Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FoxHound

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Edited: Crimes against english.
Last edited by FoxHound on 12 Jul 2014, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
JET set

bhall II

One needn't wax poetic, though I would like some of what you're smoking.

Marmorini's designs have never won a race. Toyota's success during his tenure with the team speaks for itself, and, prior to this season, his work at Ferrari concerned merely refining the homologated Martinelli/Simon V8.

But, like I said before, it's sorta difficult to fault an individual whose expertise is in the design and manufacture of internal combustion engines for failing to get the most out of regulations that minimize the role of the internal combustion engine. The real fault lies with whoever put him in that position.

FoxHound

Was fun while it lasted.

Anyhoo...Ferrari have promoted from within, correct?
JET set

diffuser

FoxHound wrote:Was fun while it lasted.

Anyhoo...Ferrari have promoted from within, correct?

I read that the Vice is interim...

diffuser

This story says http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140709/ ... 46153.html Sassi is running the show and they have a dozen engineers coming from Merc. They tried to sign Cowell but were not successful.

Kiril Varbanov

None of the Ferrari press officers replied to my inquiries, so I assume it's a sensitive matter, which we are all going to hear about - the Marmorini's state.
I can intercept, however, that Mattia Binotto has stepped in to monitor new engine (2015) project. Let's see who's right.

F1NAC

Strategy fart

lkm9719

i think ferrari is going to the right path, but not big forward, look at yesterday race , kimi is doing racing , as before just cruising as fighting the car handling. it is improving, hope they do more radical change to lift up the car to suit both driver to make ferrari on top which they did last decade .

kaido

I find this Interesting
Marco Mattiacci, Team Principal: “This was a very hard fought race for both the drivers and the team, which confirms the great effort put in by everyone on a weekend that never had a moment’s breathing space and in which we did our utmost. Fernando produced another fantastic performance, while we saw encouraging signs from Kimi, which unfortunately did not translate into concrete results. We know the weak points of our car and at every race we are looking for improvements that can also be useful for the new project which is beginning to take shape. Now attention turns to the next round in Hungary. It will be another demanding race, but at the same time another opportunity to improve.”
We know the weak points of our car and at every race we are looking for improvements that can also be useful for the new project which is beginning to take shape. - Sounds to me like they are switching focus to the 2015 car

Kiril Varbanov

kaido wrote:I find this Interesting
Marco Mattiacci, Team Principal: “This was a very hard fought race for both the drivers and the team, which confirms the great effort put in by everyone on a weekend that never had a moment’s breathing space and in which we did our utmost. Fernando produced another fantastic performance, while we saw encouraging signs from Kimi, which unfortunately did not translate into concrete results. We know the weak points of our car and at every race we are looking for improvements that can also be useful for the new project which is beginning to take shape. Now attention turns to the next round in Hungary. It will be another demanding race, but at the same time another opportunity to improve.”
We know the weak points of our car and at every race we are looking for improvements that can also be useful for the new project which is beginning to take shape. - Sounds to me like they are switching focus to the 2015 car
The 2015 project has started, more or less, at the beginning of June. What was appalling to me was, once again, the late calling of Alonso for the final pit. I mean, the race strategy and live predictions should do better. Previously, this was controlled remotely from Maranello by Neil Martin. I'm not sure what the case is today, as Ferrari's press office is acting as usual: silently.
Laps 46-53 have been pretty bad for Alonso, with average delta of lap times compared to his direct rival, Vettel, with about 1.5 seconds. The last two were 2.4 and 5.2 seconds Alonso being behind VET's lap times.

The next strange case was Kimi's shouting angry on the radio that "we really have to pit, the car won't turn". 2 seconds before that, his race engineer was telling him to stay 4 more laps. Absolutely inadequate decisions.

Rikhart

It´s easily apparent to outside observers that ferrari are extremely fixated and unmoving with their strategies, they are absolutely unable to adapt to new events, tyre/track condition, car positions...

Kingshark

Lauda had a go at Ferrari (and McLaren too):

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/938 ... en-Ferrari

CBeck113

For once, I have to agree with him - LdM's complaining leaves the impression that he wants to put some of the blame on the rules, which are the same for everyone. On the other side, Mercedes have been working for this rule change for years, with a budget twice the size of the other teams, so it is not surprizing that they are ahead - just the size of their advantage makes things pretty boring for me.
I wonder what he would be saying if Ferrari had their advantage now...I would love to believe it would be the same, but I'm not fully convinced...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Pierce89

CBeck113 wrote:For once, I have to agree with him - LdM's complaining leaves the impression that he wants to put some of the blame on the rules, which are the same for everyone. On the other side, Mercedes have been working for this rule change for years, with a budget twice the size of the other teams, so it is not surprizing that they are ahead - just the size of their advantage makes things pretty boring for me.
I wonder what he would be saying if Ferrari had their advantage now...I would love to believe it would be the same, but I'm not fully convinced...
The difference is, if Ferrari had the best engine it would be "only because Ferrari spend so much", but when Merc outspends everyone by a mile they "just did a better job".
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

diffuser

Pierce89 wrote:
CBeck113 wrote:For once, I have to agree with him - LdM's complaining leaves the impression that he wants to put some of the blame on the rules, which are the same for everyone. On the other side, Mercedes have been working for this rule change for years, with a budget twice the size of the other teams, so it is not surprizing that they are ahead - just the size of their advantage makes things pretty boring for me.
The difference is, if Ferrari had the best engine it would be "only because Ferrari spend so much", but when Merc outspends everyone by a mile they "just did a better job".

Hence the problem with F1 and the need for a cap.

Perhaps another approach is that they should all have customer engines. Like Ferrari could build an engine but the engine department should be separate from the chassis and respond to everyone's request equally (seperate company). The same would be for Merc, Renault and Honda when they arrive.

I'm not sure what you're are saying is correct (about merc spending double $$$ on the engine) not sure where you'd get that proof. Thou I suspect it is (well at least a lot more, not sure about double).