical leader.
I don't want to be rude, neither unpolite. But is anyone out in this forum that's able to write correctly Italian nouns? it's clear that i am not a English native speaker but anyway i don't write vuitmarsh or paddi lov or berni eclestone, i am far to be perfect with my english but i'm just trying my best with some google translating. Is that difficult to check a noun? I don't think so

WhiteBlue

Ganxxta wrote:Well, this year is officially over for Ferrari.
That is the impression one takes away from Bahrain. I wonder how long it will take Ron to lure Alonso to McLaren Honda.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

zeph
zeph

I think the rot starts at the top, with Montezemolo himself. He may be an astute political operator, but that is not always what you need to get a winning team.

If I understand correctly, he ousted Todt and Schu to solidify his own position, and in the wake of that Brawn and Byrne also left.

If that is indeed the case, it is difficult to imagine anything can really change until he is gone. Hope I am wrong, though. Alonso needs another WDC.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

:roll: :?
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Afterburner

I said it some pages behind and will say it again, ferrari needs someone to inspires them, a genius on the design team like Newey maybe, it's clear this team lacks inspiration and lack of confidence to gamble on the design. Nowadays the Scuderia looks like Man Utd missing their leader, it's just and ordinary team and when a team doesn't win changes need to be made, it's clear, it happens everywhere.

Regarding development, my worse fears have become reality, like i said it after Malaysia, Ferrari engine + PU are very weak, this won't be solved on a software upgrade for sure and closing 3 seconds.... 1 second is huge on F1, ferrari need to get at least 4 seconds until midseason to get some chances on this championship and that it's very very very complicated, not to mention the other teams that are developing already on a better rate than Ferrari.