Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hail22

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

beelsebob wrote:
heidenreich27 wrote:F1pitlane twitter
And what's their source?
http://www.imagination.com :lol:

Lets be realistic, there is systemic cultural problems in Fiorano. Ferrari are like Mclaren of 2013, now its up to them to decide what action must be taken in order to remedy the problems they've been plagued with. (my humble opinion is they should write off 2014 and focus on 2015)

For me its Ferrari as a whole that needs to rethink and restructure itself from its deep roots right to the most flimsy of leaves to make positive change.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Frafer

Hail22 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
And what's their source?

Lets be realistic, there is systemic cultural problems in Fiorano. Ferrari are like Mclaren of 2013, now its up to them to decide what action must be taken in order to remedy the problems they've been plagued with. (my humble opinion is they should write off 2014 and focus on 2015)

For me its Ferrari as a whole that needs to rethink and restructure itself from its deep roots right to the most flimsy of leaves to make positive change.
Lets be realistic, i don't think they are gonna making what you wrote down. For this year championship they are gonna focus on areo and maybe software(if there's potential in it) to the last race, because i'm pretty sure the chassis for the oncoming year 'll be quite the same (and also obviously the aero rules), just like f2012 and f138. On the other hand their engine department will work 24/7 (probably is working) in order to make a competitive engine to give at the f15 T all the chances to win the championship.
Ferrari already overcome a big revolution at the middle of 2012 (when they were actually working on 3 projects, 663, 664, 665), i'm pretty confident they aren't going to do another. Maybe someone will be replaced, someone fired, but no way they are gonna restart from the roots.
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

Forza Ferrari

Hail22 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
And what's their source?

what you write could be useful IF the team would have the ability to improve from one year to another..
remember 2005: the team who build one of the best car of F1 history(F2004) got it all wrong for that year but by switching early on to the following car, they managed to regain their performanceand fight for the championship right to the very last race.
What i'm saying is that even the most clever people can make mistakes sometimes. After all, they are just human.
But back in the days, they had a real team to lead Ferrari to success.they were the best.

But now ?? what's would be the point to start focusing on 2015 early on, if the management and/or the people who lead the project are the same that built F14 T ??
they will just built another shitty car and start finding excuses or try to change the rules of F1( which is quite embarassing to witness)...

charlex

Re: R: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

heidenreich27 wrote:Breaking news: domically until spain or he gets fires.

Brawn or Briatore for replacement
we were all waiting for so long loooong time this moment. tnx for the news

rich1701

Ferrari's failure to upgrade its wind tunnel and thus have good correlation has in my view cost them a title or 2 in recent years. Particularly 2012. In contrast, Mclaren had 1 year of disruption on track when building heir technology centre back in 2003/4. Ferrari's wind tunnel issues lasted for years. Even Sauber had a more advanced wind tunnel built for 2004/5.

Ferrari's dominance in this period generated complacency in infrastructure reform. They have been slow to change. And they have paid the price. Traditionally Ferrari have built a strong engine and I thought in 2009 their KERS integration was strong. The fact that they are now struggling in this area too is very disappointing. It's right heads will role for this.

The_Mauler

Hail22 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
And what's their source?

what you write could be useful IF the team would have the ability to improve from one year to another..
remember 2005: the team who build one of the best car of F1 history(F2004) got it all wrong for that year but by switching early on to the following car, they managed to regain their performanceand fight for the championship right to the very last race.
What i'm saying is that even the most clever people can make mistakes sometimes. After all, they are just human.
But back in the days, they had a real team to lead Ferrari to success.they were the best.

But now ?? what's would be the point to start focusing on 2015 early on, if the management and/or the people who lead the project are the same that built F14 T ??
they will just built another shitty car and start finding excuses or try to change the rules of F1( which is quite embarassing to witness)...[/quote]

Yes, Ferrari failed to build a competitive car at 2005. But according to the major rule change that came into force 2005 and the long period of dominace, it was no surprise. Changes to front wing, rear wing, diffuser and some other bodywork changes, resulted in a loss of estimated 20% or more downforce. A harder tire was introduced to complete both qualifying and the race.The last year of V10 but now it had to last for 2 race weekends.

Other teams (Renault) did 2004 like Mercedes did last year, focused early on, on the next years car.

You don´t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out why Ferrari failed then but it does not explain to the slightest extent why Ferrari fails now. So I agree, it´s a clear mistake to compare these 2 different situations and draw the same conclusion.

Ferrari hasn´t built a competitive car since 2009. But for bad or for worse, the driver genious Alonso is how strange it may sound, part of the problem. He has partially concealed the bad situation and saved Ferrari from a total disaster. With an ordinary driver, the disaster would have been bigger and more obvious to everyone. One could say that a driver like Alonso has postponed a powerfull reaction to this mess.

The problems of today are probably more of structural nature than anything else. And they seems to be blinded to it. And like a fool repeats the same words over and over again, year after year, - we are now working flat out 24/7 and trying to find more speed, but trying aint good enough.

I feel truly sorry for Alonso and to some extent for Raikkonen. The car is not only very slow, it´s also very ugly, to know that they still are behind the Red Bull but also knowing that they are hopelessly behind Mercedes!

I´m afraid that when Ferrari ultimately recovers, Alonso is long gone, what a waste for such an brilliant driver.
Last edited by The_Mauler on 11 Apr 2014, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

scuderiafan

Alonso, Ferrari's martyr.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

321apex

Keeping Massa for so long was also a method to keep the lid on high expectations.

kaido

Hail22 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
And what's their source?

I don't see why writing off 2014 and focussing on 2015 is even possible for the team. 2015 will be an evolution of 2014, therefore they need to continue to close the gap. If not they will start 2015 behind, each year the team builds on it's previous seasons, if you are behind by 1 second at the end of the season you can't expect to magically close that gap.

Of course at some point in the season there is the option to push more development time to the 2015 car, But that comes later in the year. Unless they can understand why 2014 isn't working they won't be able to do well in 2015

Kiril Varbanov

Respected French F1 journalist Jean Louis Moncet is suggesting that there might be a reshuffling announcement soon at Ferrari. Good time to re-check your sources.

An update: Leo Turini reports that Stefano Domenicali has resigned with Marco Mattiacci taking over.
http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2014 ... mattiacci/

Ferrari has no comment so far.

alexx_88

It doesn't sound like a few weeks interim-job before Brawn or Briatore take over. Or does it?

F1NAC

President & CEO at Ferrari North America

has he some experience in motorsport?

siskue2005

Why would anyone want Briatore? Even after he was banned by the FIA over dodgy business :?

FJH1979

Seems you guys were right, according to journalist Sahsa Martinengo Stefano Domenicali has resigned as Ferrari team Principal.

EDIT : :oops: I just saw someone mentioned it earlier. Apologies.

kaido

F1NAC wrote:President & CEO at Ferrari North America

has he some experience in motorsport?
that blog says he has no motorsport experiences