Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

When alonso joined Ferrari there were big hopes. Some people thought a new a la Michael Schumacher era may start. the same now with Vettel. When Michael Schumacher joined Scuderia there was a bunch of important and high skilled people that came along...Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne were two of them. That is the problem of Ferrari. in 2007 should have promoted Ross Brawn to team principal. As James Alisson said, people in Maranello are afraid to risk. There was no plan no vision...
they lack the key people. Alonso is the most complete package but the team could not follow...the driver grew bigger than the team in terms of performance, consistency, credibility. The only good thing that remained from the Schumacher dominated era was the reliability of Ferrari -until last year of course. Now the clock is ticking against Alonso. He is old and Ferrari may need a couple of years at least before they can challenge for both titles.
The competition in the driver field grows bigger and bigger. Cars are not so demanding as some years ago. Talented drivers from lower formulas can drive them fast out of the box relying on their natural talent and some time in the simulator.

I still think Alonso should stay and finish his career in Ferrari. If he has 4-5 years left I think his best choice is to stay with a big team rather than change teams. He has his authority established and McLaren-Honda combination is risky in many ways. But I think either are in a very long path and Alonso sees no light in the end of the tunnel, and also the relationship is strained too much.

I suspect Alonso ideally would like to wait a year and maybe land on Mercedes team or maybe try to do a new start in McLaren to build the honda team around him and challenge for a couple titles 2016 onwards.

Ferrari repeats itself. It is dealing Alonso the way they did with Michael Schumacher in 2006. I suspect that Ferrari in the Alonso days did not listen to Alonso or accept his proposals to hire key staff that way they did with Michael Schumacher.

Mattiaci wants to start a new era and as it was said...no one is indispensable...lets wait and see...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

zeph
zeph

I posted this link in the Silly Season thread, but thought it is appropriate here, too:

http://richlandf1.com/?p=29190

charlex

Re: R: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

mika vs michael wrote:When alonso joined Ferrari there were big hopes. Some people thought a new a la Michael Schumacher era may start. the same now with Vettel. When Michael Schumacher joined Scuderia there was a bunch of important and high skilled people that came along...Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne were two of them. That is the problem of Ferrari. in 2007 should have promoted Ross Brawn to team principal. As James Alisson said, people in Maranello are afraid to risk. There was no plan no vision...
they lack the key people. Alonso is the most complete package but the team could not follow...the driver grew bigger than the team in terms of performance, consistency, credibility. The only good thing that remained from the Schumacher dominated era was the reliability of Ferrari -until last year of course. Now the clock is ticking against Alonso. He is old and Ferrari may need a couple of years at least before they can challenge for both titles.
The competition in the driver field grows bigger and bigger. Cars are not so demanding as some years ago. Talented drivers from lower formulas can drive them fast out of the box relying on their natural talent and some time in the simulator.

I still think Alonso should stay and finish his career in Ferrari. If he has 4-5 years left I think his best choice is to stay with a big team rather than change teams. He has his authority established and McLaren-Honda combination is risky in many ways. But I think either are in a very long path and Alonso sees no light in the end of the tunnel, and also the relationship is strained too much.

I suspect Alonso ideally would like to wait a year and maybe land on Mercedes team or maybe try to do a new start in McLaren to build the honda team around him and challenge for a couple titles 2016 onwards.

Ferrari repeats itself. It is dealing Alonso the way they did with Michael Schumacher in 2006. I suspect that Ferrari in the Alonso days did not listen to Alonso or accept his proposals to hire key staff that way they did with Michael Schumacher.

Mattiaci wants to start a new era and as it was said...no one is indispensable...lets wait and see...
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/al ... s-ferrari/

Read carefully

f1316
f1316

I think you really have to question if kimi is doing a good enough job. His performance in Japan was so far short of Alonso in quali and he was absolutely anonymous in the race.

He also has nothing to offer in terms of building for the future - even saying he will probably quit after his contact. So why delay the inevitable?

The clear replacement candidate is now obviously having far more important things to deal with, but I would much rather see a hulkenburg or perez (another Ferrari academy guy) with some hunger in that spot

Juzh

f1316 wrote:I think you really have to question if kimi is doing a good enough job. His performance in Japan was so far short of Alonso in quali and he was absolutely anonymous in the race.
Agree rai was nowhere compared to alo in japan, but he did have to change his PU after free practice to a unit with much more mileage on it and it was very clear it had much less power compared to the one in alo's car.

mcalex
mcalex

not to mention lost time in FP3 and not being able to set-up the car properly.

max_speed
max_speed

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5035 ... scapegoat/

i dnt know wht ferrari is doing by turning alonso into scapegoat. i dnt think raikonen and vettel are capable of doing set of miracles alonso did in past. article summaries all the things that i hate about ferrari.

Richard
Richard

All divorces are messy, especially between such passionate couple as Ferrari and Alsonso.

On a positive note, events at Maranello do show that they have a strong single minded leadership unafraid to make the radical changes needed to restructure the team.

Juzh

Richard wrote:All divorces are messy, especially between such passionate couple as Ferrari and Alsonso.

On a positive note, events at Maranello do show that they have a strong single minded leadership unafraid to make the radical changes needed to restructure the team.
TBH vettel/RBR wasn't all that messy by comparison, wouldn't you agree?

Richard
Richard

To extend the analogy, RB weren't concerned about Vettel eloping because they have a harem of young fresh replacements, one of whom has already usurped Vettel as the alpha in the pack.

One could say RB are polyamourous while Ferrari and Alonso swore undying monogomy for all eternity while at the same time flirting with others.

diffuser

Richard wrote:To extend the analogy, RB weren't concerned about Vettel eloping because they have a harem of young fresh replacements, one of whom has already usurped Vettel as the alpha in the pack.

One could say RB are polyamourous while Ferrari and Alonso swore undying monogomy for all eternity while at the same time flirting with others.

I think they're throwing out the baby with the bathwater. That being said, if they build a winner, Vettel has proven he can drive it home. So Can Rai........in my opinion, all things being equal, they'd all be following Alonzo.

zeph
zeph

Of course, Mattiacci seems to have brokered an engine 'unfreeze', and next year's car will be the first one overseen by James Allison, so there is a good chance that Ferrari will be much more competitive.

Mark my words: the haters will sing Vettel's praises and accept it as proof that Alonso was never that good anyway.

trinidefender
trinidefender

zeph wrote:Of course, Mattiacci seems to have brokered an engine 'unfreeze', and next year's car will be the first one overseen by James Allison, so there is a good chance that Ferrari will be much more competitive.

Mark my words: the haters will sing Vettel's praises and accept it as proof that Alonso was never that good anyway.
Never that good? It seems Alonso's speciality is making a mediocre car not seem so mediocre.

I'll bet you that, should Vettel go to Ferrari, he won't do as well as Alonso. What can we bet? Up votes/down votes? Hahahaha :lol:

bhall II
bhall II

How does that work anyway? Next year's car could be better than the current one, ergo its driver could be better?

trinidefender
trinidefender

bhall II wrote:How does that work anyway? Next year's car could be better than the current one, ergo its driver could be better?
Those two points were meant to really be separate. More like I believe he is probably the best right now in addition to making a bad car look good, not something that all the"fastest" drivers can do.