Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Kansas
Kansas

Re: Ferrari F14T

nacho wrote:So basically Raikkonen fixed the handling problems he had by breaking the chassis? ;)
kimi told Ts that after qualifying that the car behave nicely in 1 corner, and badly in another. It felts weird.

Must be the damage of the chassis.

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

Thunders wrote:So AmuS reports Ferrari is done fore the day early after finding out that the Chassis is damaged.

They were using Raikkonens Car which apparently was already damaged in FP1 on Friday.

Edit Source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 98554.html
Bravo, Stefano! E allora?

I really cannot understand Montezemolo. In very recent times, incredibly talented and valuable staff members have left, or more accurately, were shown the way out, like Aldo Costa, Chris Dyer, Rob Smedley, etc, but he insists in keeping Domenicali in there, only God knows to do what... I'm sure that If I or any of the forum members did 5% of the mistakes S.D. makes on regular basis, we would all be mercilessly fired from our jobs.

I think it's time to put an engineer back as Team Principal, instead of the "Bussiness Administration Master" of Domenicali.

Sorry, but I'm very pissed off about the matter… :evil: :evil: :evil:

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: R: Ferrari F14T

charlex wrote:
Thunders wrote:So AmuS reports Ferrari is done fore the day early after finding out that the Chassis is damaged.

They were using Raikkonens Car which apparently was already damaged in FP1 on Friday.

Fantastic!! Well done Domenicali!!! rofl

The team was fully aware Kimi's car was damaged in Bahrain. They fixed the caliper that broke and repaired the damage to the chassis although it was not considered serious. This morning the team noticed the repair was no longer holding up so they decided to not chance continuing to run the car. The car will now be x-rayed before going to China.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/36558/ ... o-riparato

RZS10

So they can't just use the other car? Or is it already on it's way home?

Kansas
Kansas

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
charlex wrote:

The team was fully aware Kimi's car was damaged in Bahrain. They fixed the caliper that broke and repaired the damage to the chassis although it was not considered serious. This morning the team noticed the repair was no longer holding up so they decided to not chance continuing to run the car. The car will now be x-rayed before going to China.

Depends on how you define repair.....

.poz
.poz

RZS10 wrote:So they can't just use the other car? Or is it already on it's way home?
it's forbidden by rules. Every team can use only one car in test days.

charlex

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
charlex wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE... I've never seen this team go so wrong

dobbster71

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Why use Kimi's chassis in the first place? Makes no sense!
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

radosav
radosav

dobbster71 wrote:Why use Kimi's chassis in the first place? Makes no sense!
It is Kimi's mechanics turn to attend test, so they used Kimi's car cause they take care of it.

dobbster71

I'm sure that Kimi's mechanics would know their way around Fred's chassis, no?
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

321apex
321apex

C Plinius Secundus wrote:

Bravo, Stefano! E allora?

I really cannot understand Montezemolo. In very recent times, incredibly talented and valuable staff members have left, or more accurately, were shown the way out, like Aldo Costa, Chris Dyer, Rob Smedley, etc, but he insists in keeping Domenicali in there, only God knows to do what... I'm sure that If I or any of the forum members did 5% of the mistakes S.D. makes on regular basis, we would all be mercilessly fired from our jobs.

I think it's time to put an engineer back as Team Principal, instead of the "Bussiness Administration Master" of Domenicali.

Sorry, but I'm very pissed off about the matter… :evil: :evil: :evil:
Amen!
Few quotes:
"Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali says team must learn from failure"
"Stefano Domenicali says that Ferrari has to keep pushing to improve the F138 in order to maintain its championship challenge."

It is disgraceful for any team principal to frequently speak of his team in 3rd person, as in "IT" or "THEY" in the context of encountered troubles.
In such instances he often disjoints himself from issue by pontificating - "Ferrari must this or that", as opposed to "WE must do this or that". Not to mention that he is a master of propagating and explaining embarrassingly low expectations.

Seeing Domenicalli there for so long I doubt whether Montezemolo is smart enough to lead Scuderia, since it is up to him to select the team principal.

The_Mauler
The_Mauler

There is something fundamentally wrong with the red team!

And It´s about time to acknowledge the great Michael Schumacher once and for all as the greatest of them all!

Ferrari had a great period with supremo Michael Schumacher and everybody should know why!
It took Ferrari 5 years (1996 - 1999) to reach total domination 2000 - 2004 with Schumacher behind the wheel 1996 - 2006, still it was very close 1997,1998,1999.
He managed to build a succesfully team within Ferrari.

2005 - 2006 Ferrari lost to Renault partly depending on change of rules. But Ferrari did it again 2007 and 2008 but without Schumacher.
After that the effect of the Schumacher era was gone and most of Schumachers key persons also had left the building, Ferrari now struggles day and night without getting it right. And it´s not the budget....It´s the management, pure and simple!

The Ferrari dominance had a very strong connection to Schumacher himself and the key persons he surrounded himself with, there is no doubt what´s missing in the red team today!

Now. It took Mercedes 5 years to reach domination with Schumacher in the team for 3 important years.

Wake up Ferrari, do something radical! Do a Schumacher or lose.

Alonso and Raikkonen are fast drivers but none of them can solve the problem, and obviously they aint no Michael Schumacher.

321apex
321apex

The_Mauler wrote:There is something fundamentally wrong with the red team!

And It´s about time to acknowledge the great Michael Schumacher once and for all as the greatest of them all!

Ferrari had a great period with supremo Michael Schumacher and everybody should know why!
It took Ferrari 5 years (1996 - 1999) to reach total domination 2000 - 2004 with Schumacher behind the wheel 1996 - 2006, still it was very close 1997,1998,1999.
He managed to build a succesfully team within Ferrari.
Alonso and Raikkonen are fast drivers but none of them can solve the problem, and obviously they aint no Michael Schumacher.
I would add, that Schumacher contributed more than driving.
He understood how team functions from the technical perspective of brains and hard work. He knew what strengths the team needed to have and in which areas and worked on it behind the scenes. He was instrumental in selecting/assembling the key group of people at Maranello under the helm of Ross and Jean.

Turning Ferrari around today will be no easy task.
Eric Boullier offers the best set of managerial and cultural qualities. If Ferrari went in the direction of hiring English gentlemen, it will take them another 3-5 years to get used to living in Italy before the whole thing would start to gel.

These days, the "Schumacher influence" will be diminished or be impossible. Drivers have much less impact than before and as such their "breeding" of racing driver personality causes them to be much less egotistical than before. Most of them just shut up and are happy to get a paid ride at all.

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

Idk if I should mention it here, someone asked dominically what his responsive is to the people who wants a replacemebt for him at ferrari, and he said this:

Dont worry I will work for atleast 3-5 Years here in the same position.

I think it was on formula1.com

Rikhart
Rikhart

I think people are mistaking Jean todt with michael schumacher ;)