Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Unc1eM0nty

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Emerson.F wrote:Mattiacci was in command of the Division America. A man highly esteemed in Maranello and even more so in Turin. He has no racing experience. :?
This guy is a salesman, they just want an administrator in place until they decide which way to go, I'm guessing they will go with a head of technical and a head of business/team, like the Mercedes set up.

They need to be brave and take their time, no use jumping to appoint someone who's not right in the long term, I doubt they can salvage this season anyway so they have nothing to loose.

Xwang

Well SD finally has gone. I hope they choose a correct person. Moreover ff they will choose Briatore I'll stop to follow and support them.

321apex

This move was a face saver for Montezemolo. Getting rid of SD he tries to prove to be smart and in control. Too bad his move is not only 4 years too late, but happens at a very wrong time of the year/season.

Has he hired a replacement whose pedigree in the paddock was respected and/or whose accomplishments in F1 could have given hope of looming positive changes?
None of these appears to be the case. Maybe this new man is good in selling tin, but is it enough to set Ferrari F1 team on new and proper footing? We may start placing bets.

I fear a very disastrous 2014 season for Scuderia with little hope of a better 2015.

diffuser

321apex wrote:This move was a face saver for Montezemolo. Getting rid of SD he tries to prove to be smart and in control. Too bad his move is not only 4 years too late, but happens at a very wrong time of the year/season.

Has he hired a replacement whose pedigree in the paddock was respected and/or whose accomplishments in F1 could have given hope of looming positive changes?
None of these appears to be the case. Maybe this new man is good in selling tin, but is it enough to set Ferrari F1 team on new and proper footing? We may start placing bets.

I fear a very disastrous 2014 season for Scuderia with little hope of a better 2015.

I still don't know what those 2 do. As far as I'm concerned the car is in the hands of Fry and Allison. Who is in charge of the PU, I don't know, but it's appropriately named cause it stinks :lol: . The Aero and chassis don't looks far off....

But if they can't fix the PU soon, the season will be sunk. They'll be dead in races like Canada and Italy.

heidenreich27

Re: AW: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

hollus wrote:
heidenreich27 wrote:...The engine software updated was already implemented in Bahrain with new Gear Ratios...
This is not true. A video of Raikkonen in quali in Bahrain shows the same gear ratios Ferrari had in Malaysia.
Yes its true about räikonnen , but alonso had the software upgrade.

Dark times are coming

Ganxxta

Re: AW: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

heidenreich27 wrote:
hollus wrote:
heidenreich27 wrote:...The engine software updated was already implemented in Bahrain with new Gear Ratios...
This is not true. A video of Raikkonen in quali in Bahrain shows the same gear ratios Ferrari had in Malaysia.
Yes its true about räikonnen , but alonso had the software upgrade.

Dark times are coming
So Kimi had a broken chassis, worse PU Software, however still managed to qualify in-front of ALO and finish just behind him?

Then I wouldn't call it a "upgrade".

Dark times are coming: Chinas long straight with a fast corner ahead of it?

Sevach

f1universe wrote:So Domenicali v2 or is just temporary?.
Trying to find a new Briatore instead.

Rikhart

I believe that if you watch the ferrari documentary about the development of this years engine, you can go a long way in understanding what´s wrong over at maranello. Very old engineers, and at places of leadership, everyone looks tired, unhealthy, their body language is one of depression, lack of drive. I cringed several times watching that tbh... There is a very downbeat feeling throughout.

max_speed

i think that rumors about ross brawn becoming team principal can be true. he is the man ferrari need at the moment.
i would be hardly surprised to see "SalesGuy" continuing as Team principal throughout the season. i am just bracing myself for next announcement.as someone else too pointed out , few engineers should also be sacked and pat fry should be on top.

Cam

While I'm not a Ferrari fan per se, I can appreciate what they are and it's very sad to see where they are today. As I have not followed the team closely, it's difficult to comment on the internal workings and what might be to blame for the results. What I can suggest, purely from an external viewpoint - is that Ferrari never seem to 'push the boundaries'. You never see them hauled to the stewards to explain a contentious invention, or a flexi wing, or a hole in the floor, or a suspension innovation.... nothing. There's no 'bending' of the regulations, no 'interpretations' of rules.

They are so, safe. Only a family car should be that safe.

Personally, I hope to see more parts on the car being banned and a few more appeals to the FIA - sure, they'll loose a few races, but that would show me they are pushing the boundaries as far as some other teams. That's todays standard.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

NormalChris

Cam wrote:Personally, I hope to see more parts on the car being banned and a few more appeals to the FIA - sure, they'll loose a few races, but that would show me they are pushing the boundaries as far as some other teams. That's todays standard.
I agree. I believe it was the Ferrari issue of F1 Racing magazine from 07 or 08 that stated that Ferrari would definitely decline over the coming years because of the huge personnel change from multi cultural to a preference towards almost exclusively nationals. I understand pride but I think they were blinded by arrogance as well.

Kiril Varbanov

NormalChris wrote: I agree. I believe it was the Ferrari issue of F1 Racing magazine from 07 or 08 that stated that Ferrari would definitely decline over the coming years because of the huge personnel change from multi cultural to a preference towards almost exclusively nationals. I understand pride but I think they were blinded by arrogance as well.
Let's agree to disagree. I have worked in both situations - with natives and across three continents, and both were extremely successful. Putting Italians on the back foot as engineers is discrimination. Having been at the factory myself, I can certainly tell there are a lot of non-Italian people as well. Let's remember today we have James Allison and Pat Fry over there, as well as Rory Byrne, Loic Bigois, David Sanchez, etc.

While I don't want to go down into details what their issues are (frankly, there are just a handful of people knowing that!), it's just a reminder that this isn't Italian pride only.

Update: I understand there are early sings of considering Ross Brawn, although it will be initially rejected.

MountainBiker

Cam wrote: What I can suggest, purely from an external viewpoint - is that Ferrari never seem to 'push the boundaries'. You never see them hauled to the stewards to explain a contentious invention, or a flexi wing, or a hole in the floor, or a suspension innovation.... nothing. There's no 'bending' of the regulations, no 'interpretations' of rules.

They are so, safe. Only a family car should be that safe.
I totally agree, they are way too conservative in their approach to racing, the mentality is "you first have to finish" before you finish first. Some might argue that this season it's not be a bad idea due to worries about reliability, but it's the same every season.

Take the Mercedes split turbo innovation as an example, apparently this was an idea floated by the chassis team not the engine people, I'm willing to bet that the engine teams first response was that "it couldn't be done" but they did do it, they made it work. This highlights the advantage a works team has when they have long enough, a "whish list" if you like, worked on and discussed in great detail. Ferrari are the only other true works team and by rights should the 2nd fastest team.

ChrisM40

I agree that Ferrari want to be seen as reliable, but it does seem to hold them back. McLaren seem to be the opposite, they were often unreliable and it cost them wins, even championships, but they always tried to push.

Sombrero

"B"... like Berger, Brawn, Briatore or Bob Bell ! =D>

I wonder how long will Luca di Montezemolo stay in charge at Ferrari. You see "A" like Andrea Agnelli. :roll: