Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SectorOne

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Pierce89 wrote:If I just got fired, I'd be blaming everyone else too.
On the flipside you can now tell people what the problem really is.
If you´re still working at Ferrari you can´t go and say "oh Tombaziz messed up the engine".
Then you would get fired. So if he´s already fired, no issues.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sevach

To be honest neither guy delivered.

The chassis isn't a masterpiece, ok, but i'm sure when he was asked to compromise, Marmorini thought he was giving about 15 hp away, 30 tops...
And his engine is apparently 50+ down

Kalsi

Let's think like this for a second...

If all we know from this story it's true, then why Mattiacci fired Marmorini and kept Tombasitz? Yes Marmorini was asked to make a smaller engine to gain aero benefits but... AERO BENEFITS ARENT THERE... nor chassis ones... Being Mattiacci i would have done the exact opposite... fired Tombasitz and kept Marmorini, surely one of best engineers Ferrari had

froggy

I disagree. There will always be pressure on the engine design team team to compromise for the sake of packaging. Marmorini delivered a sub-par PU. Mercedes and Redbull have just as tight rear ends as the Ferrari, yet obviously used that space better than the boys in Red.

froggy

...Just to be clear, im not impressed by Tombasitz either. :lol:

diffuser

Kalsi wrote:Let's think like this for a second...

If all we know from this story it's true, then why Mattiacci fired Marmorini and kept Tombasitz? Yes Marmorini was asked to make a smaller engine to gain aero benefits but... AERO BENEFITS ARENT THERE... nor chassis ones... Being Mattiacci i would have done the exact opposite... fired Tombasitz and kept Marmorini, surely one of best engineers Ferrari had
Don't forget they haven't been able to run the aero they've wanted cause of the PU heat. The lack of exhaust insulation has a 2 fold effect. the heat Reduces PU power and forces Aero mods to allow more air flow.

An Argument could be made that the PU issues have negatively effect the aero.

irsq4

No bad thinking, but if he overseen exhaust insulation,... I mean, that`s one of the basic things. :(

timbo

irsq4 wrote:No bad thinking, but if he overseen exhaust insulation,... I mean, that`s one of the basic things. :(
That might be weight driven. It is possible that the main problem is missed weight target which has a knock out effect on everything else.

irsq4

timbo wrote:
irsq4 wrote:No bad thinking, but if he overseen exhaust insulation,... I mean, that`s one of the basic things. :(
That might be weight driven. It is possible that the main problem is missed weight target which has a knock out effect on everything else.
Not install insulation on exhaust manifold due to weight saving is outstanding way for weight-cutting :mrgreen:

diffuser

irsq4 wrote:
timbo wrote:
Not install insulation on exhaust manifold due to weight saving is outstanding way for weight-cutting :mrgreen:
It took 10 races but they finally used the whole aero package in quali and the race. The performance was very good.

Be intereasting to see what they do for the rest of the year. What changes that Alison has in mind for next years car. We keep hearing a revelosion but Allison did say early on that you just keep tweaking these cars.

Kiril Varbanov

Marco Mattiaci confirms he had asked Bernie and fellow team bosses for some more loose engine freeze rules.

Bob Brown

Finally watched the Mattiacci interview where he said "We are not here to keep Fernando happy, we are not here to look for happiness. We are here to look for the fastest car."

Time will tell, but this guy seems like the kick in the pants Ferrari needed in a long time. Make a fast car, win championships.

f1316

I presume they didn't change the gear ratios for spa? Wonder if they will for monza or whether they'd then be unsuitable in Singapore?

Probably keep them as is and then do optimum for abu dabi.

diemaster

will be very good for ferrari